Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 01-04-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 10

Wow it feels amazing to type that. I didn't think I'd make it this far when I started this. Now I'm looking forward to hitting 20 days. This site is really amazing, I am so glad I decided to join and not just look on from the outside. It really makes a difference when you share your struggles, problems, joys, and achievements with people who are going through or have been through the same situation. I definitely couldn't have made it this far without all of you.

I slept in today. School was canceled so no need to get up and put the kiddos on the bus. It felt nice to sleep in just because, not because my head was pounding.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. I do read all your posts and am rooting for everyone. 💖
Old 01-04-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Way to go skrappy! Don't let the av sneak up from behind.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:55 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Way to go skrappy! Don't let the av sneak up from behind.
Thanks Bobdrop!
I am being cautious. I know my AV can be a super sneaky a***ole and I definitely don't want to ruin this for myself and have to start over.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good to see everyone doin good went to store today and didn’t even go into the liquor store part bought a lot of healthy foods
Unfortunately living in a house with a spouse that drinks there is always alcohol in the house but doesn’t mean I have to drink!! I do have a wine rack and all the wine is mine so I decided to dump out 13 bottles I did keep one because it has a special meaning it was a gift and they past away but I’ll never open it just reminds me of them but it was a relief so every time I walk into the house that’s not the first thing I see I guess I’ll give the rack away or toss it
I’m finally getting out of the house and getting a break I decided to go skiing with 7 other friends haven’t seen them in awhile having a girls night out type thing and getting a cabin leave tonight and coming back Sunday Incase things go south I’m going to drive so I can leave when I want I’m pretty positive right now i plan on staying sober no reason to hit the repeat button and I’m getting close to double digits so I’m pumped thanks everyone if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have came this far
Old 01-04-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Good to see everyone doin good went to store today and didn’t even go into the liquor store part bought a lot of healthy foods
Unfortunately living in a house with a spouse that drinks there is always alcohol in the house but doesn’t mean I have to drink!! I do have a wine rack and all the wine is mine so I decided to dump out 13 bottles I did keep one because it has a special meaning it was a gift and they past away but I’ll never open it just reminds me of them but it was a relief so every time I walk into the house that’s not the first thing I see I guess I’ll give the rack away or toss it
I’m finally getting out of the house and getting a break I decided to go skiing with 7 other friends haven’t seen them in awhile having a girls night out type thing and getting a cabin leave tonight and coming back Sunday Incase things go south I’m going to drive so I can leave when I want I’m pretty positive right now i plan on staying sober no reason to hit the repeat button and I’m getting close to double digits so I’m pumped thanks everyone if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have came this far
Way to go Nicole. Dumping out the leftovers was a huge step. Have fun this weekend and stay sober. You've come this far and you can still have a blast without drinking. Hope to see you back here Sunday, telling us what a great time you had without drinking.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Way to go Nichole! You rock. Sounds like a fun weekend. I recommend hot cider. The kind in the packets is good. I’m rootin’ for ya! Have a wonderful time, and don’t forget how terrible it feels to have to start over.

Good job Skrappy! I felt the same way when I first started- wasn’t sure I’d keep going. I guess it was too much to think about quitting for good at that time. You’re doing great!

I’m on day 18. This is the longest I’ve gone. I feel good. I think my mind was protecting itself and not letting me think much about anything other than sobriety for the first while- in the past couple days I’ve started to be able to think about my life a bit, and my future plans, etc. It just so happens the MBSR course I took a couple years ago will be having another course starting tonight. Im going to go to the first class, and I’m pretty sure I’ll commit to doing the full 8 weeks again. I think I’ll get a lot more out of it sober (I used to drink before meditation class- hah!)

Okay everyone, I hope you’re enjoying the day. Thanks for being here. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:35 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Really pleased for you Nichole!
Old 01-04-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Smile

Magpie!♡
Old 01-04-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Magpie!♡
Hey there Chloe! Hope you’re well! Glad to see you sober! Haha, someone I used know would say that to me as a joke. Too bad it wasn’t true- he didn’t know it. I truly am glad to ‘see’ you though! ❤️❤️
Old 01-04-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Just checking in.

Glad everyone is doing well!

Nicole - that's a huge step dumping that wine, congratulations! Have a great trip!
Old 01-04-2018, 01:55 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning all,

The throw out is a good move Nichole. I can't have any in the house when sober living. And enjoy the weekend.....

Great to see everybody starting to accumulate some time now....
There's a singer here, who had a song called "Everybody wants to arrive, but nobody wants to travel" Think of the title occasionally....ppl drinking that want to be sober, just want to be there, at that point, without the travel.

But that is missing the point I think. The travelling to being sober is good, not always easy, but its quite a ride. And I'm not sure if you ever finally 'arrive' anyway.

So, here's to another day's travel.
Day 40 here.
Later...
Old 01-04-2018, 02:05 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Daisy

D
Old 01-04-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Optimist, I find it interesting that so many asked about finding my laptop. Yes I did, but I was sure I would hear a lot of similar stories. My wife has found empty bottles stashed behind books or in drawers or behind the washer or whatever for years. Oh, btw-she made it 1 day of trying to stop with me. On my own again. I appreciate the thought though.
I have a similar story. I was packing this summer to go on vacation and when I opened a zipper in my suitcase, I found 3 little wine bottles and have no clue when I put them there!
Old 01-04-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
Well it’s day 6 I made it through the cravings !!!
Thanks canguy!!!
I’m really tired and weak feeling..it’s almost 2am these sleepless nights are starting to get to me
I took a different approach to my cravings and overwhelmed feeling sometimes it’s best to let your body naturally heal it’s self I broke down and cried and oddly enough everything passed I hate how much control my addictions have still and how I have zero control over them but I’m still sober and here so it’s a win win
Feeling emotions reminds me how real this is and how dangerous alcohol/ drugs really are
Oh, Nichole...

Awesome job on riding it out!!!!!!

I know my anxiety is at an all time high when I stop drinking. It usually lasts a couple of weeks, but it seems every feeling, sound and sight is amplified. Makes me crazy.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Day 33

I feel:
  • better and better as every single day goes by.
  • like I am present in my life again.
  • like I'm moving forwards and not paralysed by obsession, booze, shame and fear.
  • grateful for my sobriety.
  • grateful for your support and companionship on this journey.

I will not drink today.

Regards,

JT
I'm very proud of you, Tony!
Old 01-04-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skrappy View Post
Day 10

Wow it feels amazing to type that. I didn't think I'd make it this far when I started this. Now I'm looking forward to hitting 20 days. This site is really amazing, I am so glad I decided to join and not just look on from the outside. It really makes a difference when you share your struggles, problems, joys, and achievements with people who are going through or have been through the same situation. I definitely couldn't have made it this far without all of you.

I slept in today. School was canceled so no need to get up and put the kiddos on the bus. It felt nice to sleep in just because, not because my head was pounding.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. I do read all your posts and am rooting for everyone. 💖
10 Days!!!

Old 01-04-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magpie82 View Post
I’m on day 18. This is the longest I’ve gone. I feel good. I think my mind was protecting itself and not letting me think much about anything other than sobriety for the first while- in the past couple days I’ve started to be able to think about my life a bit, and my future plans, etc. It just so happens the MBSR course I took a couple years ago will be having another course starting tonight. Im going to go to the first class, and I’m pretty sure I’ll commit to doing the full 8 weeks again. I think I’ll get a lot more out of it sober (I used to drink before meditation class- hah!)

Okay everyone, I hope you’re enjoying the day. Thanks for being here. Keep up the good work.
18 Days!

Old 01-04-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I want to quit my job.

I had a drinking problem before I started this job, but the stress of it is killing me. The stress comes from me. It’s a great job, the best money I’ve ever made, and my boss is happy with me. Last evaluation was excellent. I can’t hardly believe that I’ve been holding it together, (or at least appearing as though I am) since I got it a couple years ago.

The problem is I don’t feel good enough for it- I mean that truly. I don’t think I’m qualified to do at least part of what the job entails. The idea was that since there’re plenty of training opportunities I’d get up to snuff soon enough. Well, that’s a lot of pressure for someone who doesn’t handle pressure well. And drinking really became worse after I got the job. My life has consisted only of work and drinking the past couple years, and it’s really caught up with me.

I have a degree in fine art and I’m in an engineering assistant position. I fell into this field by chance. I’m extremely fortunate I was able to continue working and progressing despite my drinking over the last 10 years. I know I’m lucky. And I feel ****** about complaining. But I can’t live like this forever.

I’m going to quit as soon as I can. Pay off some debt, move up north, and hopefully be a farmer. Let my creativity blossom again too. (Sounds a little hippie dippie, I know.) Maybe pick up a part time job if need be, but I want to be free of this kind of life. I feel like it’s a waste. I’m 35 and hopefully I still have a bit of life to live where I feel happy, healthy, sober, present, and content. I guess that’s what everyone wants. And I guess that’s also part of how I came to drink- feeling like this isn’t the life I want to live. Sorry for complaining!

What does everyone else want? Dee started the weekender thread by saying “be who you want to be”. I guess it got me thinking, and since I feel close to you all, I wonder who you all want to be.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm a big believer in be who you want to be - but I also know I was a million different people in my first 3 months.

After that I got a pretty good handle on who I was, and then on what I wanted.

I think 'no sudden movements' is pretty good general advice for early recovery, unless the status quo is really endangering your sobriety?

D
Old 01-04-2018, 04:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Magpie-I'm about to have dinner right now, but I can't wait to jump in on this one. Be back soon.