Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 6

Old 04-17-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 6

last part

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-5-a-20.html (Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 5)

D
Old 04-17-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee- hope life is treating you well and you have great plans for the year!

Okay everyone please just pop in say hello, I miss everyone!!

badge
Old 04-18-2018, 01:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. Gosh it's been so long since I've even though about checking in on here. I'm sorry and not sorry.

I turned 40 last month and I've had so many occasions to celebrate, there's been something every week - it's been really nice but it's kept me busy. So much so I haven't given drinking a second thought. I even looked on my phone yesterday just to see how long it was since my last little episode and I'm coming up to 50 days already.

Badge it's nice to see you are still around.

How are things with you? My oh got made redundant as you know and is now trying to set up his own business which means things will be difficult for a while. Luckily a lot of the plans I have this year I paid for last year so I've got things to look forward to without worrying about money too much.

Life is good and drinking is a million miles away atm.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Charlie- Yup I am still around will be for a long time, hopefully not talking to myself in here tho,,,,

Happy belated birthday! glad you made it through all the celebrations in good shape, that could not have been to easy, congrats!

Soul-- where are you!! check in please please please!!

badge
Old 04-18-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks badgerden
hi charliesworld - happy birthday

D
Old 04-19-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Just a quick check in to let everybody know I’m still sober. 179 days now, I can’t believe it. I’ve been so busy but hope to post a bit more soon. I hope everybody else is doing ok.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hurray DoubleDee!!!
Old 04-20-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great doubledee

D
Old 05-01-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, hope you are doing well and that life is treating you as it should, which is wonderfully!

CC, Soul, Ready45, and everyone else please check in I miss you all!

Badge
Old 05-01-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi badgerden

D
Old 05-03-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Hey everyone
Good to see so many still doing good. I am still doing good, just busy with work and life I guess. to you all ♥
Old 05-05-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Graduation...?

Hi guys. I hope you’re all well.
The ordinary things of my life seem to have taken over the time and focus that used to be reserved for SR.
SR was a crutch that helped fill a great big hole in my life that was created by my drinking.
It (and you guys) helped save me and for that I will always be grateful.
Life has filled the gaps and the truth is that I rarely think about alcohol, I rarely feel I’m missing anything and as such I rarely think about logging in here.
You might say I’m sort of cured...?
I think about it as like having graduated.
I sort of feel like I’m moving on in a whole load of ways.
I’ll check in with you from you from time to time.
I wish every one of you every best wish.
And strength.
And Joy.
And success.

Keep well,
SoberVictor
Old 05-06-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey October family!

Hope everyone is well- positive thoughts your way to all!

Ba Bam!
Old 05-06-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good wishes to you Victor - just remember the door here swings both ways - you're always welcome )

D
Old 05-07-2018, 12:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

That uncle of mine whom I mentioned several months ago, he was told if he didn’t stop drinking he would die.....well he quit drinking.
I was chatting with him yesterday.
He sounded great.
We talked about our common experiences now sober.
We both acknowledge that we felt better, looked better, had more energy, had much clearer thought & better focus, have better interpersonal relationships and generally feel upbeat in our attitude to the world.
Then he said something that rocked me...
He said he doesn’t believe he was really alcoholic, just that his drinking (which he has always enjoyed) got a little out of control. He says that the first 3 months were easy but the past several weeks have been tough, and he keeps thinking about drinking and he’s wondering if he could maybe just have wine once and a while with his meals.
That’s causing major alarm bells to ring in my mind.
I tried to reinforce all the positivity of sobriety with him but I know if he’s thinking that way then his addictive voice is playing a very sneaky long game and he is vulnerable.

We all remain vulnerable.
The rule I follow is that any thought that supports the idea that I may ever drink....ever ....is my addictive voice and it is my job to recognise that straight away and quash it immediately.
I’m not saying the battle is over, rather the activities of normal life have largely resumed and whilst we can get on with it and enjoy it, we must remain eternally vigilant.

My best wishes to you all.
SoberVictor
Old 05-07-2018, 02:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats pretty much my backline too - any thoughts I might be ok to drink again are insane - and I'm no longer insane. I hope your uncle decides against it.

D
Old 05-09-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi all, hope it's ok to re join the group; scrolling back I see a lot of familiar names

I was on here none stop a few months ago but unfortunately relapsed back to my binges.
It's so much worse this time and after researching a little I think it's down to the "kindling effect" my withdrawals recently have taken a whole new turn, much more extreme and with hallucinations too, scary stuff indeed! My body is screaming out to feel healthy again or I know it will only get a whole lot worse.

I'm struggling now but want to get back to feeling positive about being and staying sober.
This last few months have put my parents under so much strain and alot of other people around me also, starting to feel so ashamed in myself for causing so much destruction around me but today is my Day 1 and I'm determined this has to work now...

Sorry for the rather morbid post just checking in and with honesty and hope with checking back onto here I can move onwards and upwards

This site and this same group was a lifeline for me last time.

K
Old 05-09-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Kit!! I am sorry about your relapse but very happy to see you none the less!
This thread has quieted down a lot but still has good people in it.

I am currently fighting the complacency monster, that creature sunk me the last time, made me believe i could "moderate" be a "social" drinker,,,,,, HA! Way wrong,,,,

So do you have a plan? Anything different this time around? I hope you are not beating yourself up to much over your slip, the AV is a really strong competitor, just when you think the dang thing is down for the match, it pops up behind you and gives a good sucker punch. stupid thing.

stay strong and close!

Badge
Old 05-09-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Badgergarden!

My drinking is in extreme binges, anything from 4-5 days up to 2 weeks drinking morning, noon and night and very heavily. After each one recently after laying in bed withdrawing for a few days I've just believed I can do it by myself and then have a drink again in time but it's all lies to myself and I can see just how crazy it is now! The severity of my withdrawals now are really terrifying me so thats going to definitely help scare me off the drink...

The longest spell I had was when I was on here and going to the odd group fairly local to me so that's the plan. Also I was spending more time with a very close friend who's just over a year in recovery now, I distanced from her recently due to me just wanting to get drunk but I want to get our friendship back on track and get back to things we were doing like the running in the morning, that was a massive help.

Good to hear from you again and I'm hoping not to disappear this time

K
Old 05-09-2018, 06:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back kit.

I'm hoping not to disappear this time
you have one hundred percent say on whether you disappear or not...just sayin'

D