Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 60

Old 07-07-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Kachal, first off, congrats on ten months! Second, YES! Freedom is definitely the first word I associate now with sobriety. Recovery is tough, no doubt and all the ‘firsts’ can be really difficult, but absolutely, the freedom from everything you mentioned above is exhilarating. Enjoy your break, and stick around a while, it’s lovely to see you!

Stronger, 10 months too! Great going. Hows life?

Badge, I used to call hubby early in the evening to get that out the way. I had a lot of ‘headaches’ and ‘stomach aches’ (read hungover to heck and back) I never missed work through it as I on,y worked part time and could just about work through, but my co-workers and patients ( I worked at an optometrists) must have smelled the booze coming out my pores. It certainly makes more sense why your coworker got overlooked for the promotion if the bosses know she has drinking issues. Could your past issues have had the same effect? Do you think they knew about your drinking? Do they know that you are now sober? Perhaps something for you to think about and decide if you need to speak to someone at work about?

Purp, how are you doing my friend?

Aly, hows things with you this week?
Old 07-07-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Yes congrats to both Kachal and Stronger! I'm having a hard time imagining 10 days at this point, let alone 10 months! Nicely done and very inspiring!

Hanging in there, so far so good.....working on my first sober weekend in a while....Saturday morning about to make a 2nd cup of coffee and staring down a pile of laundry....but no hangover so that sounds like a good start to me!
Old 07-07-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Any day without a hangover is a good day Purps! glad you started it with us!

Toots- No worries regarding my workplace and drinking. I always kept my binges strickley to my days off, I never drank during my work week, the big boss is of a religion that looks down upon alcohol and users of same big time. One thing I was terrified of was getting a DUII, oh my gosh, getting hauled in to your place of work, cuffed, stuffed and strip searched,,,, shudder,,,,,,

Plus I have gotten to a sober phase of I am now telling people I have stopped drinking and have gotten such positive responses that i wonder why I was so worried about telling them before?

Badge
Old 07-07-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Great to see everyone doing so well. I haven't had too much to report, things are going pretty much the same, except I have noticed I have been so, so tired. I almost feel like I have to take a nap every day. Other than that, staying sober and reading all of your great posts. Thank you. Love you all, Aly ♥
Old 07-07-2018, 11:16 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Not much to report here either....at least laundry is done.....the AV likes to strike around 3pm Saturday lately, and there's an AA Meditation at 3:00 today....coincidence? I'm planning on heading over there in a little bit.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good for you Purps!!
Old 07-07-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Sharing a sober Saturday sunset from my walk earlier....Thanks everyone!

Old 07-08-2018, 01:41 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

That looks sublime Purps
Old 07-08-2018, 09:30 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Gorgeous pic!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

So I "treated" myself to a Sunday Funday trip to Big Cat Habitat today.....$20.00 ticket and less than 10 miles from here...funny how it still cost a lot less than getting drunk all weekend!

This is one of the Bengal Tigers
Old 07-08-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Purps,
Thanks for the great pic. What a really fun way to spend a day. Maybe I'll do something like that on one of my free days. Great idea, that just sounds so fun.
Aly ♥
Old 07-08-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

It was really cool....I posted more pics in the Weekender Thread if anyone wants to check it out
Old 07-09-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

I love your pics and the area that you are in Purps, you are so lucky and blessed, and we are the same for knowing you, thank you.

My poor trainee, yesterday our residence decided it was time to give him his baptism of fire (so to speak). they are all like 3rd graders with a substitute teacher, testing the waters, see what they can get away with, try to make a fool of him. He did really well all in all, no one can prepare you for what they put you through. The best part was they didn't realize I was there, they thought he was on his own, HA! One person crossed the line big time, started cursing at him, trying to prove dominance,,,,, lets just say the Badger came out of her hole, claws unsheathed at that point. Apologies were made, not sincere, but made just the same. I do not tolerate disrespect on any level to anyone. My poor trainee was rather rattled, went outside for some fresh air, myself in the meantime was still trying to decide if I wanted above person to continue living or not, still haven't decided.

Take care Undies we got this!!

Badge
Old 07-09-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Good of you to defend your trainee, Badge!

I can recall getting that "baptism of fire" by being tested at work...then I was able to recognize the behavior a mile away so I put my boundaries up....so much that at the next job I received a different kind of "fire".....I hope there's an in-between somewhere....
Old 07-09-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-61-a.html (One Year and Under Club Part 61)

D