Notices

Class Of March 2018 Support Thread - Part Two

Old 03-29-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

For those who are interested, the water heater wand thing works quite well! You can't use more than 8 oz of water, which should be fine in most cases. My coffee mugs here at home are 16 oz, but since this will just be used when traveling, the 8 oz should do just fine. Most hotel rooms have small paper cups anyway.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Plenny I burst out laughing when you said that big about ‘saying something awkward or a bit off, and then having to live with it all day sober.’ L o l. Trust me, it’s way bigger in your head than it is in anyone else’s. I love to think that people think about the stupid crap I say or do, when the reality is, they have better things to do.

The Terror: It was good. Definately John Carpenter. Grim. My nephew and I live texted throughout the 2 hours. He’s wants to be a filmmaker and he was impressed. The ads for it make it clear the ship gets stuck in the ice, so that’s not a spoiler. The empty miles of ice wasteland, and grey gravel earth are pretty cool. Oh AMC. Can’t remember the if I said Netflix but it’s AMC. If you can login into anyone’s cable tv account AMC puts everything there for a month or so when each episode airs.

Take your mind off the booze and your problems and sink into it.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Month 2.My 2 cents....Whatever works and whatever it takes!!!!A trigger for me is thinking about triggers!lol..Cheers to all!!!
Old 03-29-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I’m energized to get well. New tactics. Organization. My family. Etc.

I still need to bring everything to the laundromat because I have about 7 loads of clothes and bedding, and cleanup my room which is a disaster. I so resistant to starting that. If I did an hour a day at home it would be over in under a week. It’s all or nothing!!!

It’s so easy to blame the slight mustiness in the room for my runny nose, sore throat and cough, when it’s damn well my allergic response to alcohol. Oh yeah, it’s anything but booze causing this.

Talk later.

Viper
Old 03-29-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hello, All! I’m here too. Would love to acknowledge each post, but it’s too hard to do on my cell phone! I am reading all of them though, so thank you for posting. Even if you don’t have much to say, check in with us and let us know how you’re doing.

Welcome, Bumblebee! Glad you’re here with us.

ProfD, I’m really glad to see you back at this. We started this SR process around the same time and I’m really hoping we both make it stick for good this time.

Regarding AV: I also understand to be part of us, but the addicted part which doesn’t think rationally or want good for our souls. I like to think of it as a beast which I have to put to death. Yes, that beast is part of me, but if I stop feeding it, I break the addiction and it no longer has a stronghold on me.

Not sure of my day here...maybe a week. But I am feeling good and healthy again.

Have a great day, friends!
Old 03-29-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Viper I'm doing the same thing - a good clean-out and laundry. It took me awhile to get up the will power to do it but I'm sure it will feel good when it's done!
Old 03-29-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Afternoon all x loving all the posts that i am reading.

I am on day 4 of my detox and i haven't for a change had withdrawals which is very surprising and welcome lol Past week i have been in bed by 8 and then also have a sleep when i come back from the alcohol clinic. So i will try harder tomo with husbands help is to stay awake more through the day as he has a day off. My dog doodle has been sulking with me all week as i have neglected to take him out for a long walk, he will however get longer walks soon when i am out of this foggy and tired restless state.

Hope u all have a good day and keep up your good work x
Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I have always experienced my AV as a slight manic and vicious chipmunk who chatters away incessantly at the back of my brain. Do you think it might help to visualize my AV as something else? Any suggestions? I hate this little nasty nattering creature.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm new here and new to sobriety... Again. I've been trying since January. I'm at 50 hours and feel great! I'm going to stick with it this time! This group has really helped in the past couple of days. I'm so glad I found you all! No alcohol in my house and I'm about an hour drive to the closest place to buy alcohol, so that helps! I just can't live with that foggy head , shaky feeling anymore!
Old 03-29-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Mine is this guy:

A whirling dervish of destruction, sucking the life out of everything in it's wake. Somehow those sounds stay in my head.....if my AV ever pipes up, I can hear that snivelling snarling cartoon tasmanian devil....and I can tell it to SHUT UP.

No idea if that is helpful for anyone else.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

What is AV??
Old 03-29-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hello dear Woogie....you have joined an awesome class
Welcome.

I'm just popping by and butting in.

But oh yes, no foggy head is still just so so good. That never gets old.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Woogie View Post
What is AV??
Addictive Voice....

You know, that part of you that insists that you go and buy whatever poison you actually don't want. Somehow naming it helps to call it out, identify those thoughts when they pop up.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thanks!! Yes, that voice is bugging, but I'm going strong in ignoring it!!
Old 03-29-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lastchance77 View Post
Good on you Zombie. Breaking those habits and programmed routines is incredibly tough, I know. Stay strong
I feel the same way after work. I'm on day 2 with no alcohol. I go back to work tonight and really nervous about cravings after! We can do this!!!!
Old 03-29-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Maybe you can do something a little bit different with your after-work routine Woogie....I know I needed to change it up, especially in early sober days.

It was daytime in Australia, so I had this option.... I would stop at the park near my apartment and go for a walk or just sit and look at the ducks after work for maybe half an hour. It helped me with my cravings....and it was amazing to do something so simple and peaceful that I had been missing because I was so desperate to get home and open a bottle.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Mine is this guy:

A whirling dervish of destruction, sucking the life out of everything in it's wake. Somehow those sounds stay in my head.....if my AV ever pipes up, I can hear that snivelling snarling cartoon tasmanian devil....and I can tell it to SHUT UP.

No idea if that is helpful for anyone else.

lol! Your tasmanian devil sounds way more interesting than my plan old US chipmunk
Old 03-29-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Maybe you can do something a little bit different with your after-work routine Woogie....I know I needed to change it up, especially in early sober days.

It was daytime in Australia, so I had this option.... I would stop at the park near my apartment and go for a walk or just sit and look at the ducks after work for maybe half an hour. It helped me with my cravings....and it was amazing to do something so simple and peaceful that I had been missing because I was so desperate to get home and open a bottle.
I think you're right! I think I need to find a new routine entirely. I work nights, so when I get home, I'm usually exhausted... But not too exhausted to open a bottle I'm going to try a meditation app
Old 03-29-2018, 10:33 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Evening All,
Just checking in at the end of of cold wet hectic week ..
So lovely to see so many new peeps on Manic Marchers group...
Day 34 & although feeling ok ...the cursed cravings have reared there ugly head this evening...so will keep reading everyone's news & crack open the soda & lime !
So rock n Roll x
Old 03-29-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

So again, as I was leaving work, I was thinking of booze.
I dismissed it and got home,walked the dog then made a dinner that totally stuffed me- talking mega stuffed!!! It was so nice and as I cleaned dishes after I just realised how much better I felt. Plus I hardly ever do dishes just after dinner, hate doing dishes but I just thought- what if I'd gone and drank??- I'd have easily been a bottle down, had no food, I'd be considering going out to get another two bottles of whatever is on offer. Then I'd probably eat crisps- not really what you'd call dinner, later I might order a pizza and scoff it. Dishes wouldn't get done, nothing would get done. I'd blackout and wake up feeling crap and not able to do much bar get myself into work, with headaches and the sweats.
Instead, I've the dishes nearly done, I've chicken ready to go into the oven because I'm roasting it to go into vegetable soup to take in for my lunch tomorrow.
Plus, I've dessert planned for later- bananas,ice cream and chocolate sauce (not adventurous but it's comfort food.
Plus I seem to be getting bombarded on social media with loads of friends all posting pictures of their beers, their g+t's....I'm posting back an ice cold can of diet coke:-)