Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 306

Old 10-23-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Nick and I were up till all hours....gosh, 4am I think laughing this morning.

The Innocent Biscuit became the tale of a wronged cookie, accused of soiling himself in public (in a cup of tea). Of course, the true culprit was a tim tam....specifically an Adriano Zumbo red velvet tim tam. As any Aussie knows, those biscuits have become an endangered species. They will do anything to save themselves.

So how does an innocent biscuit prove its innocence? I dunno....it's a crummy position to be in.

PS. Sobriety freaking rocks....I am so happy. And getting very creative again. Writing, drawing, taking photos...there is no end to what I can do.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi all.. some what of a good weekend..
weather was Gold Star great.....
Eddie Lee had all the cars at the track lots of people racing one last time.. he had a ball..
I slept a bunch meds are working on the infection. woot woot.. but have such a buzzing in my right side of my head... ekekekke asnswer that door. hahahhaha
Moose has opt'd out of the Army.. cannot keep up with the PT required.. sad. he is now back to looking for a job... My kid the Moose.. he just keeps trying..
Mike is somewhat better they took the feeding tube out of his nose and have had to up the liquid meds to his heart.. Poor Carol... just don't know what to tell her .. but love them both so much.....

I am ok .. needed the rest on Sat.. infection will be gone soon and then the teeth on the 7th.... I am in for another 24 hours.. to many counting on me day to day.. never give up ..... I don't like it its too easy.. hahah love the lines from Galaxy Quest movie...
Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

that Is so funny. sorry love ardy...
Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Oooooh..... Another Brit ... Yay !!! Us Stiff Upper Lips are outnumbered on here.. We need more of us to educate our Worldwide friends on the art of standing in a queue, making proper tea... and why cucumber sandwiches rock !!
Wait until Jojo finds out you're a Northerner.. You'll be ganging up on me about whether the milk goes first in tea... and how to say " scone". !!
And don't even think about mentioning Marmite...
Have a great evening. xxxP.
More British fun
Old 10-23-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
"At the end of the day what really matters is that your loved ones are well, you've done your best and that you're thankful for all you have."

6:15am in Alberta, it's going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Another 24 for me please, and thanks...
Amen
Old 10-23-2017, 10:50 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cascabel View Post
Another beautiful desert morning here; cool and starry. It is 5:27 am in SE Arizona and I'm here for another sober day.
Just love those desert morning

Cascabel
Old 10-23-2017, 10:51 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ardy View Post
that Is so funny. sorry love ardy...
Love you sweetheart.
Take care of you honey.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Here's the Brave Girl (and Guy!) post for today. I loved it and hope it helps others today. We are all Brave. Let's keep doing this!

Your daily truth from the Brave Girls Club...
Dear Seeking Soul,

Life is meant to be joyful.

When we allow our worries or challenges to consume all of our thoughts, all of our vision, all of our energy, to suck up all of our joy, all of our heart, all of our goodness, we are not letting anything else in our life have its place or its time.

Often we focus on a problem or an issue (or even allowing someone else to do it)...until it grows so big that we cannot see all of the other things in our lives that exist around it, behind it, above it, below it.

Dear friend, beautiful soul, take that worry from in front of your face so that you can see the people who love you, the way things keep working out, the way the sun rises each morning. Hear the sounds of your life, taste the tastes of your life, remember the things you have already learned and made it through. Remember how you want to feel and where you want to be.

Pick it up and deal with it as needed, but then put it back down and LIVE YOUR LIFE. Life is meant to be joyful.

You are so loved. There is a better way. Always go where the peace is.

xoxo
Bump!!!!

💚💜💚💜💚💜💚💜💚💜💚💜💚💜
Old 10-23-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Goodness me! One busy day and I've had to speed read about 10 pages! This thread is alive!!!!!!!
Didn't actually check in for my 24 this morning (the voovoos distracted me hahahaha!) so I'll just do it now.......24 please!!!!!
Aah ha!!!!!! Downthepath welcome! Pebbles was right I'm thrilled to see another northern soul round here! Whip these southern softies into sober shape!!!!! (although I do love my Pebbles)
My parents and sister arrived this afternoon so we are officially full! It's so lovely to see them and at last put work down for a few days.
Loads of love and take care all xxxxxxx
Old 10-23-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Downthepath View Post
I guess you're a Southerner, Pebbles. I normally wouldn't associate with your sort, but in the face of such overwhelming numbers, I don't think we have a choice. ;-)
My brother has Whatsapped me today suggesting that I have a drink because (in his words) I obviously haven't given up for good, so there's no point depriving myself and making myself unhappy.
To be fair, I've lived on another continent for the last 12 years, so he doesn't know that I'm an alcoholic, or that I've given up for good.
When your brother says "You obviously haven't given up for good", smile and think to yourself "Oh yeah, just watch me".

I made a little post-it of that when I entered recovery. It was clipped to a magnet on my fridge.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Back from Court. All went well hearing is Jan 22nd and looking like it will be District but Circuit is held in the same building but will know tomorrow.

The delay is the guys medical report which they are having a problem locating. So have a good Halloween and Christmas and get this out of the way in the new year.

I dunno what sort of guy my Solicitor had standing in for him hair all fixed look like something out of Miami Vice Thanks for the best wished today
So glad that it went well, Neo!
Old 10-23-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheadoreThiamin View Post
Here's to 24 more.

Slept better last night and have an abundance of energy today. Time to start building up the excersise again.

Congrats to milestones and everyone else. Hope you all have a good day.

14:31
Sounds very good, TheadoreThiamin
Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Oh wow.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Good morning SR world

24 more for this soul

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.

—D. H. Lawrence

Sometimes when we feel sorry for ourselves we will sit alone in our bedroom. We may even feel so down in the dumps that we decide to stay there, indulging in self-pity, thinking about how the world is against us.

However, if we use our imagination to step outside our own point of view for a moment, we might think differently. If we were deer in the forest, we would be thinking about keeping safe from the wolves, and where our next meal would be coming from.

The animals have no time to feel sorry for themselves, they are too busy doing what has to be done to survive, and each thing that happens presents a new survival problem to be solved.

When we feel blue, it helps to keep this in mind. If we have the time to feel down, and can get physically comfortable while doing it, how bad can the problem really be?

In what ways is my life comfortable, easy, and full of love?
Those lovely wild creatures!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Um....there are 20 people here right now.....hi everyone....come join us.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Muffin2 View Post
First 24 hours for me (again ...)
Welcome, Muffin; very glad you joined us.

Day 1; it's where the magic of sobriety and recovery is allowed to begin.

Stay close.

Lean on us, Muffin.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Funny moment today a police officer came out into the waiting room and two friends where waiting to be called up and the police said to one of them are you a certain person the fella turned and said to him I can be anything you want me to be The police officer just turned and walked away the two friends laughing and the police officer looked at them like you two little S***s
Old 10-23-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
Good morning everyone! I’m in.

Neoo, I’m stil confident it will all work out for the best!

Congrats to the celebrants and all who are here today,
Good afternoon to you, jsm.

Power on!!!!
Old 10-23-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DreamCatcher17 View Post
I made it another 24 hours, and I am on day 30 Here's to many more 24s, god willing!
DreamCatcher
Old 10-23-2017, 11:09 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree View Post
Gratefully asking for 24 more
FaithfulAndFree - 1 week