Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 354

Old 02-27-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Okay, goodnight for real
Old 02-27-2018, 09:46 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hi,
It's time to check in for my next 24. Today we were in Belize. Mark was the Host of Karoke tonight on the ship from 8:00pm-11:00pm. Sweet hubby Ken sang a couple songs. Having a wonderful time and the weather has been sunny too!
Bobbi
Old 02-27-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

5.45 UK
24 more hours for me please and a huge congratulations to everyone committing to another 24 hours 👏👏👏
Old 02-27-2018, 10:54 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 6.54am
Old 02-27-2018, 11:39 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
We never get 2 days the same do we? One day calm and serene next day bang! Anxiety, fear, impending doom. Ugh
I just don't know how I'm going to pull the required rabbit out of the hat this time. The money has ran out at job number 2. Completely. I've tried SO hard to keep this thing afloat and I'm just cracking under the pressure of it all now.
It's the money that keeps me there I admit it. For the girls mostly. I just want us to have a few nice things before they leave home one day. You know? A nice holiday now and again, a few bits for the house so they can have nice rooms. Nothing flash just not hand to effing mouth for once.
But I know this bloody job is attacking my recovery.
I love my sobriety so much you guys know that. I'm nothing without it. All I can do today is cling onto it and hope. Hope for a tiny little break because if this thing goes under I'm heading for a situation that'll make me want to run away. I'll shut off and want an "out". I don't want that. I want to be present and hard-working and kind and nice.
But the blanks are coming. When I get super anxious my mind goes blank and I can't think. "What's for dinner mum?" That simple question got me panicking because I had no answer. I didn't know. That's how it gets me.
So I will try and rest and let tomorrow happen tomorrow. That's what we do right? ODAAT?
I feel so guilty coming here moaning about money. It's not the money. It's the fear of the unknown. Stability is my friend. Uncertainty isn't.
Thank you for giving me a safe place to "talk" everyone.
One thing I do know is that this would be hell on earth if I was still drinking. With your help I won't drink. That's a wonderful feeling. Goodnight all ❤❤❤
Gentle, giving, generous,kind, loving Jo.... I could go on... I'm so terribly terribly sorry you have this going on.
Even though you are going through this you make the time to reach out to others and from the bottom of my heart I appreciate this and you.
Take care dear friend.
❤❤❤❤
Old 02-27-2018, 11:43 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinker B View Post
Gentle, giving, generous,kind, loving Jo.... I could go on... I'm so terribly terribly sorry you have this going on.
Even though you are going through this you make the time to reach out to others and from the bottom of my heart I appreciate this and you.
Take care dear friend.
❤❤❤❤
Oh Tinker how kind! That has cheered me up nicely to face the day ahead.
Thank you sweetie pie ❤❤❤
Old 02-27-2018, 11:47 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Okay it's time to get up. Back to basics day. Get up, have shower, clean teeth, prepare lunch, go to work, do what I can there, drive carefully in the snow, feed and love children, stay calm and STAY SOBER NO MATTER WHAT.
Count me in for 24 for sure! Lots of love to everyone on this cold snowy mornimg ❤❤❤
Old 02-28-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

In for 24 x
Old 02-28-2018, 12:36 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 02-28-2018, 01:13 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hope your mum makes a full and speedy recovery Red. Also hope that you manage to get some time for yourself. Sending you lots of love xxx

I woke up feeling grumpy today. I thought to myself, 'I'm going to do a fair bit of stomping today and I might even say 'bah humbug' a few times.... even though it's february/almost March and 'bah humbug' is rarely heard outside December'. Funny thing about life is that sometimes it thwarts our plans.... even definite plans to be grumpy. Stomping around inside the house was OK but stomping around in the snow was actually good fun. It's really difficult to stay grumpy during a snow ball fight. So I only managed 2 'bah humbugs'.... I feel positively happy again now. The joys of being inside this roller coaster of a mind. At least it's never dull. Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today, 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 02-28-2018, 01:17 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Please count me in for another 24 hours. All plans cancelled cos of really heavy snow. Its a dangerous time for me, my AV is talking. One of the things it says - and has always said is 'just for a few days'. You can drink just for a few days, take a break from sobriety, loose yourself in the booze. Then come back here.

I am glad I wrote that down, what a load of rubbish, a few days would turn into weeks or months, and by 7pm today I would feel lousy, tired, wanting to go to bed but knowing if I did I would be wide awake by 2am.

One piece of advice I have read on here a lot is; play the tape forward. Play it all the way. That helps me.

Thanks to everyone for being here. I am gonna bake today, I will imagine I am baking for you guys. Take care, have a good day.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I think it is the every day stuff that wears us down. The big things have a habit of looking after themselves...as we have no choice. But the ho-hum stuff can really tell a story. Have I watered the garden on a hot day? Mopped the floor.
I have a friend, successful at work - single mum, older..just taken early retirement to find herself. She is a little lost and admitted recently she felt so low...she washed the same clothes in her machine 7 times....every day for a week.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:41 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more please

Thanks

Old 02-28-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Its a dangerous time for me, my AV is talking. One of the things it says - and has always said is 'just for a few days'. You can drink just for a few days, take a break from sobriety, loose yourself in the booze. Then come back here.

I am glad I wrote that down, what a load of rubbish, a few days would turn into weeks or months, and by 7pm today I would feel lousy, tired, wanting to go to bed but knowing if I did I would be wide awake by 2am.
What you wrote really nailed it for me Juliet. "You can drink just for a few days, take a break from sobriety, loose yourself in the booze. Then come back here." This is exactly what my AV says, and it lures me away from here, from SR. I'm then like the deer that gets picked off by the lion cause it's isolated from the herd. So, it's great that you voiced it on here. Also very useful for me.

Keep warm, take care and hope the snow eases off up there
Old 02-28-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

It's 9.44 in cold, old London, and I am 200% in for 24 more hours.

Going to a play tonight, which I'm looking forward to. Bit of work to do between now and then. Other than that I'm gonna take it easy.

Hope everyone has a peaceful, safe day
Old 02-28-2018, 01:47 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Neoo I'm so thrilled about your venture. There's good things coming your way I can feel it!
Thank you Jo hope your right I am in for another 24..Love to All
Old 02-28-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

In for 24
Old 02-28-2018, 01:52 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 02-28-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

I'm checking in... it's been a few days but I'm still sober... life is too busy :-(

Sending love to all xx

6pm Perth xx
Old 02-28-2018, 02:00 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

24 for me please. 9.59am ☺