Greetings, Julyers.

Hope all are well.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Be back later.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bob, that’s a lot of children! How’s Toby with the young ones, I bet he wants to play.

Gilmer, have a good weekend with your company. I like the smilie hiding under the chair!

Yes, we had sleet today but it didn’t settle. I can’t seen it staying if we have snow, it’ll be April on Sunday. I’m glad they’re not messing about with the clocks again! It really upsets my equilibrium changing the time. It’s been dark out when I thought it should be light, very confusing.

Confused.dot.com

See you tomorrow, take care
Old 03-28-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hope that Easter turns out to be sunny and bright, Mags!
Old 03-28-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Leigh x
Old 03-28-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hope that everyone is having a good day!
Old 03-28-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Greetings humans! Always a lot happening with me..good stuff tho.
Well mostly.
I have reached an inevitable conclusion the only connection I have now with the ex and my sons is guilt. I am processing this and oh - so - slowly beginning to look to the future, from today, than reflecting on the past.
Sigh.
I lost my driver's license 5 years ago as I had seizures when going cold-t and was hospitamalised (my son found me making weird noises on the couch- called ambulance..one eg of guilt). Well with a lot of hard work and money spent )$500 to private d/a asessment company- mandatory) .
I have a shiny new license, with my address, not the family home address on the photo ID I was using, that just stuck new addresses on the back.
I have a car (aka 'bloke'), an old model Honda CRV...which I crawled on, in and under...it has miles but is in the best condition of any car, 2nd hand I have owned (about 15). My world has opened up greatly.
My new unit- I am settling in well and have even started putting in a garden...quite a big deal considering 8 addresses in 2.5 years..perhaps the hyper-vigilance and fight/flight mode I am in is receding.
I have started going to ACA meetings and am running my final meeting (in the city, a very demanding crowd) Easter Monday to pursue 'me' things.
In 3 art groups and a lot of volunteer stuff being planned.
My exhibition in the city of arty stuff just finished after a month- this was a closure thing for me on the last 2.5y.
Plus a whole gammit of other stuff.
Probably the only thing I struggle with- is internalising stress and getting migraines, but they have gone from lasting up to 6 days, to just lasting a day.
Support to all.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Sounds like life is finally straightening itself out, and your body and mind are beginning to catch up!
Old 03-28-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

You are such an inspiration, PhoenixJ.

What a gift you are to all of us.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Julyers.

See you tomorrow!
Old 03-28-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Love, Peace, Health and Safety
Old 03-28-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

So glad to hear your wife's treatments are almost over dear Bob.

PJ love ~ the fact that your migraines are 1 day instead of 6 now is huge. So you are doing really well. Just everywhere......and what feedback was there form your exhibition by the way...dying to know. Bet it was some very positive stuff.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:29 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Suze- I did not ask for, or get much feed-b. I do not really have a conscious reason why it was so important to me....excepting I NEEDED to tell my story (through images) and to recognise it as closure of a part of my life that is over. The artist lady who runs the recovery art-g I still go to went to see it and sent me a message atr the same time that she was wowed by it, wants me to keep going. She also took live recordings of it and wants to show it to me and then put it on instagram.
My counselor from the recovery - (I am no longer in it, but has access to services when I ask for them- we meet about every 4 weeks for a chat and a coffee) went to see it and commented the change in the imagery over the timeline of the art. Others have commented on the color and one person was wowed by the burns suit being an art piece.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:12 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Julyers

Bob, bigs hugs for your wife,.

PJ, I’m pleased life is getting there for you. You deserve it.:

Hope it’s agood Easter for everyone celebrating, have a good weekend xx
Old 03-30-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Mags- thank you.
Actually thank you all.
Someone shared at the G/Friday meeting about the 'let go, let God' bit. I agree with this sentiment, when stuff is out of one's control. However, I have worked hard to get thus far...you reap what you sow...
Old 03-30-2018, 11:39 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Suze- I did not ask for, or get much feed-b. I do not really have a conscious reason why it was so important to me....excepting I NEEDED to tell my story (through images) and to recognise it as closure of a part of my life that is over. The artist lady who runs the recovery art-g I still go to went to see it and sent me a message atr the same time that she was wowed by it, wants me to keep going. She also took live recordings of it and wants to show it to me and then put it on instagram.
My counselor from the recovery - (I am no longer in it, but has access to services when I ask for them- we meet about every 4 weeks for a chat and a coffee) went to see it and commented the change in the imagery over the timeline of the art. Others have commented on the color and one person was wowed by the burns suit being an art piece.
What an awesome way to express your journey, PhoenixJ. Have you considered a book/publication of your images, etc.?
Old 03-30-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

A Blessed and Sacred Good Friday
Old 03-30-2018, 11:50 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Thank you PJ love.

And perhaps you might consider allowing that wonderful lady to put your work on Instagram....for one thing, we could all see all of it then just the way she did.

So so proud of you.... ♥♥
Old 03-30-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Suze- I already did...but following the Recovery Program rules, there has to be a distance between clients and staff....so it will be on my insta-g, not hers. She does the art group on Fridays, so another week for this.
What I will do today (Sat, 0635 now) later- instead of spending a frustrating number of hours trying to adjust the photos I have from my phone...I will crank up the ol' lap top- which has compatible software stuff for SR posting, and post my little treasures.
Interesting footnote...the other art-g I am in, in the city (very small) has an older guy there who once he heard part of my story, thought the reason why I had to pay for the ambulance ride that saved my life, because it was self inflicted. Everyone is charged. Later on he asked me whether I set myself alight on purpose....he paints well and sells a lot of his art....he gets paid in beer. Literally.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Wo......what? They made you pay for the ambulance.....self-inflicted??? What accidents aren't? OMG.....just cannot believe that.....

But awesome re the Instagram stuff and you uploading. So excited!!! ♥♥