Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 384

Old 05-20-2018, 03:57 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

11:57am...24 more please...love to All
Old 05-20-2018, 04:00 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

In for 24 more hours of sobriety at 0556 Rainy Morning Time.

So much crap and bad advice on these pseudo-medical infomercials.

House cleaning is a must do today. Already had an urge thinking about it. Associated drinking with cleaning. Sad thing was the place was a disaster days later because of the binge. Not today!

Everyone here posting deserves a sober and clean living place!
Old 05-20-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:18am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!!
Old 05-20-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Well that is AWESOME Kris....so happy for you... ♥♥
Hi Sweet One.

Hope you are doing much better.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
Checking in late but, checking g in sober!

I hope everyone’s day was great!
Jsm................
Old 05-20-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

GOOD Morning Beautiful People!!
Old 05-20-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Congrats to todays Milestoners!!

Congrats to all those sober today!!

Prayers for the sick or struggling.

GS is still asleep. Time to play a little catchup.

Sunday Blessings!
Old 05-20-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by neoo View Post
second date panned this afternoon just meeting and going for a nice walk
Old 05-20-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by boots45 View Post
24 for me please.

1.11pm here in the UK sorry for lateness
Hello Boots!
Old 05-20-2018, 04:46 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Im in for 24 more . Have a great today friends.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:48 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Hello everyone! How are you guys doing? I'm feeling so much better than yesterday, even though I didn't sleep well. I had some vividly realistic, disturbing nightmares that kept waking me up, until my kitty came to snuggle with me. It felt very special, because he usually prefers to sleep in his own bed.

Anyway, I want to say thank you for all of those people that listened to me yesterday when I was in a very dark place, I was glued to this thread and somehow survived.

I'm in for 24! It's gonna be a good day.

PS: Couldn't stop myself... that's my kitty snoozing in my arms Isn't he da cutest...

Animals have a 7th sense about when we need extra love. Sending you some from me, too!
Old 05-20-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
In for 24 more hours of sobriety at 0556 Rainy Morning Time.

So much crap and bad advice on these pseudo-medical infomercials.

House cleaning is a must do today. Already had an urge thinking about it. Associated drinking with cleaning. Sad thing was the place was a disaster days later because of the binge. Not today!

Everyone here posting deserves a sober and clean living place!
I can so relate to this... Drunk cleaning was my thing and it’s still a big trigger. My flat is so disgusting and I can’t live like this anymore. I have a big mess to clean up but I’m trying to think how much happier I will be once it’s done... Take care Wisc
Old 05-20-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Been up since 5.30am clearing up after yesterday's party. Yet another advantage of sobriety...... you can get up early and get loads of stuff done whilst everyone else sleeps off hangovers. It was a great day. My darling boy is now baptised, the sun shone and no one got concussion on the bouncy castle.... perfect. It was so great to see my old school/uni friends that I haven't seen for ages and none of my family members got drunk and had arguments with each other so it was great..... except......there's one thing that's really bothering me........and I keep trying to do mindfulness and tell my brain to focus on all the positives but......

The godparents are our friends who moved up north last year. They still have meetings in London and always use our house as a base when they're here. So they were obviously at the church yesterday and then they came back to our house and were there for an hour or so and then disappeared. There were over 100 people there and if I'd been drinking I probably wouldn't have noticed they were missing. And I certainly wouldn't have minded if they went AWOL for an hour or so. But they turned up 5 hours later ..... drunk. They'd taken the opportunity to meet up with other friends at a cricket match. So they came back and then slept over here last night. They're in the kitchen now with my husband making breakfast. I'm feeling a bit annoyed. I mean, they're the godparents. .... guests of honour and they went missing for most of the party. I know I need to keep my cool and smile until they leave but I'm finding it a bit difficult. I feel like they just use our house as a bed and breakfast and I'm surprised and disappointed in them. But as I'm writing this I'm already starting to feel better. I know I often behaved appallingly when I was drinking and it's nice to be sober and know that no matter how much other people may drink and disappoint me, it's actually nothing to do with me. Right, I need to take a few deep breaths and help them with breakfast......why do I find it so hard to hide my true feelings??? I'm going to try to be the best possible version of myself until they leave..... then I'll go back to being me.

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxxxx
I think it's upsetting to the max, and it's NOTHING to do with their drinking....the fact that they did that, as godparents, just left in the middle of the party....quite frankly it wouldn't matter where they went....that is wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

I would be very hurt and very angry.....the fact that you have your smart sober brain on and were able to get to the end of that is fantastic....ultimately, it is their stuff not yours. Bad behaviour. They are responsible.

I might say something down the line....not wanting to make anything awkward today.....but down the line, a word....hey, that hurt....maybe?

SO glad it all went so well honey. ♥♥♥
Old 05-20-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Morning Kenton. Good to hear from you, I am so glad it all went well and your weren't tempted. In my opinion your friends behaved badly, that really wasn't fair. If they were just staying at yours for meetings/business etc in London then fine to meet up with old friends, but when they are the Godparents it is not nice at all. I hope you can put it behind you but I understand that you are miffed. Have a lovely Sunday.
See this is what happens when you are a prolific Aussie who has been brought up by Brits....I have all of the good old UK common sense, but none of the ability to be succinct.

And then here comes Juliet and says it all really clearly in 4 sentences.

Love you honey.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
24 for me please.

Woke up still feeling quite rough and scared. It seems to wear off after a bit. I've taken a week off work to give myself some time. Bit worried already about keeping the balance when I go back. Trying not to obsess! ODAAT for everything I think.

Congratulations to all our milestoners today!!

Love and best wishes to you all. Be back later 💗💗
I clearly remember that feeling...in some ways it was the hardest part of withdrawal for me....I mean, the feeling ill part I could do, but that weird what is wrong feeling every morning when I woke up.....rough and scared is a good way to put it.....the good news is that it passes....totally....everyone is different but for me it was about 2 weeks. And then I started to wake up feeling happy.

Must admit I am looking forward to that again now....I have not woken up happy for a while.....I had too many health issues in the way. Getting there....

Be proud of yourself honey, you are doing so well.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Thank you darling. It just takes me straight back to my week of withdrawal. The memories and the similarities are frightening.
I just want my babies back.
Maybe it's best I have this time to sob without them here.
There is indeed great comfort seeing our Gabe and Snufkin getting better. I'm so glad you are coming through this girls xxx
But I had HIM by my side. I didn't do it alone. Now that the anger has gone I've realised what I've thrown away. Now that the ego has gone back in its box I'm left to reap what I have sown. Not in addiction but through my "recovery". 99% of me wants to say I'm sorry and beg him to come back. I can't deny it. This poorly addicted mind of mine is in bits. I just miss him that's all....
Dear Sweet Jo,

Life has a way of working itself out. And it will. For the better. In God's timing. I so understand about the loneliness though. It can be however, more lonely living with the wrong person. You'll figure it out. The both of you. If it's meant to be it will be. Love you sweetie.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:08 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
24 for me please.

Woke up still feeling quite rough and scared. It seems to wear off after a bit. I've taken a week off work to give myself some time. Bit worried already about keeping the balance when I go back. Trying not to obsess! ODAAT for everything I think.

Congratulations to all our milestoners today!!

Love and best wishes to you all. Be back later ����
I’ve taken a week off work too Gabe!! It’s an eye opener when I think about how long it takes for my body to recover after that night... My hands are still shaking and I can’t eat much; I’m sick and queasy every time I’m preparing food so I have to take deep breaths and close my eyes while making a sandwich lol.

Take care Gabe, we’re gonna get through this together ❤️
Old 05-20-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning all.
Gabe I think a week off work is a really good idea. If you can try and stay in each day it will help. A week is a long time to gain some strength sweetheart. Stay strong and hopeful ❤❤❤
Kenton I am thrilled the party was a success. I can't say I'd be able to manage the rude behaviour of your friends with such dignity right now. I am in awe of your balanced thinking. It's the sort if thing that eats me up inside these days *sigh*
Update on my situ. He is coming over on Tuesday evening to talk. I don't know how it will go but I'm going to try my hardest to be calm and objective. Who am I kidding I'll be a disaster! We can't just walk away and not even talk. It may be the start or indeed the end. I have no idea. The challenge I have now is coping with the pit of depression it's thrown me into. In terms of the L in HALT that's the tricky one. Good food, rest, my girls, work, pottering at home will all help in some way. Still desperately sad but I am sober and free.
24 please ❤❤❤
I just turned Skype on....I promise you dear girl we will get you to Tuesday and you will not be a disaster at all. We keep talking about how similar we are (as in Jojo and I), and I do think we tend to catastrophise. I know I sure do. (Like yesterday for example).

We don't need to turn our friends' rude behaviour into a pit in our guts love....even if we don't want to confront them, why not write a letter....even one you don't send.....(hypothetically).....there are so many ways to deal with our feelings that don't include us choking on them....and we LEARN those skills honey....learning now.

I am so so proud of you for organising this....for talking to him and saying yes to meeting up. It might be a quick chat with him checking he has all of his things love.....whatever happens, you WILL be OK.
Keep telling yourself that and your brain will encode it....

Love you very much. ♥♥♥
Old 05-20-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

5:11a.m in Northern Idaho. 24 more hours, no matter what.❤️
Old 05-20-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
I’ve taken a week off work too Gabe!! It’s an eye opener when I think about how long it takes for my body to recover after that night... My hands are still shaking and I can’t eat much; I’m sick and queasy every time I’m preparing food so I have to take deep breaths and close my eyes while making a sandwich lol.

Take care Gabe, we’re gonna get through this together ❤️
Love you Snufkin honey.....

Good move on the time off.....both of you girls.... ♥♥♥