Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 45

Old 07-15-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Good to see ya, Mark if that is really you!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:28 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Yep it's me.....I put my profile pic in for those of you that know me.

Great to see you around too! I am borrowing a bit of wifi but have to scoot along. Not sure if I I'm in pacific or mountain tine but daylight stays much longer than at home. But almost to Canada so I guess it's being so north. To check back in couple days . Take care and much support to you and your family for sure.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can always contact Anna on the contact us link Mark to get your old account back

https://www.soberrecovery.com/addlink.htm
Old 07-17-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, looks like I'm getting it sorted.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Ha ha.... I want to see the big scraggly beard now.

Love you guys so much. ♥♥
Old 07-19-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Well, fearing I would frighten children I have taken a trimmer to the beard and have rejoined the well groomed. So now back to same appearance as in my profile.

I understand you've been quite busy Suze. What's the latest that you care to share about your adventures here in the northern hemi? I've wondered at times if you've been a bit home sick. I can imagine you'd enjoy hearing a bit of Aussie style speaking every now and then.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I do....I speak to PJ and Wendy sometimes....and I watch the footy every week and I also have Aussie radio for when I want.....you know me....I want for nothing.

Really. Zero complaints.

PS re adventures....too tired to fill you in right now....studying and happy mostly....adjusting and finding my feet. ♥
Old 07-20-2018, 06:44 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

I wanted to see the beard too!!! Ah!!

Busy is the name of the game folks! Neighborhood pool party tomorrow afternoon. It will be good to hang with some of our closest neighbors and their kids. Not sure what kind drinking will be going on, but we will see. It’s a bit out of my element these things, but I must look to the bright side. It’s important. We practically live with these people. Gotta stay close.

Have a great weekend.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Ha yes, I really enjoy the mountain man role.....a side of my persona that is mostly tucked away in my 'real world'.

I hope the Arbor clan has a blast today poolside in the beautiful New England summer, I imagine the two little fellas will for sure! And then maybe sleep like babies this evening and give big Arbor some quiet time.

Speaking of my real world, I've got to rejoin it. It's terrible to say that I don't want to go home. True is the old saying about travel 'no matter where you go, there you are'. Sobriety didn't provide the auto correct I'd hoped for on some major personal obstacles I face. Rather now a light shines harshly.......and almost four more years have passed. Gotta start thinking of a more solidly proactive approach and then decide if I've got it in me to follow through. Or if I even want to.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.

Ps, Miss seeing you around Leigh and hope all is well. Hugs to you.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I’m not sure what that means, Mark. It’s been almost three years for me and although it seems I’m happy most days about it there are harsh realities here too. The kids are so young and I spend the majority of free time tending to every need. It’s a good distraction from the real world adult social scene. It’s helped keep me sober.

Brings me to complacency. Briar and I spoke briefly about this. I haven’t put much time into my sobriety as of late. That will need to be adjusted.

My best to Leigh and the rest of the clan. Enjoy the weekend.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:39 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Well being more specific it is a marriage on very thin ice.

Distraction is a big coping tool for me as well. Primarily physical activity/exercise and travel when I can. Worked great for sobriety but I'm realizing that it has had me treading water on other issues. Couple that with a spouse that copes by sticking her head in the sand (a skill likely honed to cope with my drinking) and there's a whole lot of empty. I see the void with vivid clarity now. Anyway, I know about counseling and other tools, it's just that I am 95% apathetic and not sure I'm capable of a genuine effort anymore. Sorry for the ramble. I know that this isn't the place. It's just rattled my cage how much I have dreaded the return home.

Enough of that. Lots of outside chores calling my name. Where did all these weeds come from in my absence?! Gotta get at them and out of my mindset! I am a sucker for happy endings after all.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement, sweet friends! I'm working away at a new plan and feeling more like myself. Our sweet pup is much better, although still not her spunky self...a feeling I can relate to very well lol

Briar, I'm so glad your procedure went ok. I hope you are 100% now!

Arbor, Your family will be in my prayers as they continue through this transition.

Suze, Are your classes going well? How exciting!

Mark, Happy to hear you made it home safely. And this is always an ok place to share.

(((Leigh)))

And big hugs all around!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Love you guys.....so much love..... but I am in all sorts of strife time-wise today.....big panic, so I will be back later to talk.

xxxxxxxxxx
Old 07-23-2018, 08:53 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Oh my heavens, I just lost such a long post.

So, to recap:

Greetings, all.

Thank you for the hugs and concern. I love all of you dearly.

I haven’t been all that well lately and my SR Time has been very limited. I learned about two months ago that I had further a diminishment of 9% in lung capacity (diminishment of capacity at diagnosis was 31%) and progression of lung disease. About two or three weeks later, I had an asthmatic episode and began a round os prednisone.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Oh my, just lost the second half of the above message.

To continue:

The prednisone worked well but ensuing exhaustion was almost unmanageable. Simultaneous with this episode was a slightly over a month long visit from the grands -heavenly and wonderful but added to the exhaustion.

Briar, I am glad that your surgery went well. I hope you find a way to stand at the stove to cook the plums; maybe you use a footstool of some kind upon which to rest your lower leg.

Mark, your adventures sounded wonderful. Gladly that you are safely home. Prayers that you can find good resolution to your marital issues. My heart goes out to you.

Arbor, enjoy those busy with the kids days. Those times comprise some of my fondest memories.

Conquest, so great to hear from you. I am glad that your pup is doing better. Stay close; you can make sweet sobriety a sweet forever thing.

Suze :wavey!

Dee

You are all so very dear to me.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Gosh Leigh, I hadn't realized the extent of the respiratory issue you deal with. I imagine you pushed yourself a bit when the grands were around, but I'm sure the time spent and memories made with them were a worthy effort. I hope things have eased a bit.

And great to see you Conquest! Glad the pup has rebounded.

A big ol' Monday hello to the rest of the busy gang as well!
Old 07-23-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Mark.....love....why do you have to suffer.....gosh....your kids are growing up.
Why do you have to be so unhappy? You are such a beautiful guy....and please, you cannot blame anyone else's choices on your actions....people do what they do....time to think about you perhaps....you deserve all of the good stuff. ALL of it.

Leigh honey, I do not understand...I just love you and hope you get better.

Conquest ~ so very glad the dog is a bit better....big time.
And my classes are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Arbor ~ I am proud of you every single day and you always encourage me to keep being, well, as awesome as I can. As does your sister....that is courage. I adore her.

♥♥♥♥
Old 07-23-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Love to all you guys, tonight. So much said.

Mark, I had thought maybe you were referring to sobriety initially, so I was a bit confused. Bit worried. I’m sorry your marriage has come to this. You deserve to be happy no doubt.

Leigh, it’s so good to see you. I hope things get better soon friend.

Thanks for the kind words, Suze. Your the best.

Hi’ya, Conquest! Good to see you lady.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

“Demi began to feel that the belief that total abstinence is the only way to deal with addiction is false,” a source with insider knowledge of the situation told PEOPLE.
“She essentially said that she felt it wasn’t the only way and that she can handle her addictions, and she would rather attempt controlled consumption,” added the insider. “She felt that she could drink in moderation and she believed she wouldn’t return to harder drug use, and that alcohol was never really a problem as much as other things.”

Terrible to hear about Demi Lovato’s recent relapse. As much pain as she’s probably going through right now it helps people like me to read about it. Reaffirms it all and puts things right back into perspective.

Stay safe, friends.