Notices

Class of March 2016 part 66

Old 03-01-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you posted Casey.
Feeling sick or ill was always a trigger for me. Funny thing is I get better faster now I'm not drinking.

Might want to check in with your Dr or the pharmacist tho - earache is no fun.

D
Old 03-01-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Telling on my addiction. It won't shut up this afternoon. I've eaten. I'm hydrated. I'm safe at home with no poison in the house. Not gonna do it. No matter what.
Gosh, your AV is mean. Doesn't it know that this is what you want?
Keep telling it to go take a hike....the cheek.....really.

Love you Casey.

EDIT: I would get the earache checked as well love.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:13 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, finally checking in 2 minutes before midnight! Ha. We had a late birthday dinner for our daughters birthday. We went to a really good Chinese restaurant. Voted #1 in our city for the past 19 years in a row. It was soooo good!

CASEY: way to make it through. Sometimes it’s literally one minute at a time! I’m sorry to hear about your earache. Did you go to the doctor to see if you had an infection? Stay strong!

APPLE: so glad you checked in and congrats on a sober February! That’s amazing!!!

Well...I’m tired but I’m still in the family room watching TV. I’m such a night owl. I should get a 3rd shift job! Lol. I swear I’m part vampire/bat/owl. I think I just like the quiet.

The longer I stay sober, the more I learn about myself. What I’m realizing is I like (some) people but I also like my alone time. I’m kinda an introvert! Ha! I took a Personality test on the Internet & it also said I’m an introvert. Cool! Hahaha

I was watching a documentary the other night and the producer said something about himself that really hit home. He said:

“I don’t like bullsheet. Which is why I’ve never been particularly fond of most grown ups (adults). And that’s why I love being around kids & animals. I don’t like fine dining or fancy hotels or ANY place where you have to dress up. I can afford nice things. I just prefer the simpler things in life.”

That is SO me! I don’t like bullsheet either! I find so many adults to be full of BS! One thing I like about kids, animals AND people in recovery (like AA, SR, you guys etc.) is that there really isn’t much BS. We are REAL & true. Good people. Honest. Loving. Huge hearts.

I love you guys. Night!
Old 03-01-2018, 09:17 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Love you too KiKi.

And yep, this is most definitely a what you said-free zone....I like it real.

Nite lovely Marchies, Mwaaa. xx
Old 03-01-2018, 09:42 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Good night Marchies.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:22 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
One of his better roles- in Gallipoli. I like the scene where Mel and his mate are wandering across a salt lake in a remote part of Aust- heat and dust and little else. They meet an old swaggie- and explain to him they are enlisting for the war. The swaggie does not know of modern events..so they explain they have to join up to stop the enemy (I forgot if they say the Germans or the Japanese) invading Australia. The swaggie looks at the desolate landscape and says 'and they are bloody welcome to it!', or something like that.
Many think Gallipoli is a turning point in Australia- as a modern country...not just Britian's poor cousin that runs to aid in war at their beckon and call. The biggie was WW2, when apart from other things- the British Govt refused to release Aussie troops fighting in Europe- to fight the Japanese..who came within 160k (or so) of the Aussie coast in Port Morsbey....in Papua New-G. That was when the ANZUS (Aust/New-Z/USA) treaty started to develop...Australia becoming the US's little cousin. The Brit Empire was on it's last legs...and incidence like the swarming over of Singapore (considered a strong part of the Brit pacific interest, as a colony- I think) by the Japanese made Aust wake up and realise how vulnerable we were. The Aussie troops in WW1, to a large extent thought it was going to be an adventure. There were even stories of ignorant Aussie young men trying to pay 'foriegners' with Monopoly money. I worked in a vet hospital when I was a registered nurse, when there were still a few WW1 vets alive....they never spoke of that time, ever.
This is really interesting - thank you! I’m a history buff and this inspires me to read more about Australia.

I’m reading “Team of Rivals” now about US President Lincoln. I’ll find a good book about your history next. Any recommendations?

I found myself here at home a lot this past month in sobriety. Reading, writing, watching movies and playing with my dogs. No parties after work and such. Feels good. This is me.

Yay introverts Kiki!

Anyway, lots of time to study history..my favorite subject. Thanks for sparking a new interest!
Old 03-01-2018, 10:34 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
March 1, 2018
– NATIONAL PIG DAY
– NATIONAL DADGUM THAT’S GOOD DAY
I’m with you BBG!

Bacon!

Hope you feel better by now.

PR ~ sorry you’re sick too. The flu is awful this year.

Casey...antibiotic is a good idea. Take care!

Hey Apple! (Waving)
Old 03-01-2018, 10:46 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Goodnight Marchers. Going to bed sober tonight thanks to all of you. Talk to you in the morning. Hopefully really late as I can sleep in for once.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:18 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Lill- my fav. book about Aust and how it's modernity began (with colony/invasion- take your pick) is 'The tyranny of distance' , by Geoffrey Blainey.

Exhib up, working on how th share.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:01 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Happy Marcherversary everyone. Just checking in. Hope you feel better soon Casey. 3 week of work left and a long weekend this weekend. The horrible depression is finally lifting. Hope everyone is well. Love you guys. xxx
Old 03-02-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

I'm an introvert too! Having to learn to be sociable without the liquid courage

History: I wish I had paid more attention in history class....guess there's still time to learn; I took a US history class a couple years ago at the community college and I loved the instructor ~ he's like a stand up comic so he made us all laugh & kept it interesting....He told us this story of once he and his wife went to Thanksgiving family dinner, everyone was really down & somber when they arrived so he's like "Who died?" (trying to lighten the mood)....turned out someone in their family had just passed away that morning. He said (since he can't leave well enough alone) he continued "Well who the hell cares, nobody liked the son of a bitch anyway!" OMG we were rolling....
Old 03-02-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Introvert here too. It’s been interesting navigating with young children and their friends and parents. I don’t want my kiddos to be as painfully shy as I was growing up but there’s only so much you can do. It’s just part of who they are.

Snow day here! Prayers for patience and fun with the young ones.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Re-Member

11 minutes until 10 am. I guess that counts as sleeping in.

Wonderful night's sleep. Wouldn't have had that if I drank.

Work tonight. I'm not even going to say yuck, though I might think it a little bit. Think I'll go to a noon AA meeting.

I'm not gonna drink today. I'll ask for help if I need it. It worked yesterday.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Quick check in. Day 2 of our daughters birthday celebration! Tonight she’s having a bunch of friends over! Yay! (I think) Lol

Hooray for introverts!!! We rock!

APPLE: I remember those days of play groups & school functions & having to hang out with other moms. I hated it. I always felt like I wanted to disappear. I am realizing I have felt that way my entire life. Kinda like I don’t fit in. I have MAJOR social anxiety! Alcohol fixed all of that temporarily. But eventually it separated me even MORE from people because I isolated when I drank. I couldn’t let anyone know how much I REALLY drank! Something interesting: the ONLY people I have EVER felt like I fit in with are you guys and people in AA. Thank God I have both!!! I FINALLY found a planet I belong on. Ha! The crazy thing is...from all outside appearances I have always “seemed” confident & extremely social etc. (and I DID fit in)...but inside I realized I was just being a cameleon. I was so good at being a cameleon! I could be whatever you wanted me to be! NOW....I refuse to do that. I am going to be ME and if people don’t like ME then the hell with them! No more BS for me!

CASEY: Way to fight off that stubborn AV! You rock!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 03-02-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Purps that is hilarious!! That’s my kind of teacher.

I’m a complete introvert. Home is my favorite place to be. I’ve always said my ideal home has a moat around it.

I slept like 💩 last night but it’s still better than drunken sleep so I’ll take it.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I know you guys are going to be floored by this revelation - but I am not an introvert. Nothing close.

Casey - great job. Hero status right there.

Last night's AA mtg was about how family has to adjust to your sobriety. BB chapter 9 I think. Man, that is so true. It took almost a year for my husband to stop asking me to take a breathalyzer. It would make me so angry. I caused the distrust though.

Have a great day. I get to babysit tonight so old people cards is tomorrow. I'm pretty excited.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

March 2, 2018
– NATIONAL READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY (DR. SEUSS DAY)
– NATIONAL EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION DAY
– NATIONAL OLD STUFF DAY
– NATIONAL BANANA CREAM PIE DAY
– NATIONAL DRESS IN BLUE DAY
– NATIONAL SPEECH AND DEBATE EDUCATION DAY
Old 03-02-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Yeah....not an introvert here either.

Love you guys. ♥
Old 03-02-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

It has taken years for my sisters to trust me Bobbie....no way did my older sister think I would stay sober. She is glad now though and is starting to treat me like a 'person' again. I was resentful for a long time.....boy was I wrong. Now I am just glad that time heals....and people forgive.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Suze how long have you been sober?