Milestoners!!!! ❤️
Old 02-27-2018, 08:29 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Three cheers!!!

. .

For all of us!!!! ❤️
Old 02-27-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of making dreams a reality? Thank you.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

G
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
May I please have another 24 hours with a side of making dreams a reality? Thank you.
May all your dreams come true, Quincy! ❤️
Old 02-27-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

24. My mother fell and broke her hip today. Had surgery to repair it. I am getting help for Dad and my brother is helping a lot. Very hard day for us. A couple of passing thoughts of a drink—weak and fleeting. I know I need to take care of myself and them too so I will not cave in. I am afraid. Things seem very unreal. I feel alone but am not alone. I need to rest. So glad I did not pick up. No matter how hard things get. It will not help. My brother is an alcoholic and was really snapping at me. I did not react. He is troubled.

Love to all

Red
Old 02-27-2018, 08:49 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
24. My mother fell and broke her hip today. Had surgery to repair it. I am getting help for Dad and my brother is helping a lot. Very hard day for us. A couple of passing thoughts of a drink—weak and fleeting. I know I need to take care of myself and them too so I will not cave in. I am afraid. Things seem very unreal. I feel alone but am not alone. I need to rest. So glad I did not pick up. No matter how hard things get. It will not help. My brother is an alcoholic and was really snapping at me. I did not react. He is troubled.

Love to all

Red
((((((Red)))))))

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I will pray that she recovers well.

Your day has been so overwhelming, worrisome and exhausting, dear one.

Please try to get some good sleep tonight and take very good care of Red. As you already know well, caregiving is very hard work. In order to do it well, the caregiver needs to be healthy.

Sending you and your family love, Red. Stay close. We love you, sweetheart.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:51 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
Hi Ms V & other Aussies? Are you familiar with Hillsong music & or church? Don’t know if their worship leader is still Darlene Zschech who’s got a beautiful voice( she’s on my bucket list if ever make it to down under), but anyway I was kind of “bored” of hearing same songs on Spotify even tho their nice & encouraging. So I felt the Spirit lead me this mrg to goggle “all Hillsong albums in 90’s” & boom there they all were that I owned most of as cds but left em in GA! Went on rampage just adding bout 80 songs so far & there’s still plenty more. The best thing is these are not like today’s which sound good/ok then later you wonder huh? Truly had a blessed day even after met new doc, who turned out opposite of what was expecting
24 of being h,j&f
Fantastic, 1new!!!!! ❤️
Old 02-27-2018, 08:52 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hi Ms V & other Aussies? Are you familiar with Hillsong music & or church? Don’t know if their worship leader is still Darlene Zschech who’s got a beautiful voice( she’s on my bucket list if ever make it to down under), but anyway I was kind of “bored” of hearing same songs on Spotify even tho their nice & encouraging. So I felt the Spirit lead me this mrg to goggle “all Hillsong albums in 90’s” & boom there they all were that I owned most of as cds but left em in GA! Went on rampage just adding bout 80 songs so far & there’s still plenty more. The best thing is these are not like today’s which sound good/ok then later you wonder huh? Truly had a blessed day even after met new doc, who turned out opposite of what was expecting
24 of being h,j&f
Fantastic, 1new!!!!! ❤️

And congrats, again, on your terrific Milestone!!!!! ❤️
Old 02-27-2018, 08:52 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

24 of being h,j&f
Fantastic, 1new!!!!! ❤️

And congrats, again, on your terrific Milestone!!!!! ❤️

5.5 years rocks!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2018, 08:59 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Congratulations Neoo..... fantastic news!

So sorry for your loss Lost ... yours too Leigh.

I just wanted to share a thought that just whizzed through my mind. I think I need to share it. I've had an ok day... not brilliant but no disasters. Anyway, I feel a bit on edge... my nerves are a bit frayed and I swear I'm a bit witch-like because sometimes I get a sense about something and all day I've just felt a bit off. Anyway, a friend called me earlier this evening and said she was out with other people on Saturday night and my name came up. Long story short... my character got annihilated on Saturday night. Loads of stuff was said about me being boring blah blah blah now I'm not drinking. Some pretty nasty stuff was said and my friend stood up for me and didn't want to upset me by telling me but decided I needed to know. I'm glad she told me... it wasn't very nice to hear but I understand that people like to gossip and any upset it caused me will quickly pass. The thing that surprised me was the thought that went through my mind when my lovely, loyal friend was talking to me. I thought, 'I'm so lucky to have such a lovely friend and as soon as I get off the phone I'll have a big glass of wine.'

As soon as I thought it, I thought, 'where the hell did that thought come from?' I haven't thought about drinking wine for months and I don't know why my mind -still reeling from hearing about what was said behind my back - suddenly jumped to alcohol. Good reminder that my AV is alive and well. It pounced on the upsetting news and immediately attempted to console me with the thought of wine.

I've made a hot chocolate and I'm going to bed very aware of who I am. I'm a wife, a mother, a friend... I'm often kind, sometimes thoughtless, always late and rushing, often laughing, sometimes sad, more than a bit irritating and always alcoholic. And that last characteristic is the most important of all because that one has the power to destroy all the others. It has the power to destroy everything that makes me, me. And to think I was called 'boring'

The thought unsettled me a bit... it was an unwelcome intruder into my mind so I thought I'd write about it here before I fall asleep. With you lot by my side, my AV doesn't stand a chance and that's why I love you all so much. Night xxx
(((((Kenton)))))

I don't have many nice things to say about your friends at the moment

Hiss on them.

Yes, you And we) are alcoholics but you/we are alcoholics IN RECOVERY. Huge difference.

As long as you/we are alcoholics in recovery, being an alcoholic is nothing to be ashamed of.

You/we are doing something many never achieve.

Stand tall, dear Kenton.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:20 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jack16 View Post
Thank you Leigh, missed ya too. Very good to be back.

Yes, I've got a therapist I see once a week, which is a massive help. Though, it's not for addiction, and I didn't tell her about the relapse, which ain't good!

This is exactly what I need to change. When I start to feel things are wavering I keep it to myself - including on here. I gotta change that.

Also attend a weekly therapy group thing, and just discovered that almost all the guys there are sober, which is brilliant!

Anyway, doing lots of thinking/re-planning - making sobriety a priority

Love to you Leigh
Love back to you, Jack!!! ❤️
Old 02-27-2018, 09:23 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
In for another 24 please.

My oh my it is so cold today.....I am a sunshine girl through & through so my heart sinks with all this cold stuff brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hope all my lovely 24'ers are well today and congrats to milestoners.

Off to wrap myself in a duvet again, lol.

Much Love, SP
Stay warm, sweet Sweetpeacan!!! ❤️
Old 02-27-2018, 09:24 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
24 more please, Dear God.

Congrats to todays Milestoners!!

Congrats to all choosing sobriety today!!
Amen!!!

Love you, Kris! ❤️
Old 02-27-2018, 09:28 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Prayers RBJ, remember to look after you- rest, eat, hydrate...
Old 02-27-2018, 09:29 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sounds beautiful....the music....1new....no, I haven't heard of her/them....glad you found lovely music. And also glad that your new doc is OK?

Nite all....very tired. ♥♥
Sleep,well, Suze!!!!!! ❤️