Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 60

Old 05-29-2018, 10:04 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

^^^^
Old 05-30-2018, 01:51 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I went horse riding recently for the first time in 40 years. Allergies had kept me away, but as other allergies had receded, I decided to try and I was fine. I loved being on horseback again and rode again last visit to Spain.

Badge those pictures are wonderful, I’m glad you managed to listen to your RV rather than your AV! I hear you on the first night, there were certain situations, where taking ad rink was almost a ritual for me; example, after a game of golf, hubby & I would always have a pint of Guinness. The first few games into recovery were strange, I felt almost like I hadn’t put a full stop at the end, and my AV was shrieking at me. Now I am happy to drink my fizzy water.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

good morning all;

Aly- no more horses for me, They gave me the opportunity to travel the US and meet some great people, but finances and life changes made me leave them behind. Now I have dogs and a husband, sometimes I question the trade,,,,

Thank you Purps, how is life treating you?? All Good?

Toots- After I got home I realized how little I really thought about drinking throughout the week, I had one moment of anxiety when husband mentioned that my stepson and wife may come, AV started shrieking and I began panicking, (wife and I hate each other) they didn't come and my attack only lasted a few moments. The best part was not sneaking into the tent all the time to dig into the wine stash! I don't know how I actually fooled myself into thinking that no one else thought that my behavior was a little on the strange side,,,,

badge
Old 05-30-2018, 01:36 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Hope every one is well today. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and have a great day! You all are great!
Love, Aly ♥♥♥
Old 05-30-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Just one more thing...
It has been 100 out for the last two days. All of a sudden today, it's supposed to be in the 70's, which I kind of doubt, it's so cold and windy. It plays havoc with my head, headaches, when the weather changes like this, so crazy. Oh well, I'll enjoy the cold. I think very shortly it is going to become very hot.
Thanks ! Aly ♥♥♥
Old 05-30-2018, 11:40 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Wow that’s some weather Aly, no wonder your brain is confused! It’s a cold mist drifting around here today, I’m hoping it will clear into sunshine later as it has most the week.

Badge, yes difficult situations, such as spending time with someone you don’t like would definitely trigger me. Well done on not giving in, and for enjoying the holiday without a drink.
I promise there does come a time when you realise you are enjoying your new life more and more, and thinking about alcohol less and less
Old 05-31-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Badger - nice to read your camping trip went well.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-31-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hi All!

@Badgerden: Thank you for sharing some lovely photos and well done on enjoying camping without drinking. I bet you enjoyed the experience so much more without the fog and grogginess of a hangover each morning!

@Alysheba: I am so sorry you are experiencing the added medical challenges of hernias, that must be awful. I agree that a lot of people on here seem to struggle with weight, and the alcohol/weight link seems to be a common theme in many respects. It's nice to know that others are experiencing similar challenges, and know that we can all support one another on this journey. I'm learning that health and sobriety have to come first, and hopefully weight loss will follow in due course.

@Toots: That is so awesome that you've gotten back in the saddle!! Will it be a regular thing from now on in?

Wow I love that there is such a horsey contingent on here!! This is music to my ears!! I rode from the age of 6 pretty regularly (every week and then more on school holidays) and always dreamed of owning my own. I fell out of it a bit once I started college and over the last 10 years (I'm 28 now) I've ridden just a handful of times a year, but I am getting back into it regularly and hope to finally buy my own horse by the end of the year the excitement for which I cannot even express through the medium of the written word! I won't be competing or anything like that, just buying a slightly older gelding for hacking and light recreational jumping! Any tips for first time ownership/purchasing would be HUGELY appreciated! I am of course taking my time and seeking wisdom from the more seasoned horsey peeps at the stables in which I currently ride as I fully understand the commitment and expense involved.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:53 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you can stay cool Aly

have a good weekend guys

D
Old 05-31-2018, 09:11 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I'm doing well today. Thanks for letting me post and release.
New Chapter, I've raised, trained, bred and have had horses most of my life, but not now. PM me and I'd be happy to answer any questions, etc. that you have. Your avatar is cute.

You all have a great day. Thank you for your support so much. It's really helped.

Love, Aly ♥♥♥
Old 05-31-2018, 11:31 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I’m glad you’re having a better day Aly, and please post as often as you feel like, I love checking in here and seeing a new post!

NC, I will probably make time for a ride when ever we go to Spain, so about 6 times a year just now. We do have a stables near us in the U.K. which I might check out once my currently hectic life gets to slow down a bit over the next few weeks.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:04 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Thanks, Toots! You're always so encouraging.

I hope you get to ride. Right now, after spending years with horses, I have incident to get to know, so don't be afraid to ask.

Love, Aly ♥♥♥
Old 06-01-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Happy Friday all!!

Purp- Check in please, I miss hearing of your adventures.

Helen- How is life treating you? wonderfully I do hope!

I have a dilemma, okay 2 actually, #1- what to have for dinner tonight,, made a chicken/shrimp stir fry last night,,, maybe the other white meat tonight... pork.

#2- and this is kind of a school yard type thing but maybe I can get advice. There is an event that I have ask a former co-worker if she would be interested in going with me, now she is also friends with my currant self absorbed co worker. The 3 of us used to hang together, those 2 more than me, but anyway. I feel obligated to invite the SOCW, because of this. even though the last thing I want to do is spend a day with her and her drama. I know the girl I invited will tell SOCW about it and she has the same interests, and that will lead to gawd knows what kind of hassles at work. Like I said this makes feel like I am 12 again, should I? shouldn't I invite her,,,,, thoughts?

badge
Old 06-01-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hey Badge ~ "When in doubt, don't" ~ Not sure if that helps

Thanks for asking.....I've been trying to stay close to the Soberbus and the Weekender thread because I've been slipping on the weekends lately trying to moderate. Hoping this time I'll be able to resist the AV later tonight while I'm at work.

Thanks everyone for being here
Old 06-01-2018, 10:18 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

(((Purp))) That shows how aware you are. Good idea to stay close. Good vibes going out to you!

Aly ♥♥♥
Old 06-01-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Thanks so much @Alysheba, I will take you up on that kind offer! Had a great lesson today working on some simple flatwork and light jumping. feels so good to be back in the saddle! I'll be joining a weekly group class next Thursday, and continuing with my private lessons on Fridays for that extra precision.

@Toots: That's awesome - please share your equestrian adventure tales with us when you do get riding!

@Badgerden: That's a tough dilemma re: co workers. I think it's usually always best to be the bigger person and extend the invite to all parties, so as to avoid any drama over 'exclusion'. However, I don't really know the full background here, so if this person truly is a negative presence and you guys have explicitly severed ties, then you are within your rights not to have to invite anyone to simply please the crowd. Sometimes we have to put our own well being and enjoyment first and just deal with any fallout that may result. I know that's not much help - sorry!

@Purplrks: Hi there! Keep posting and stay close to whichever forums help you to stay on track over the weekend!
Old 06-01-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Living the life

Hi folks.

Hi Badge! I've been away on holiday visiting relatives in the UK. Had a great time and kept my sobriety.

Having said that, AV raised it's ugly head big time a couple of days ago. I'm not sure why, and I squashed it back, but it's been awhile so it really took me by surprise. When I woke up yesterday I felt the familiar dread from when I woke up after drinking after telling myself I wouldn't. Then I realized that I DIDN'T drink, and I felt such an amazing sense of relief. Whew! Feel like I dodged a bullet.

So for those of you struggling, I think we all struggle from time to time. But the feeling you get when you overcome the AV is SO worth the effort.

Have a good one everyone
Old 06-01-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hi @HelenofTroy,

I'm glad you had a great trip and thanks for sharing your AV struggles. It definitely seems to pop up every now and then, even after a period of calm and strength. It serves as a good reminder to us all, at any stage of sobriety, to stay vigilant and not become complacent. We must always have our toolkit sharpened and at the ready for surprise attacks of the AV!

How amazing is that sense of relief though? I have had some dreams lately in which I drink and wake up (in the dream) with a hangover, and a crushing feeling of guilt and shame, and the feeling of relief when I actually wake up and realise it was just a dream is incredible. A solid reminder of why I am on this path.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back Helen
Have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 06-01-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Badge, that is a tough one. I would be tempted to say don’t invite. It’s possible the other worker gets fed up of the dramas too. But more than that, it’s not up to you to try to please everyone. If the invited one strongly suggests it or the third one mentions it, maybe reconsider. I chose not to spend time around negative people these days, avoiding them where possible.