Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 368

Old 03-31-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Does anyone know how I can flip my pic? It’s fine on my phone - thanks x
Not sure what to do exactly....I know how to flip them on the computer but not the phone....do you have Widows photo editor? It has rotate.

Or...if you have the pic on your phone, you could send it to me on Skype and I will flip it for you.....but that's not helpful. Or maybe it is. Gee I need to drink my coffee.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
We've taken the kids away on a little Easter holiday and we're staying in a beautiful place that has no wifi. It's the kind of place that if you stand on one leg by the post box at the end of the road and wait for the owl to say 'twit twoo' three times, you might get 7 seconds of wifi. So, I may not be checking in every day but I'm here and I'm sober and sending lots of love to you all. Right, standing on one leg is starting to hurt and the owl is giving me funny looks so I'm outta here. Congrats milestones, 24 more for me please xxxx

(Not sure I like the poking bit....that better not be hurting the owl).
Old 03-31-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Up before the Easter bunny hey dear lyddie? ♥♥

Good morning.
I always did like that Easter bunny!
Old 03-31-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Haha I think you have to touch your nose at the same time to get the signal hun!! hilarious
Maybe you have to cuddle the owl?

Old 03-31-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Not sure what to do exactly....I know how to flip them on the computer but not the phone....do you have Widows photo editor? It has rotate.

Or...if you have the pic on your phone, you could send it to me on Skype and I will flip it for you.....but that's not helpful. Or maybe it is. Gish I need to drink my coffee.
Ahh maybe I'll upload from my MacBook instead of my phone?

Thanks my beautiful xx
Old 03-31-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning gang! Girls have just gone off to their dads for the day so I'm again mulling over what to do. I still love the freedom of choice even if making the lazy choice is the choice! Just having a catch up here (of course!) and then I'll have a bit of a tidy up and do a food shop. I had an utter disastrous day yesterday on the diet front! It was bloody lush!!!!!!
Big thing I'm doing today is......wait for it.........joining the gym! (is there a fainting smilie?!). There's a great one just up the road and it's about time I took the plunge and joined. It's not cheap (£40 a month) but I spend £7 a go already at my yoga classes which are all free at this place. I hope don't get that pressure and guilt once I've joined but I feel it's the right time to join. The idea of swimming and yoga is fine but "real" exercise is actually quite terrifying. I know I'm unfit and haven't exercised to the purple-face stage for years so I will need a little bit of bravery at the start.
Anyhoo.......everything continues to be wonderful really if I think about it. 8 months sober and a gratitude for that which will never wane. Nobody in my real life understands just how precious this new little life I've carved out for myself is. Only you guys do.
I shall have another 24 please and just want to thank every one of you for being here and helping me every day

I know it's scary to think of "exercise" but you will love it....and you bet we understand.....and I hope you know how truly precious you are. Big time.

Love you to pieces. ♥♥
Old 03-31-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Good morning all, it's 8:25am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me please and thanks!
Old 03-31-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

That is so adorable. I love owls.

Checking in for 24 more please. I can't wait for this weekend. I don't know why I'm not doing anything special. My dysfunctional family gets together, no one likes anyone else, it's a drag, beyond a drag; my family can be really cruel sometimes. I think I'm going to take a raincheck this year and save myself a migraine.

So, I'm looking forward to it and the weather is supposed to be nice too. I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend, no matter what your doing!

Old 03-31-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Ahh maybe I'll upload from my MacBook instead of my phone?

Thanks my beautiful xx
Yep, that will work. ♥♥
Old 03-31-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
That is so adorable. I love owls.

Checking in for 24 more please. I can't wait for this weekend. I don't know why I'm not doing anything special. My dysfunctional family gets together, no one likes anyone else, it's a drag, beyond a drag; my family can be really cruel sometimes. I think I'm going to take a raincheck this year and save myself a migraine.

So, I'm looking forward to it and the weather is supposed to be nice too. I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend, no matter what your doing!

So that's something special love.....something for you.
Just imagine the lovely things yo can do in the next few days.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning from Texas!

I am having some crazy allergy thing this morning, but the birds are singing away so I’m wondering if birds sneeze?

24 please

Red
Old 03-31-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Good morning from Texas!

I am having some crazy allergy thing this morning, but the birds are singing away so I’m wondering if birds sneeze?

24 please

Red
Apparently they do.
I hope you are not too sneezy love.

# 333 (permalink)  

Heading out to walk the dogs. 24 hours sober comin up.
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thanks, V. You always put the voice of reason into what you say so often.

You and Nick have a great holiday. Your first Easter together? How fun.

Have a good one. I'll write you a note later about the orientation at animal services.

Love,
Aly xxoo
Old 03-31-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Ooooo wonderful love.....thank you!!!! ♥

Nick and I have plans to relax and have fun for the next few days, and then there are the 100 000 plants that need to go in a garden that is going to freeze overnight for another week. I have to do something about this. My kitchen looks like Columbus Botanical Gardens. I need to at least reorganise the jungle.

Morning darling zepp.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

24 more hours.

Yesterday was hard. The AV was loud from the start. Then, my sponsor kinda guilted me about not calling her for 2 days. One of those days I did try, and she didn't pick up. The other day I was truly busy and had planned to call her on my way home from a family dinner but it poured rain and it wouldn't have been safe. Then she got on me for missing the lunch meeting yesterday. I had stayed home and listened to a speaker tape instead. She said "girls at the homestead house have to go to one every night". Firstly, I'm not in the homestead house. Not saying I'm better than those that are, but there's a reason I haven't been in multiple treatment facilities or in and out of jail several times. I dont think I should be held to the same standards.

Second, i went to meetings on sunday, tuesday, wednesday, i think thats pretty good! I'm starting to worry that maybe I need a sponsor who came in off the streets like me. I was just put off by the tone of the phone call which left me feeling like I had done something wrong when I hadn't. But I would loathe trying to find a new one and have that conversation with her, as I avoid conflict at all costs.

Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I used to avoid conflict at all cost as well, but we need to protect ourselves Alex love. That was not right as far as I am concerned....some sponsors need to remember that it means friend and guide, not boss. Or mother. Or judge.

Just keep doing what you are doing and keep your eyes open....betting any money the right sponsor will walk right into your life. And then you will have help dealing with the one who is a bit too assertive.

Oh....and "pretty good".....nuh uh.....you are doing amazingly incredibly well. !!!!!
Old 03-31-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning my 24s, please count me ALL in.
Congratulations to everyone celebrating a Milestone!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful, sober day or night. Love to all....xxxx
Old 03-31-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good morning darling bandi.

Hello dear Neoo