Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 350

Old 02-16-2018, 01:55 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Yeah lots of people have the same issue to do with the creators update but I can’t uninstall that update either...thanks anyway Venus will do some more research tomorrow
Old 02-16-2018, 01:58 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

I know....I worked around it.....
Old 02-16-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Goodnight my friends I will keep you updated Venus
Old 02-16-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good morning, I’ll take 24 more please. 6.15am Perth x
Old 02-16-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

To all of you who are suffering WITHOUT booze, when life seems to get worse. Without going into my crap last rock-b, it was hell. I descended further down the path of destruction for a time, from burns to near death outside hospital in a very, very horrible place I was forced to live. I was homeless, my family had abandoned me to my fate, no money, possessions- not even a blanket for winter. I know a few things from that experience..NO BOOZE! It makes everything much, much, much worse. Keep moving forwards- regardless of how hard it seems, move and make connections with other people. Regardless of how hard, how pointless- how strange it seems. If I fell down 3 times, I got up 5. Write stuff down- thoughts, feelings, behaviours. Get a counselor- someone out side your realm of experience. They way you feel is NOT reality, it is your perceptions of reality- and can change. It takes hard work- and support.
Keep moving- post here and never, ever give in. If you lapse, check it in, get up and keep going. We all fall. Together we are strong. Share your burden, especially when you do not want to.
Support to all.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

24 at a time—slowly but quickly, things are getting better. The first days and months are so tough. But look at everything that has improved in such a short time. It’s fabulous. I am not going to let a work culture get me down. Another pleasant, truly brilliant man left this week and I started to get down but stopped. I can’t control it. I will figure this out, just not today! Something good is ahead.

My parents need a lot of help but my brother and I will chip in and figure it out. I got started on that this week. Just lots of pressure and I don’t quite have the skills to cope with the stress yet. I’m getting through sober, though. I am making progress with strengthening and making new sober friendships. I really stepped up my weight training and exercising a few weeks ago, and have stopped my occasional cigarette binging. Eating better. I look forward to better health all around.

Thank you. Where would I be without you all?

24 more please

Xx

Red
Old 02-16-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Reach out darling Red.....we have the combined skills to help. And we care very much. And I personally know that you do have the skills in any case.....but still.....let us help. We love you.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

This place has been helping me very much in the past weeks, so very glad I came back BEFORE anything happened to take me away from my journey- let's just say my resolve has been less strong lately and I've had to bump up my program a bit- reading more about sobriety, mixing up my regular schedule, paying more attention. I was getting lackadaisical about my commitment, thought I had it truly beat and it almost caught me off guard. Seeing my friend go to rehab seriously punched me in the gut- made me doubt everything because I honestly had no idea whatsoever she needed help. I spent hours going over her behavior in my head and then I saw it ALL. So I'm sober and I can't even see someone in trouble... ugh. Well, then maybe.... but I didn't fall off into the hole, and I really, truly could have. I just came here every day, and starting posting again and I do feel better. I have to say, though, it was the scariest time I've had so far- (besides when I was actively drinking) but SR was here for me, you guys were all here and I'm just staying grateful and vigilant.

Grateful for this day and hoping to be of service to others, as you all have for me.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
To all of you who are suffering WITHOUT booze, when life seems to get worse. Without going into my crap last rock-b, it was hell. I descended further down the path of destruction for a time, from burns to near death outside hospital in a very, very horrible place I was forced to live. I was homeless, my family had abandoned me to my fate, no money, possessions- not even a blanket for winter. I know a few things from that experience..NO BOOZE! It makes everything much, much, much worse. Keep moving forwards- regardless of how hard it seems, move and make connections with other people. Regardless of how hard, how pointless- how strange it seems. If I fell down 3 times, I got up 5. Write stuff down- thoughts, feelings, behaviours. Get a counselor- someone out side your realm of experience. They way you feel is NOT reality, it is your perceptions of reality- and can change. It takes hard work- and support.
Keep moving- post here and never, ever give in. If you lapse, check it in, get up and keep going. We all fall. Together we are strong. Share your burden, especially when you do not want to.
Support to all.

Thank you sooooo much for this, PhoenixJ. These are some awfully smart words... and just exactly what I needed today.

"Together we are strong."
Old 02-16-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Reach out darling Red.....we have the combined skills to help. And we care very much. And I personally know that you do have the skills in any case.....but still.....let us help. We love you.
Thank you Suze.. I think exercise will help me out—quiet activities like meditation too. It takes time, but not forever. My life a year from now will be drastically different. But the same. Sober 24 at a time and healing whether I see it or not. It’s a guarantee. I have not been feeling it the past couple of days but my feelings aren’t factual. Just like PJ said. I have been tired and lonely so I am not paying attention...haha.

Because.....I have people coming tomorrow! Sober mob! 3 sober people, 2 of them are NEW to me .. so I need to clean this house and cheer up and be grateful. At once! The more sober folks I hang out with the better. I can be of help and get better sooner. Who knows what else? My best, loveliest friends are recovered people or people who never drank much to begin with. They are the kindest, funniest, most fabulous

You know...just like you

Xx
Old 02-16-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
This place has been helping me very much in the past weeks, so very glad I came back BEFORE anything happened to take me away from my journey- let's just say my resolve has been less strong lately and I've had to bump up my program a bit- reading more about sobriety, mixing up my regular schedule, paying more attention. I was getting lackadaisical about my commitment, thought I had it truly beat and it almost caught me off guard. Seeing my friend go to rehab seriously punched me in the gut- made me doubt everything because I honestly had no idea whatsoever she needed help. I spent hours going over her behavior in my head and then I saw it ALL. So I'm sober and I can't even see someone in trouble... ugh. Well, then maybe.... but I didn't fall off into the hole, and I really, truly could have. I just came here every day, and starting posting again and I do feel better. I have to say, though, it was the scariest time I've had so far- (besides when I was actively drinking) but SR was here for me, you guys were all here and I'm just staying grateful and vigilant.

Grateful for this day and hoping to be of service to others, as you all have for me.

We got here together dear Viking.....one day at a time.....and I am so very grateful that we are still doing it together. Yes Tom, as long as they keep the doors open I will be here love....I know how you feel....

Thinking of deek today. Hoping she is at peace and well.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Thank you Suze.. I think exercise will help me out—quiet activities like meditation too. It takes time, but not forever. My life a year from now will be drastically different. But the same. Sober 24 at a time and healing whether I see it or not. It’s a guarantee. I have not been feeling it the past couple of days but my feelings aren’t factual. Just like PJ said. I have been tired and lonely so I am not paying attention...haha.

Because.....I have people coming tomorrow! Sober mob! 3 sober people, 2 of them are NEW to me .. so I need to clean this house and cheer up and be grateful. At once! The more sober folks I talk with the better. I can be of help and get better sooner. Who knows what else? My best, loveliest friends are recovered people or people who never drank much to begin with. They are the kindest, funniest, most fabulous

You know...just like you

Xx
Awwwwwww.....squooshy hugs so you can't breathe.......and you go baby and have a wonderful weekend. Us sober dudes in Columbus are gonna have fun too. ♥♥♥
Old 02-16-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Close call but I'm here....count me in for another 24 please!
Old 02-16-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

00:57 - getting later every day. Happy weekend, everybody! 24
Old 02-16-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Awwwwwww.....squooshy hugs so you can't breathe.......and you go baby and have a wonderful weekend. Us sober dudes in Columbus are gonna have fun too. ♥♥♥
Yes! Have a great time up there!

You know, I was cleaning like a banshee and realized that I made some serious mistakes the last time I had long-term sobriety. A cleaning epiphany! Hahaha. That stretch of sobriety was absolutely brutal! I worked myself to death and didn’t prioritize my loved ones. I burned out. I didn’t allow for enough fun—it was punishing. It’s very hard work climbing out of that pit but repairing relationships beats all in importance I think. The one with ourselves, too. I allowed a couple people who were abusive into my life. That was some sort of punishment too. Like I didn’t deserve good people. I just was off-balance because I thought sobriety was about repentance. Yes, somewhat but how about building a life that I enjoy? So good to be on this path with you all.

PJ, I like your post today. Really good stuff—thanks for sharing.

It’s spring! Wow. Lawn is starting to green up and I hear the first coos of my nesting mourning dove. They love my yard, and the white-wings will show up next with their ‘who-cooks-for-you’ song. Beautiful. and cardinals after that. A month early.. Ok, I have my shorts on and the air conditioning on and let’s do this! Too early for the planting but in a couple weeks I will be out playing in the dirt.

Love

Red
Old 02-16-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
I’m in! I hope all of you have good sober day.
Congrats Jsm! Everyday is a celebration.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:40 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Okay guys! I've had such a wonderful afternoon! Took Melly and her bestie to the cinema to see The Greatest Showman. WOW! I simply loved it!
I thought of us gang at times. Misfits, outsiders.......together like a family!
Here's to all the bearded ladies and weirdos out there! Love you guys ❤❤❤
Love you back, Jo!
Old 02-16-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Nite nite to all you lovely folk.

Sweet Sober Dreams.

You all keep me sober.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Old 02-16-2018, 05:26 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Viking (I am actually watching a doco about those guys as I type), my words are hardly original- but sometimes we forget the basics. You are most welcome.

No charge.