Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 52

Old 03-03-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

LOL, Mags!

I had several roof tiles blow off, but my daughter missed having her house smashed by about six inches!

In her back yard was an enormous tree about 2 1/2 feet in diameter with two trunks.

During the night Thursday night the winds cracked the tree at the base of the trunks, and one trunk fell within 6” of the back of the house, and the other half fell within a foot of the side entrance!

There are some very dramatic pictures, but I’m not at liberty to post them because of my family’s anonymity concerns.

Too bad! This sounds like a huge tall tale, but it’s not!
Old 03-03-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
LOL, Mags!

I had several roof tiles blow off, but my daughter missed having her house smashed by about six inches!

In her back yard was an enormous tree about 2 1/2 feet in diameter with two trunks.

During the night Thursday night the winds cracked the tree at the base of the trunks, and one trunk fell within 6” of the back of the house, and the other half fell within a foot of the side entrance!

There are some very dramatic pictures, but I’m not at liberty to post them because of my family’s anonymity concerns.

Yeah Gilmer.
We got the same Nor Easter here in MA.
The cape is flooded and trees down all over.
Glad you and your daughter are ok.
Talk about wind.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I had to go to the supermarket yesterday and I almost got knocked off my feet! I had to load groceries with one hand and hold the cart in the other so it wouldn’t fly into another car!
Old 03-03-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I had to go to the supermarket yesterday and I almost got knocked off my feet! I had to load groceries with one hand and hold the cart in the other so it wouldn’t fly into another car!
Wow,it was hurricane strength sometimes.
Our coast is under feet of water in some areas.
Glad it's all done, now the clean up can start.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Geezuwhiz!!!!
Old 03-03-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

LOL, Mags!

Thank God for major miracles - truly.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Hi Julyers

Dee, I hope you get a good refreshing winter, it clears the air. But not extreme like parts of the U.K.

Snoozy, sounds like you had a terrific day with your family, making me hungry talking of food. It’s nearly 2am here so not really food time.
I’m on the predisolone again so sleep pattern haywire. Thanks for the info on the experience with an epi pen. I was just prescribed it, no lesson on what to do, but to be fair I’d rather go and learn the info myself. My trust in doctors is dwindling.

Suze, wouldn’t it be lovely to see some of PJ’s work from the art exhibition. He might put them on his avatar.

Gilmer , I just smiled at my misreading your post.
(Bob and Mags, I hope you guys are safe and warm today (I’ve just got intense winds).) I thought you said you had intense wind!

Been watching a lot of tv the last few months and you know, I think I’m getting it, life that is. I’m going to use that old saying that what used on me lots of times in my twenties. ‘ I wish I knew then what I know now’ . Can’t happen, I know, but I am pleased I have the wisdom now. That’s what our parents try to give us, perhaps, to try and protect us so we don’t make their mistakes maybe. , it’s a funny old life.
You are marvelous, Mags!!! ❤️

Love you!!! ❤️
Old 03-03-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Wow,it was hurricane strength sometimes.
Our coast is under feet of water in some areas.
Glad it's all done, now the clean up can start.
Thank God that you are safe and sound, Bob! ❤️
Old 03-03-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Greetings and love, Julyers! ❤️
Old 03-03-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Magsie

Leigh, thank you, I know you are marvellous too, and so kind hearted.❤️

Snoozy, I still say sorry when it’s not might fault, but as you say, it doesn’t keep me awake wondering if I’ve offended someone. Let’s enjoy the rest of our lives.❤️

Gilmer, that was so fortunate for your daughter with the split tree. I hope the roof tiles don’t cause too much of a problem for you.

Bob, glad you and your family safe after all the weather you’ve had. The wind has so much strength and power.

Our weather is dissipating now, thank goodness, I hope everyone keeps safe and warm or cooler as the case may be.its hard to believe we’re all stretched around the earth so far from each other but so close with the marvellous internet. I don’t say marvellous internet when it goes off or slow! Lol

Another early morning here, 2.40am.

Take care my friends
Old 03-03-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Leigh, thank you, I know you are marvellous too, and so kind hearted.❤️

Snoozy, I still say sorry when it’s not might fault, but as you say, it doesn’t keep me awake wondering if I’ve offended someone. Let’s enjoy the rest of our lives.❤️

Gilmer, that was so fortunate for your daughter with the split tree. I hope the roof tiles don’t cause too much of a problem for you.

Bob, glad you and your family safe after all the weather you’ve had. The wind has so much strength and power.

Our weather is dissipating now, thank goodness, I hope everyone keeps safe and warm or cooler as the case may be.its hard to believe we’re all stretched around the earth so far from each other but so close with the marvellous internet. I don’t say marvellous internet when it goes off or slow! Lol

Another early morning here, 2.40am.

Take care my friends
Insomnia tonight, Mags?

Hugs and love.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

Sweet dreams.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Magsie

Leigh, it’s the meds I’m on, upsets my equilibrium.lol.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Just passing. I seez my name....I am crap at working out how to get SR to accept my photos. SO- much easier if you just check out my art on my facebook page.. PM me for details.

Stay safe in your shite weather people. A perfect autumn day here.
Support to all.

Last edited by Dee74; 03-10-2018 at 11:30 PM. Reason: name removed
Old 03-03-2018, 11:12 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

oh- you can tell it is my f/b page because the opening image is one of my arty things- a sun.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks PJ
Old 03-04-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Because this is an open forum - can be read by anyone, forever - if you reconsider putting your name out there let me know PJ

D
Old 03-04-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I thought about it carefully, Dee. Someone in the first week of me posting at SR had narrowed me down to one of 5.....because of the history that comes with me. But thanks. I have a f/b page, so IF my 2 adult sons want to see what I am doing- that I am okay, they can see. Likewise they know about SR....so everything is transparent and thought out.
Mind, PJ is kinda cool.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I thought about it a long time before I put my name out there as well....sure, not my whole name but you can find me on FB in an instant....that's good by me. I am proud of who I am and I don't mind who finds me.

I know, of course, that's not for all of us. ♥♥

And, well, I kind of think in a few months or a year's time the whole of Australia is going to know PJ's name. Your art rocks love.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries PJ. We do discourage it, mostly for newer members, but its not against the rules to share your real name,

D