# 461 (permalink)  

Finally...here ya go V. Had to save it of course

Old 09-18-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 09-18-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Thanks, Dee. You rock. I hope you have been well!

Thank you, V. I miss ya. My sister and her children left the country a little over a week ago. At least they are all together again as a family. That’s the important thing.
Oh thank God.....it must have been amazing for them to reunite....
Old 09-24-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Thinking of our team tonight.

Much love to everyone.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:59 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

s

Briar is knitting again.....gorgeous cardigans....I bet your wife would love what she is doing Arbor....did you see?

I just went nuts buying hand-made cotton knit sweaters that are so gorgeous....allergic to wool.

Anyway....love to all.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

I saw that Suze on FB. She’s very talented. I reached out to her yesterday to check in. Hoping she and the family are well.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi fellow Octsobers!

My favorite month is just around the corner. The hi temps have dropped out of the 90s and the weatherman says a (slight) drop in humidity is on the way. Not exactly crisp yet but it’s an improvement!

Boy oh boy I bet it’s feeling mighty fine up Arbor way. Foliage turning a little too maybe. Fun times for those boys to run about on that big lawn. Good stuff that is.

Well my erratic schedule this last 2-3 months was accompanied by an erratic diet. I noticed that my pants been feeling a little snug. So come October 1 it’s all about discipline! I got my online trainer involved and he sent over my meal/exercise plan for 12 weeks. I gotta submit weekly updates/pics But I’m actually getting fired up about all that stuff again and I know that it’ll be good for my attitude.

Most of my work team is in Las Vegas for the next few days so I’m forced to have a long weekend. Small road trip maybe? We shall see.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the season. Thinking especially of Leigh and hope all is well.

On a side note I got a message from one of my daughters today and she didn’t want a thing other than to let me know she was thinking about her dad and wishing me a good day. Wow that brought a smile for sure.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

I keep trying to catch up Mark.....are you still travelling? And your family is at home?
Old 09-27-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Good morning Suze,

I’m home. The travels wrapped up about three weeks ago. With the school year in session the girls are home too. The next scheduled getaway will be June 18. I really enjoyed Great Britain and am taking the girls this next time. I learned a lot over there concerning logistics etc. and am designing an itinerary that I hope they’ll love with more time scheduled in London/Edinburgh and less in the Highlands. Am going to surprise little one with a day trip from London to Paris. She’ll be elated. Anyway, I have to plan waaaay ahead to accommodate everyone’s schedules and also it really helps with budgeting. I’ve bought the airline tickets, next I’ll book segments of the lodging over the course of a few months. Then any planned excursions, then the car service (Blacklane is my favorite) etc.. By the time one holiday arrives it’s generally paid and I’ve started on the next.

I recall that part of your family is of Scottish origin. Do you know where?
Old 09-27-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Of course I do.
My mum is from Glasgow.
Spent her whole life on Allison Street.

So your girl's message confused me....I didn't realise you meant a text

Gosh your life is lovely Mark....

Actually....Nick has a much more interesting Scottish heritage.....a whole town of people named for them....and then again in the US when they emigrated. One of his greats has a day named after him.....really.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Wow that’s something re Nick’s family! My family was most likely simple farmers.

I didn’t realize how recently your family had been in Scotland, it’s nice that you have that connection.

Sorry about my confusing post. Sometimes I read back and realize I didn’t convey my thoughts very well. Specifically, I was pleased that I received a text from one of my girls just because they had thought of me.....not because there was a request.

I do get to do some lovely things Suze, and I am grateful for it. That’s mostly the parts I post because it brings me joy to think about it, but mostly I have a very routine suburban life. The house is generally quiet and empty when I get home from work because of the others schedules. I’m a homebody unless away on travels. Perhaps a bit isolated even, but that’s ok with me.

Gym time and then to see a performance of my daughter’s dance team. I may figure out how to post a vid because they are good and I’m so proud she’s involved with something positive. It’s when my son was her age that I started losing him a bit.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Oh Mark.....so much love.....and I hope you have a wonderful time at the dance recital.

I have a Youtube channel and upload to there.....you can make one that hides your personal details.....or upload to Vimeo maybe.....

So good that you are around more.....missed you a great deal.
Now we shall get Briar and phoebes posting again....that will be good.
And of course Leigh will post more when she is well enough....poor love....she is being very brave.

Okey dokey.....school work (x 2months) awaits....
Old 09-27-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

That’s a lot of school work Suze. I expect that you’ve made good progress though.

Dance was good. It was part of the junior varsity pep rally. When she saw me watching from the upper walkway I got quite a smile.

Looks as though the downpours are done for now. There was a good bit of tidying to do out back. That’s all sorted and now I’m waiting on a guy to come replace the seal on the bottom of the garage door. This one has developed a gap on one end, so guess what was in the garage a few days ago....

Then haircut at 4. I prefer the scruffy mountain man approach but professionalism dictates otherwise.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Hey, guys. Hope all is well.

Mark, hear a hurricane is headed for Florida. Not sure your in that area of evacuation, but please be safe!

Not much else to report. Have a good day and I hope Leigh is alright.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

hi love.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Thanks for thinking of us Arbor. I’m in Mississippi so not in direct path. Blustery winds dripping with humidity is what we’re getting today and that should be it. A highly anticipated cool front should wipe it away by later Thursday I think.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Ah, that is good. For some reason I thought you were in the pan handle of Florida. Sounds like it could be real bad for those folks. Hope they heed the warnings!

What’s up Suze? How have you been ?
Old 10-10-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

So it has been two months since Nick and I embarked on what is now our new life....the one where everything is on the table.....nothing hidden. And health comes first.....both of ours.....he is doing rehab and living in accomodation and wow, I miss him like crazy now.....it is a long time.

And I was so sick, the sickest I have ever been, and am now beginning to really heal....so.....................housework, gardening. paying bills, catching up with people, starting to exercise again, looking at the 10 odd weeks of school work I need to do .....ha ha.....it will be fine.....I will just not be up to where I want to be for a month or so.

I am hopeful and positive and excited about the future again.
And falling in love with this country a bit more every day.
Very very happy to be here.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

That is so good to hear, Suze. You have a great attitude!

I just got to work, so I need to run! Have a great day guys.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hey all !! Been a long time.

Firstly, I’m still very much sober and well. Hope you all are too.

Secondly, I finally figured out (or at least SR allowed it) how to reset my password. For the longest time I couldn’t get in!

I really hope you all are very much well and happy. Think of everyone often.