Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 359

Old 03-11-2018, 05:03 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.. I think I probably needed to vent too as I haven’t told anyone in my life what’s happening. I can’t tell my mum as she just wouldn’t cope!! It would be a role reversal of me having to support her and I haven’t got that in me just now - That sounds incredibly selfish, I guess it is selfish. Another reason is that I’m afraid if I tell people then it will make it real ..
Sorry for moaning on here.
It's not moaning love, it's sharing.....and tell us everything you want to. You will ONLY get support and love ♥♥
Old 03-11-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Hello, and 24 please! Having a few odd thoughts of beer this morning. I am just a bit tired and lonely. I will get busy cooking and watch a show.

Thinking about adopting a dog. I have the space and the means. . I sure miss having a dog. Now the Cat is going to fuss but she’ll be ok in time.

Love

Red
Maybe a red dog???

Old 03-11-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Hi all. I went to church this morning with two women I met at AA on Friday. Its a new church called The Influence Church, I have been curious about it but never went. It was good, very very modern, very happy clappy with band and loud music. I loved it and will go every week. I was too self conscious to join in too much but I will in time. And it was nice to be with the two women as well, especially after yesterdays lonely feelings.

I want to let go let God but I don't know how. I have made such a mess of things these past few years and I know my situation is all my fault. My ex is still playing mind games and trying to manipulate things but I don't have the strength yet to get rid of him totally - if you know what I mean.

Things are going well, I am into my tenth week sober and making plans all the time, things are happening, slowly but surely. I just wish I was free of him. To be honest in the past my only problem was addiction and once I stopped drinking everything was great but this time I have so much mess to sort out it feels overwhelming. But having said that this is why I am determined never to go back to it this time. The mess I have made was made drunk. As we all know.

Sorry to ramble on, just wanted to say I went to church and enjoyed it. Unfortunately I didn't keep it that short and sweet

Thanks for all the posts today from you lovely people. My thoughts go out to those who are troubled or struggling. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone.

I love to see how the tone of people's post change as the sober days add up. Its wonderful and uplifting.

Thanks everyone. Don't know where I would be without you all.
May I tell you how I did the let go let God part?
Because I had no idea at all....

I would start worrying about something....and say to myself....OK Suze, let it go....and then I would breathe out. (Still do this).

Errrr.....that is it. Really.

Handing it over just means realising that I alone cannot....let it go into the air....and watch what happens.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

And that is what I did today...handed it over.

I can do a lot....but there is way too much I cannot, no one can....I do not have all of the answers.....I feel that the universe does though....there is so much collective wisdom and experience there for all of us to tap into....OK, I will stop now.

I just did the do things I wanted and needed to do for myself today and took it easy. No electronics. I do feel better.

My doctor told me all of the things to eliminate PJ love....and yes, I should know better. Being a migraine sufferer for years and then forgetting to take proper care....

I will do as I have been told and see my doctor here if I get more of these awful things.... ♥♥♥
Old 03-11-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

just had a nice Sunday dinner, hope everyone had a great day.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zeppodog View Post
just had a nice Sunday dinner, hope everyone had a great day.
Yay, Zepp. I was thinking about you.

Glad that you had a nice dinner.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

^^^ Ditto. More hugs dear zepp.....and look at you by the way.....kind of awesome. ♥♥
Old 03-11-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by madtown42 View Post
24 more please
, madtown
Old 03-11-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Maybe a red dog???

Yes, adorable!!!!!
Old 03-11-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Goodnight sober friends...
Old 03-11-2018, 05:48 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Nite love. ♥♥
Old 03-11-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Juliet,

I know and understand that everyone has different views about their HP. I respect that. The God of my understanding loves me. I also know the "self" gets me into trouble nine times out of ten. I get up every morning and pray this:

God empty me of me so i may be filled with Thee. I ask him where He wants me to be. If you listen, really listen the answers will come. Maybe not right away but they will come. When you give in to Him and really get to know Him, you gain that trust and faith. Your gut instinct I liken to what i call the Holy Spirit. You can call it what you like. I also call it the Sunlight of the Spirit. Whatever you choose to call GOD we can most likely all agree that it is our Self that gets us into trouble. When we can LGLG we have a sense of real peace and serenity. That is how i am able to find what helps me and i am able to get through some of my darkest hours spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. To me God is Love.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
When my sister died two years ago (a horrible alcoholic death alone) I thanked God every day for over a year. She was so unhappy and her life had shrunk to only booze. I believe he showed mercy and took her. For that I will be forever grateful. I just struggle with what I am supposed to be doing.
Although I do not know you well, I believe you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. You are trying to live a sober life. God smiles at that. I know you must miss your sister but I do believe it was a kinder way than living like that. I loss my son in much the same way 13 years ago. I am just content knowing that he is no longer struggling with demons.
All we can do any of us is try and lead a good life, be kind, be honest, be patient, be tolerant and be giving.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Although I do not know you well, I believe you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. You are trying to live a sober life. God smiles at that. I know you must miss your sister but I do believe it was a kinder way than living like that. I loss my son in much the same way 13 years ago. I am just content knowing that he is no longer struggling with demons.
All we can do any of us is try and lead a good life, be kind, be honest, be patient, be tolerant and be giving.
((((((Kris)))). Love you so! ❤️
Old 03-11-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Juliet,

I know and understand that everyone has different views about their HP. I respect that. The God of my understanding loves me. I also know the "self" gets me into trouble nine times out of ten. I get up every morning and pray this:

God empty me of me so i may be filled with Thee. I ask him where He wants me to be. If you listen, really listen the answers will come. Maybe not right away but they will come. When you give in to Him and really get to know Him, you gain that trust and faith. Your gut instinct I liken to what i call the Holy Spirit. You can call it what you like. I also call it the Sunlight of the Spirit. Whatever you choose to call GOD we can most likely all agree that it is our Self that gets us into trouble. When we can LGLG we have a sense of real peace and serenity. That is how i am able to find what helps me and i am able to get through some of my darkest hours spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. To me God is Love.
Amen!
Old 03-11-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Goodnight sober friends...
Goodnight, Sunflowerlife.

Sweet dreams.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:19 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 10 pm EST ~ 9.59 pm EST...( a little bit earl tonight).

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BringingBackB
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
ChloeRose63