Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 6

Old 07-09-2018, 09:14 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

I just recently logged back into SMART too, Dec....every little bit helps, I think
Old 07-11-2018, 01:29 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

How was the smart meeting Dec? Love the tiger pic purps I do love the big cats, we go to the safari park sometimes and drive through the lion enclosure. Last time the pride were right next to the road except for the big guy in charge. I’ll try to upload a pic when I get the chance. Hope everyone’s doing ok
Old 07-11-2018, 10:26 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello guys and girls.
I'm glad to see the thread is living on and glad to stay I'm still sober and drug free since near the end of Feb. I dont have much to offer other than its super nice weather here and we are taking advantage of it as much as possible. Honestly every day is not a bunch of rose petals but I'm happier than I was in a long time. My relationship with my wife and daughter has gotten so much better.

Snufkin, I hope things work out for you in Edinburgh. I visited it with a school tour when I was a very small boy. It was my first time out of Ireland. I was with my friends from my class. We were proper little brats. We had a fire extinguisher fight in the corridors of the hotel. Let me tell you the hotel people and out teachers were none too pleased.

Leana, I hope it works out for you and your man. Hopefully he will find work and everything will mozy on in the right direction.

Dec, your right we are nearly at the one year mark

Lily, Purps, Captain, and you snuf see you guys over on the weekender.

I joined the weekender about 18 months ago cause I was struggling on thursday evenings onwards and it really helped me to have a thread whic was dedicated to getting people through the weekend. Dont hesitate to pop in they are fabulous people over there...

Hello to anyone I may have forgotten.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:03 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hi all

Vman - nice t see you checking n on our class.

Lily - I go to SMART every Monday. I have been going since sat August. I have learned a lot there and met some really nice people. Their stories of wild drug as well as alcohol abuse and the things they had done to fuel their addictions, several ending in lengthy prison time are sobering in themselves. Yet all of the people are really genuinely nice. The old 'don't judge a book by its cover' applies in spades.

Last day of summer term for me today. I'm whacked and need this.

Have a sober day class.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:42 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Checking in on a new day 8....yes I agree the Weekender Thread is very helpful....that's one of my next stops, actually!

Glad to be here with you all
Old 07-12-2018, 07:16 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all
Old 07-13-2018, 09:16 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! So nice to see your post Vman. Thanks for the well wishes. Things are good with the man. He's pretty moody though. I would chalk it up to the ups and downs of early recovery but he says he's always been that way. The codependent in me has a hard time not letting myself get wrapped up in trying to fix things when he gets like that. It's a work in progress.

I'm doing good recovery-wise. Going to meetings nearly every day and trying to take good care of myself by eating well and exercising. I go back to work on Wednesday and I'm pretty nervous about being triggered to drink. Work stress has always been a trigger for drinking. I'm also worried that things will change with Phil because I get cranky after a long day at work. I have to make a conscious effort to not take it out on him.

Snuf - are you all settled in your new digs?
Old 07-14-2018, 11:59 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Good going Purps!

Leana, all the best on your return to work on Wednesday. Don't let triggers undo the work that you put in over the past couple of weeks.

Vinny and Purps, I agree the weekend thread is a really enjoyable resource and echo your comments for others to explore it as well.

Originally Posted by decchemist View Post
Lily - I go to SMART every Monday. I have been going since sat August. I have learned a lot there and met some really nice people. Their stories of wild drug as well as alcohol abuse and the things they had done to fuel their addictions, several ending in lengthy prison time are sobering in themselves. Yet all of the people are really genuinely nice.
Dee will have to say whether I can mention its name, but a while back I came across a website that details people's experiences (including long-term retrospective accounts) with almost every drug imaginable including alcohol, and the effect that it had/has on their lives. The site states that it exists for information purposes and seems to remain neutral on the topic of drug use. It basically consists of submissions by people from all walks of life, and many of those are very detailed and extremely well written. Even though I have never consumed any drugs other than alcohol (and very occasionally cannabis) I have found the stories extremely fascinating and encouraging in my journey towards sobriety.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:14 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

I hope the 8 days is now 12 Purps.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:32 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Thanks Captain! I have an incredibly supportive boss so that really helps. He just texted and asked if I need any accommodations for my return. I just told him I need time to go to AA meetings. I'm nervous but eager to feel useful again. The past two weeks have consisted of lounging around with my boyfriend and doing whatever I want when I want so it will be a tough transition, but the party has to end sometime.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by decchemist View Post
I hope the 8 days is now 12 Purps.
Thanks Dec....unfortunately no, but I'm still not giving up!
Old 07-19-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. My first day back at work was challenging. My brain feels like mush after six weeks away. I hope when I get into the swing of things I will feel more comfortable. Also, everyone is looking at me like I have cancer and it's annoying. My boyfriend swooped me up at the end of the day and took me to a meeting and dinner so that was good.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:02 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Hi folks! Leana it’s always hard going back to work after a long absence, just take your time and don’t try to do everything at once! You are doing great and I’m glad your boyfriend is being so supportive. I haven’t been online very much at all, busy at work and home. I’ve also joined weight watchers online and I’ve lost 4 pounds in two weeks 👍
Hope everyone is doing okay and all buckled up for the weekend xx
Old 07-20-2018, 01:29 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll settle back into a normal-ish routine next week Leana

Have a good weekend guys

D
Old 07-20-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Thanks lilly and Dee. I've been slowly deciding who to tell about rehab. Part of me feels like if I tell people it brings me accountability. I'll be less likely to relapse if people know I have a problem. Not sure if that makes any sense.

My coworkers are sparing me stress as much as possible, but I have a feeling next week will be back to normal, which is fine. Gotta be a functioning part of the team again sometime.

It's so nice to have a source of support from my boyfriend and friends, new and old. I feel very lucky.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:56 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hi class mates. Just hope everyone is sober and peaceful and happy this Sunday morning.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:35 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Second week of my hols in North Devon.

There was a cold bottle of white wine in the welcome pack at the place we are staying but Mrs.Decchemist drank that (over 4 nights). It used to do that in 20 mins.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

I’ll see your 20 mins Dec and raise it to fifteen lol. Hope all the August class is doing well, it would be nice to see it through to our anniversary
Old 07-28-2018, 01:31 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

15 mins, lil? You must be an alkie or summat. Lol
Old 07-30-2018, 12:34 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

One year sober today for me.