Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 359

Old 03-11-2018, 03:05 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Mothers Day to all who celebrate it today and congrats to the SR mothers all over the world

Congrats also to everyone recommitting to recovery, getting through tough times, or being grateful for new lives

Congratulations to our milestones:
Gabe1980 ~ 2 weeks! ♥
NewFighter ~ 3 weeks! ♥

D
Old 03-11-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Ps thanks Dee! I can't believe how quickly this thread moves. I always surprised that anyone can keep up 😊
Old 03-11-2018, 03:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
7:13 pm in rainy California and checking in for another 24. I spent most of the day at the track in the rain. My daughter only ran in the 1600 today, but wanted to watch her teammates who also were selected for the invitational. I am going to be a braggin mom again, she is currently ranked in the top ten for both the 1600 (7th) and the 3200 (8th) for her conference. She is one of two Freshman in both. It's so much fun watching her out there, and I am envious of how fast she is!

My son is finally back to himself, his fever was exactly 100 this morning, but back to normal tonight. I know he's feeling better because he is playing video games and talking to his friend on there.

My middle kiddo is babysitting tonight, she is excited to make some money.

I am snuggled under my blankets and listening to the rain, it is a nice way to spend the evening.❤️

Congrats to all of our Milestoners, hope everyone is having s great day.

❤️Delilah
Sounds like a fantastic weekend Delilah! Glad your son is feeling better
Old 03-11-2018, 03:19 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning everyone.
I'm lying in a hotel bed at 7.30 am with a few silent tears of utter gratitude rolling down my cheeks. I still have to pinch myself often that a real authentic life has emerged from the chaotic tatters of addiction.
The party was a resounding success and much fun was had by all. Oh and my goodness the alcohol was flowing. It's so odd I just don't connect to it. It's like a strange substance that other people drink but no thank you I'll pass.
Yes of course there were conversations with drunk people, things were said which grated on me, I was disconnected to the overall vibe of the night. But that's okay. I feel genuinely proud of myself right now. More than that I'm grateful to all of you for your never ending support and love.
24 more please ❤❤❤
You should be proud my sweet friend! And that disconnection from alcohol, isn't it just amazing? Sometimes I think- man I could have done this years ago if I had just believed that I would finally get to this point where I can be around it and not care! I know timing is everything though and that we are on the path the exact time we should be.
Glad you enjoyed your night- you have emerged a beautiful butterfly, from the "chaotic tatters of addiction." You have really done this...
Old 03-11-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
It's Mother's day in the UK and I'm having a fantastic day so far. My 9 year old daughter made me a cup of tea in bed, my 10 year old son has made a Mothers day treasure hunt and my 6 year old son has drawn me loads of pictures of tigers and giraffes. My 12 year old daughter has just declared that Mothers Day is a load of commercial nonsense but she will make me breakfast anyway..... not because it's Mother's Day but because she feels like making pancakes. She's an awesome cook so I'm happy about her decision, regardless of the sentiment. As for the dog? He thinks every day should be Dog Day and gets mightily peeved whenever the attention seems to be focused elsewhere. So far, he's almost knocked over my cup of tea, trampled on a couple of pictures of giraffes and right now is trying to get involved with the pancakes. This is definitely one of my favourite Sunday mornings ever. Congratulations to your daughter Delilah and so pleased to hear your son is feeling better. Congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone today ... 24 more for me please xxxx

Aw...Happy Mother's Day Kenton! You describe the scene so well, jealous dog and all haha! Hope those pancakes were scrumptious!
  # 66 (permalink)  

10:23am...24 more please...Love to All
  # 67 (permalink)  

That is the most beautiful avatar I have ever seen Sunflowerlife. ♥

Hi Gabe and Neoo and Dee and everyone. s
Old 03-11-2018, 03:29 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all, I’m sorry I haven’t been checking in. I’m still sober, I’ve just been going through a tough time with my health.
I’ve been undergoing a lot of different tests, biopsies and scans with more to
come next Monday.. I’m really scared and worried especially as I’m a single Mum. Hopefully everything will turn out ok but preliminary tests arent looking too good. If you’ve got a spare prayer, I would appreciate it.. sending love to all xx
Old 03-11-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

And Thankyou beautiful Suze for keeping me on the list xx
Old 03-11-2018, 03:36 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Lots of prayers and positive vibes headed your way Nic. Wish I could do or say more.... just know I'm thinking of you and sending you all the love in the world xxxxx
Old 03-11-2018, 03:37 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Oh sweetheart.....I am so sorry.....of course you are scared....and of course you have all of our prayers....here for you sweet girl. ♥♥

EDIT: And all the love from the other side of the world.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

6:23 am

Good morning sober friends. I had a little time confusion this morning but am happy that I got out of bed at 5:30 as usual.

What a week this has been- I knew Reiki would change my life but I didn't realize the ways. Here are the changes I have made so far, since my attunement/first class on Tuesday- changes that have come about naturally without my effort.

1) I deleted FB from my phone.

2) I stopped watching my trashy reality BRAVO TV.

3) I am coming to terms with the possibility that my marriage is over and for the first time this feels "okay" and not devastating. Like it's just a fact of life, and that there is nothing wrong with it. I'm not ready to talk to him about it as I wonder if these feelings are valid or not. I will give it 6 more months of spiritual development to see where this takes me. For now my focus is to be kind and respectful of him, despite my lack of romantic feelings.

4) I took a bite of a piece of pizza, intending to start a carb binge and said out loud, "I don't want to do this anymore." I then put it back in the fridge. I have stopped a binge maybe 1 time in my last 14 years of this addiction. It felt good, I felt strong and capable and I can only pray that this repeats itself. I don't want to be that person anymore.

I want to start journaling my changes as they occur, so one day I can remember where I started from. I know this is not going to be an easy road ahead but I do believe it's my path and that I am about to truly discover who it is that I really am.

Love to all, Happy Sunday...
Old 03-11-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU GIRLS OVER THERE! 24 more clean and sober hours please. Have a great sober Sunday beautiful people! Congratulations to anyone hitting a milestone today! Thank you all for being here today!
Old 03-11-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That is the most beautiful avatar I have ever seen Sunflowerlife. ♥

Hi Gabe and Neoo and Dee and everyone. s
Thanks sweety! You know me, I like to change things up a lot haha! I just joined a new Reiki group on FB and they have some amazing images. If I can figure out how to share them (without spending too much time resizing) I will
Old 03-11-2018, 03:46 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Hi all, I’m sorry I haven’t been checking in. I’m still sober, I’ve just been going through a tough time with my health.
I’ve been undergoing a lot of different tests, biopsies and scans with more to
come next Monday.. I’m really scared and worried especially as I’m a single Mum. Hopefully everything will turn out ok but preliminary tests arent looking too good. If you’ve got a spare prayer, I would appreciate it.. sending love to all xx
I wish I was further along in my Reiki class, I would send you distance Reiki. Just know that we are all thinking of you, praying for you and sending you our love. There is not much you can do other than to hold faith in your heart that everything is happening at the right time, for the right reasons. If your body needs healing, you will find a way to provide it. Just trust in yourself. Of course, I hope that your tests show nothing wrong at all...
Old 03-11-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Old 03-11-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I love your changes.....love the deleting FB (from your fone) and reality TV, and love love love putting that pizza back in the fridge. I'm actually surprised you didn't throw it out.... That was nice of you.

I think you are making every right decision....it feels that way to me anyway.
Every one....and I can see your shining light so brightly.....I do believe this is a magic new beginning for you.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning everyone.
I'm lying in a hotel bed at 7.30 am with a few silent tears of utter gratitude rolling down my cheeks. I still have to pinch myself often that a real authentic life has emerged from the chaotic tatters of addiction.
The party was a resounding success and much fun was had by all. Oh and my goodness the alcohol was flowing. It's so odd I just don't connect to it. It's like a strange substance that other people drink but no thank you I'll pass.
Yes of course there were conversations with drunk people, things were said which grated on me, I was disconnected to the overall vibe of the night. But that's okay. I feel genuinely proud of myself right now. More than that I'm grateful to all of you for your never ending support and love.
24 more please ❤❤❤
Great post. Well done!

Last night I went to a birthday party with some old friends. No one was that drunk, but conversation got a bit tedious and repetitive, which was good to observe - helps me strengthen my own sober muscles.

There was a girl I'd never met and because we were both sober we had a really interesting conversation about spirituality and psychology. And then a guy who I haven't known that long asked me what I was drinking. I said it's orange juice and soda. He said, it looks really good, and then he went and ordered one. I was really pleased, it felt like it had given him permission to have a soft drink!

So, anyway, I am in for 24. Looks like a nice day, got my window open, about to head out. WHAT is better than not being hungover on a Sunday!

Have a good day all. Well done milestoners, well done Mums. And love to anyone having a tough time. It'll pass. Always does
Old 03-11-2018, 03:51 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:51 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:52 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I love your changes.....love the deleting FB (from your fone) and reality TV, and love love love putting that pizza back in the fridge. I'm actually surprised you didn't throw it out.... That was nice of you.

I think you are making every right decision....it feels that way to me anyway.
Every one....and I can see your shining light so brightly.....I do believe this is a magic new beginning for you.
Haha- I am sure my husband would want to eat it- otherwise I would have!
Thank you sweet girl for the support- it means so much!