Notices

Class of December 2017 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 01-02-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LFCNZ View Post
Hi, day 25 here, fist sober day was Dec 9th.
Me too, LFCNZ!
Old 01-02-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm doing okay, thanks for asking BobDrop! I'm off to work now. Just a little hard getting back into the routine after a nice long vacation. Can't believe it's over already!! Oh well, time for some new routines. Day 4.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello! I’d like to join this group/thread. I’m Daisy, live in the US, am a single mom to a toddler, and have been sober for 8 days. I’m feeling great and hopeful and excited about what I think is going to be a true breakthrough year for me in various ways. I appreciate any support you all can provide in this journey!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Daisy and welcome Great to have you here
Old 01-02-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome to the Dec.2017 Class, Daisy!
Glad to have you join us! Congrats on 8 days!
Old 01-02-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

OK Decembers, went back to work after 10 days off. After getting there, I went to pull my laptop out of the bag, and OMG, it wasn't there. What was where it should have been was an empty rum bottle. Hope I don't have anymore surprises like that one.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh no bobdrop! That is an unpleasant surprise. Hopefully the last of those.

Welcome Daisy!

Thank you for sharing JustTony. Really great insights.

Well, I guess I'll begin by filling you all in with the latest on my Christmas drama/nightmare. I got a message from my niece Steph demanding an apology because she heard that I had sent a mass message out to everyone else apologizing. (I would have messaged her first but she blocked me which is understandable.) So I apologized for the way I spoke to her and her fiance. Told her I handle the situation poorly and I should've been more mature and tactful. That I was truly sorry for ruining her day. She pretty much told me she's mature and it's her life.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skrappy View Post
Oh no bobdrop! That is an unpleasant surprise. Hopefully the last of those.

Welcome Daisy!

Thank you for sharing JustTony. Really great insights.

Well, I guess I'll begin by filling you all in with the latest on my Christmas drama/nightmare. I got a message from my niece Steph demanding an apology because she heard that I had sent a mass message out to everyone else apologizing. (I would have messaged her first but she blocked me which is understandable.) So I apologized for the way I spoke to her and her fiance. Told her I handle the situation poorly and I should've been more mature and tactful. That I was truly sorry for ruining her day. She pretty much told me she's mature and it's her life.
Sorry my phone sent before I was done. Anyways to make a long story shorter, she has decided to stop coming for holidays to anyone's house because no one seems happy for her. She blames me. I told her I loved her and was worried for her, and If she every needed me I'd be there. And that was that.
The amazing thing through this, is that my AV never once kicked in. I hope she will realize one day how much her whole family and I care for her. But in the end she has to make her own decisions.

I went and joined a gym today. Took an aerobics class. It really feels good to get moving. I may hit the weight room tomorrow. Planned my meals, mostly vegetarian and fish. Really looking forward to this year.
Thanks for listening and for all the support.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Skrappy........my opinion, you handled all that so well. Poor girl (your niece), I hope she will come to her senses soon.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you've had a difficult time Skrappy but sounds like you handled it really well. It's her decision to not visit anyone, not yours - sounds like she's throwing her toys out of the pram a little bit maybe? Perhaps she's not as mature as she thinks she is. You've done all you can to repair the situation and great stuff not drinking over it.

Hope that's the last of the surprises bob
Old 01-02-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So I’m tried of setting on my hand and slowly watching the time go trying to make it I know why I end up drinking around this time because with alcohol gone there is an empty spot in my life I need to replace with something healthy so I’m going to start an action plan today, work on recovery and call doctors tomorrow I refuse to put myself through hell again glad to see everyone posting we can do this keep your head up
Old 01-02-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

you will need some new things to do, Nichole. some kind of project....might seem pretty 'duh' to start with, but it only has to be a distraction at first.

That's a story about the laptop base, Bob. Hope u found the lap tho... Skrappy, you did well with the family issue. All you can do now is stand back and watch it play out.

So,.... here we are in the new venue. Holiday season done....Looks like we managed it ok, I think. I'm still running along, days mount up, tho they are getting a bit same same at the moment so may have to break the routine with something different.

Hi and welcome Daisy.
Later,
Old 01-02-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I’m here and sober

Hi Decembers!

I haven’t posted lately because we were out of town over the holiday weekend. But, wait for it... I made it through NY without drinking! Day 16 for me, which means I’m one day shy of the last time I quit in October. I’m feeling pretty optimistic it’ll stick this time- just need to keep checking in here for support. Everyone posting, even if it’s just a brief check-in helps me a lot. So thank you to everyone!

Nichole- 4 days is awesome. Like I said before, my strategy was to just hunker down and not do anything I didn’t feel like doing other than not drink. Might not be the best strategy, but I got through the earlier days that way. You can do it!

Good work skrappy! I’m glad you were at least able to regain your integrity by speaking your truth without the booze. All you can do. I bet we’ve all been there. I’m glad you’re here with us.

Yay bobdrop! Day 3 is awesome work. Sorry about finding the rum bottle. Good reminder why you’re quitting. I have nightmares about things like that. I’ve drank and driven in a work rig before. Makes me cringe just typing that. When I started mixing booze and work, I realized a major line was being crossed.

ChloeRose63, glad your still here checking in!

Welcome Daisy! Strength to you to get through the early days.

Good job Juno on day 4! You can do this.

Awesome job optimist and LGCNZ on day 25! I hope I get there too.

Great work johndoe! Day 6 was almost out of the fuzz for me. Working out is something I’d like to start this week. Seems to be helping a number of people.

Way to get through New Years lovehoops!

JustTony- thanks for all your inspiring words! Good job on 31 days! That’s a big milestone. I hope I can find my motivation for all the things I love that were sent to the back burner while drinking. It’s a slower process for me I think.

Hope you’re doing well today Barbs- I’ve certainly been irritable at times throughout this time of recovery. Better than drunk and angry for me! Keep it up- you’re doing great.

Sweetichick- I’m glad you’re here. Day 6 is awesome! Keep it up.

Emme- wahoo on 29 days! You’re an inspiration.

Strawberry- a whole week! Nice job! I’m still having a hard time getting off the sofa at times I tell myself, sober lazy is better than being drunk lazy. I think some of us need extra downtime in recovery.

Okay, I think that’s everyone. Chime in if you’ve been missed. I’m so glad you’re all here. Let’s keep up this sober business!
Old 01-02-2018, 01:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi canguy! Glad to see you’re still here too! I’m in the same boat needing to switch things up. I feel like not drinking is becoming easier and not requiring all of my effort. Paralysis is beginning to thaw a bit. I hope anyway. I’d like to start a routine of qigong. Harness the universes energy. Hah! I’ll let you all know how that goes.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Juno, I was looking at your pic on the side. Looks alot like Florida. Hope getting back to work wasn't too stressful.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi all, gonna keep this short but sweet....

BobDrop - I believe the photo is of California. I googled Venice Beach and that was one the photos that came up that spoke to me! However, I love Florida AND California. Most of my vacations involve one of those two states! It's so cold here in the Nation's capital, as it is most places in the country right now!!

Magpie - thanks for the nice encouragement. You're doing great!

Barbs - hope you got some yoga in

I had a pretty good day getting back to work today, but am now stressed because my 14 year old apparently thought it was a good idea to drag his issues into the new year. I never understood why kids can't embrace the concept of self-improvement! They just keep doing what they're doing. So negativity has followed me into 2018, but I'm not drinking. No way, never. Hope I can spark some new positivity tomorrow. It's a new day (without a hangover!)
Old 01-02-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Skrappy

yeah it might take her a little time to get over it - but if the relationship goes the way you think it might that will help reconciliation.

D
Old 01-02-2018, 04:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

A little more

Skrappy: that sounds like a really tense and difficult family situation. I think you handled it well!

Daisy: welcome!

BobDrop: I had to laugh a little about your laptop being replaced by an empty rum bottle. I know it’s not funny - hope you found your laptop! I once found an empty wine bottle inside a suitcase!! What was I thinking?!#!
Old 01-02-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Nicole- I've found myself doing anything to keep busy. I cleaned out my closet, rearranged the attic, my kids and i must've made almost 150 cookies on New Years. It's been working and I've gotten a lot of things done that I had been meaning to do before but the booze got in the way.

Good to see your still with us Magpie. Congratulations on day 16.

Hang in there Juno. Teenagers are a difficult species.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx View Post
So I’m tried of setting on my hand and slowly watching the time go trying to make it I know why I end up drinking around this time because with alcohol gone there is an empty spot in my life I need to replace with something healthy so I’m going to start an action plan today, work on recovery and call doctors tomorrow I refuse to put myself through hell again glad to see everyone posting we can do this keep your head up
Nichole, I have now reconnect with two non-drinking friends and it’s been really therapeutic. Friends who didn’t fit into my social scene of constant social drinking (and eventual blackouts and regretted actions on a regular basis). Sadly, I saw those friendships falling apart but I didn’t care as I was all consumed with my drinking world and drinking friends. Feel like having these two people back in my life is a godsend. Just wanted to share that as it’s been a helpful way to replace the time I’ve spent with alcohol.