Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 52

Old 03-01-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of July 2013 Part 52

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-51-a-20.html (Class of July 2013 Part 51)

D
Old 03-01-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yippy, I'll post first!
Hope everybody is having a nice day/night.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Yippy, I'll post first!
Hope everybody is having a nice day/night.
Happy First of March, Bob!

How are you feeling today?
Old 03-01-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Greetings, Julyers!!!!!! ❤️
Old 03-01-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If she had lived, my mother would have been 100 years old today!

I was born when she was 41.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post

God Bless your mother for brining in you into the world. We owe her a debt of gratitude.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday to your mum Gilmer

D
Old 03-01-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks, you guys. I was a rotten kid, and I couldn’t stand her growing up. I made her life a living hell.

Then when I was 22 I became a Christian and the first thing I did was apologize and make amends to her.

She was so amazed by my drastic transformation that she embraced Christianity, too!

We got along beautifully for the last eight years of her life.

I am so grateful that she didn’t go to her grave with me being a hateful ingrate!
Old 03-01-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks, you guys. I was a rotten kid, and I couldn’t stand her growing up. I made her life a living hell.

Then when I was 22 I became a Christian and the first thing I did was apologize and make amends to her.

She was so amazed by my drastic transformation that she embraced Christianity, too!

We got along beautifully for the last eight years of her life.

I am so grateful that she didn’t go to her grave with me being a hateful ingrate!
I am so glad that your story with your Mom ended so beautifully,,Gilmer! ❤️
Old 03-01-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Julyers

Happy 100th to your mum Gilmer. I’m pleased you made peace with each other.

Have a good weekend my friends
Old 03-02-2018, 12:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Bob and Mags, I hope you guys are safe and warm today (I’ve just got intense winds).
Old 03-02-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hiya guys

What a blessing you made peace with each other for those wonderful 8 years Gilmer. No guilt for you, some people never get that chance. I'm so happy for you.

Bob, sorry you've been full of flu my friend. Hopefully it's winding down now.

I'm glad you carry your epi pen now Mags. It's definitely a life saver.
A patient at work went into the courtyard for some sun and fresh air.
He came staggering back in and I had no idea what he was trying say but was pointing to his pocket saying epi epi, then went it to anyphilactic shock.

They worked on him for an hour to stabilise him to take him to emergency . Thank god for that epi pen

Croutie, I think it's a good idea that your son knows. How good is it that he has spent a month there. He will be feeling so much better mentally and physically. It would be hard for the kids not to slip something out on their visit and him feeling he was left in the dark.

He just needs to concentrate on himself at the moment, which he is doing and I'm so thrilled for all of you.
A new well deserved beginning.

You and your hubby are such lovely parents.

So supportive even after facing such adversity.

I have no doubt you will all work this out together xoxo

Suze , how goes it girlfriend , any goss?

Dee, are you feeling as thrilled as I am with the arrival of Spring? hallebloodylujah to that, I say

I've had a lovely week .

Holly turned 21 on Monday. So I took her and her best friend out for a lovely lunch. I got a surf ' n turf which was delish .

Holly and Emma had chicken shnittys they were huge !!!!
Old 03-02-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I had to post in case I lost it as I only have 3% left on my tablet

She opened her money tin that had been lovingling topping up with spare cash and coins for months.

The grand sum of $1,163 .

She was absolutely over the moon. We counted it all out before we went to lunch. She said Mum , best present EVER .
Her and Andrew went out for dinner so she had a wonderful day.
I love that girl so much. My baby is 21. WOW !!!

Then on Tuesday it was Dads 81st birthday , so I went for dinner, gave him a Bunnings voucher, which he loves and a plant.

Been a full on , very happy week .

Hope life is good for each and every one of you, my darling friends xxx

Leigh, sweetheart, thanks for always holding down the fort you awesome woman xoxo
Old 03-02-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I’m glad things are going so beautifully, Snooz.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Me too, love you Snooz.
And may your beautiful mum rest in peace dearest Gilmer....gosh she would have been thrilled to see the woman you are today.

And yes I have goss Snoozy love....lots....

Not sure if you know, but PJ has an art exhibition up (somewhere there....) for the month of March. I know a lot of SRs who would just about kill to see it....I am thinking....perhaps you might have a chance to go and video for us, if PJ allows it? Or even take pictures of the paintings.

Details to follow.....

Love you guys. ♥
Old 03-02-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Still hot and humid up here Snooz - we've had no winter for several years - hope this winter is old style

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 03-02-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Goodnight and so much love to all. ❤️
Old 03-02-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Julyers

Dee, I hope you get a good refreshing winter, it clears the air. But not extreme like parts of the U.K.

Snoozy, sounds like you had a terrific day with your family, making me hungry talking of food. It’s nearly 2am here so not really food time.
I’m on the predisolone again so sleep pattern haywire. Thanks for the info on the experience with an epi pen. I was just prescribed it, no lesson on what to do, but to be fair I’d rather go and learn the info myself. My trust in doctors is dwindling.

Suze, wouldn’t it be lovely to see some of PJ’s work from the art exhibition. He might put them on his avatar.

Gilmer , I just smiled at my misreading your post.
(Bob and Mags, I hope you guys are safe and warm today (I’ve just got intense winds).) I thought you said you had intense wind!

Been watching a lot of tv the last few months and you know, I think I’m getting it, life that is. I’m going to use that old saying that what used on me lots of times in my twenties. ‘ I wish I knew then what I know now’ . Can’t happen, I know, but I am pleased I have the wisdom now. That’s what our parents try to give us, perhaps, to try and protect us so we don’t make their mistakes maybe. , it’s a funny old life.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Magsie

Gilmer, forget to say, About your intense winds, I hope you get the other side of the winds unscathed and free of damage.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Hi Julyers

Dee, I hope you get a good refreshing winter, it clears the air. But not extreme like parts of the U.K.

Snoozy, sounds like you had a terrific day with your family, making me hungry talking of food. It’s nearly 2am here so not really food time.
I’m on the predisolone again so sleep pattern haywire. Thanks for the info on the experience with an epi pen. I was just prescribed it, no lesson on what to do, but to be fair I’d rather go and learn the info myself. My trust in doctors is dwindling.

Suze, wouldn’t it be lovely to see some of PJ’s work from the art exhibition. He might put them on his avatar.

Gilmer , I just smiled at my misreading your post.
(Bob and Mags, I hope you guys are safe and warm today (I’ve just got intense winds).) I thought you said you had intense wind!

Been watching a lot of tv the last few months and you know, I think I’m getting it, life that is. I’m going to use that old saying that what used on me lots of times in my twenties. ‘ I wish I knew then what I know now’ . Can’t happen, I know, but I am pleased I have the wisdom now. That’s what our parents try to give us, perhaps, to try and protect us so we don’t make their mistakes maybe. , it’s a funny old life.
Mags you are so right .

It’s like it takes us virtually all our life to finally get it.

I often say that to my girls. Like certain things they get upset about , I try to enforce in them that in the big scheme of things ....it really doesn’t matter.

Tomorrow is another day and don’t take things personally.
Rudeness in people says more about them than it does about you.

I wish so much that I go go back to my younger self and say “ stop stressing over stupid incidental things that really should not have kept me up worrying all night “ .

Thinking I may have inadvertently hurt someone’s feelings kept me awake at night.

I just lost soooo much sleep in my 20s and I was the biggest apologiser .
Even when it wasn’t my fault. I would say sorry which in turn gave them the power to treat me that way.

When someone is being an arse or a patient is rude to me, I just say that’s not very nice , I wouldn’t speak to you that way. People don’t expect it because I have always been so easy going. But since I’ve turned 50, I stand up for myself.

It’s funny, it’s actually quite empowering. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect.

Xx