Old 09-29-2019, 06:07 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, I'm glad things are looking up Nands

Hey Kenton!

D
Old 09-29-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hi Dee!! Thanks again for all you do. Sometimes I see posts you need to post when threads are getting a little heated and I think, ' Thank goodness we have Dee!' It's such a tough line to walk.... Compassionate and no nonsense. Fair play to you Dee - and thank you xxxx

Nands! Sounds like things are going really great! I'm so happy to hear it. Congrats on your sober time and for getting so much stuff sorted out. You're doing amazing. All good with me. The kids are doing great. I'm biased, I know but they really are great kids. My eldest is an incredible cook. And she's also awesome at computer science. She's studying food preparation and computer science at school and she's so good at both, it's like we have an in-house IT department/chef!! My eldest son is at high school now and doing so well, despite his dyslexia. He's incredible at maths and still obsessed with animals. His goal is still to get cheetahs off the endangered list. He's a brilliant boy. My youngest daughter was made house captain on Friday!! And there was serious competition for the role. She's incredibly artistic and creative and at 10 years old is one of the youngest reiki masters in the UK!! And my youngest son has decided he wants to be an actor when he grows up so he had his first performing arts class after school on Friday. It was full of really big characters and he didn't know anyone and he looked so small and scared but he stuck it out and I'm so proud of him. He says he definitely wants to go back next week. So, I feel very proud and very blessed and almost not worthy to have these incredible people in my life and I'm so determined that I'm going to be the best mum I can be. Our neighbours are still our neighbours unfortunately but to be honest, they haven't caused us any new problems for ages. Dee asked me a good question about a year ago. He asked why I'm still letting my neighbours live rent free in my mind. After that, I decided to evict them from my mind and now I barely think about them. Even when I see them, they don't gain access to my mind. Soooo great to hear from you again Nands. As you can see, I'm still the same. Still writing a million words when 20 would suffice! Wishing you a wonderful day xxxxx
Old 09-29-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words Kenton

D
Old 09-30-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

I have to meet with the project manager(for the flooring, doors, etc) I'm finding it hard to trust that the work will get done and the price won't change...

I'm not feeling very connected in my AA groups....I think I'll connect better with my old friends from SR
Old 09-30-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Hi Nands! I hear you re the anxiety .... Worrying that the work will get done and the price won't change etc. At the moment, I'm struggling a lot with anxiety. But I don't think it's new. I think this is all old fear that's been there forever and I've now got to a point where it's really freaking obvious!!! A few years of not being drowned out by alcohol and now the anxiety is front and centre of my attention. Tomorrow I'm going to see a counsellor. I think I've identified what's wrong with me. Childhood emotional neglect. I wasn't beaten or starved as a kid but my feelings never mattered. I didn't matter. And it turns out that's left some fairly deep wounds. I feel like I'm going through a difficult stage of healing. I keep going through this difficult stage of healing and I think I need some help to get to the other side. So I'm going to speak to someone tomorrow and see if they're the right person to help me. I don't expect someone to wave a magic wand and free me of my anxiety but if someone can point me in the right direction, so I can try to get my fear under control.... Well, I'm going to give it my best shot.

Hope the meeting with the project manager goes well. Let me know how you get on xxxx
Old 09-30-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

I can't believe they want to start on Wednesday! I forgot that all the closet floors have to be clear …… more boxes of stufffff

I don't understand how they could possibly clear a room to work on as there is so much stuff boxed up to get out of the wway….now instead of stuff to get out of the way, they have boxes that are in the way...

I've found counseling very beneficial when I worked through some of my childhood issues. I also take medication as my anxiety effects my tremors. Sometimes my whole hand flops around like a fish! Totaallly embarrassing and tends to increase my desire to not go into any social situations. Don't worry! I have plenty of interaction, but I just don't feel very connected to people...like I don't belong?? actually it's more like I'm invisable.

OK … off for dinner....sleep tight everyone or have a good morning
Old 10-06-2019, 11:45 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

They finished the flooring (jumps up runs around the room screaming yipeeeee)

I didn't think I might not have internet during the process.... Now they are ready to do the kitchen. I look at samples today and next week the "fabricate" the counter and cabinet doors. Then , a week from tomarrow they begin the kitchen work.

I'll be gone for vacation this afternoon till Thursday afternoon.... so won't be able to post again

Kenton - I was lucky to chance upon a good councelor when I started dealing with my PTSD. Unfortunately (like you said...no magic wands) it took a couple of years to get to a better place. It also became an issue again each time I hit another tramatic event (flood, almost dying, having to retire). But I like to think that I accept and deal with my anxiety and PTSD in a much less distructive manor than in the past.

Drinking kept me from dealing and piled on extra BS to deal with as well. But dealing with the no longer useful survival tactics that I developed in childhood AND not drinking in the process, was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. But on the other side (or at least with the major issues at bay) is a beautiful life.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Just in case any nobenders are checking in today, I wanted to post here and say Merry Christmas!! Hope everyone is ok. I'm in Lapland with my family, about to take the children to meet Father Christmas. Life is great, far better than I ever thought it could be and I have sobriety to thank for that. It was Dee and the people on this thread who welcomed me and who supported me through the early days and I will never forget your kindness and strength. Love you guys. Hope you are all having a wonderful day xxxx
Old 12-25-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone had a good Christmas

D
Old 04-25-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Re: Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 13

Hi everyone … I 'll see if I can't wrangle some of you up.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Nands - hows things?

sorry about John Prine

D
Old 04-25-2020, 04:51 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hi Dee! Hope you are doing well and not in a corona hot spot.
Thank you so much for mentioning John Prine. A bit of my heart broke when I heard he was dead.
I'm doing ok... our state is on lockdown till May 3rd, but at that time it will go county by county. They may hold us in lockdown longer because we have cases going up here in our town.
The house is finished!!!!! I've started writing poetry again and feel like I have found something that will fufill me for years to come. Then I could be wrong.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you are not wrong
How great the house is finished!

My state is pretty good virus wise - hoping for that to continue,
stay well and happy
D
Old 07-17-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hi November 2016 group. I haven’t been here in a long time but I assure you I am still sober.Day 1352... One day at a time. My big black hole which is the loss of my children is still there but a little better since my middle child is at least emailing with me. Of course he’s about to be 16 now and wants a car....

I have also written a book about being a physician in recovery. I am looking at a book release on Amazon in October...

I wish you all the best...
Old 07-17-2020, 03:25 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to hear from you Eric HJF - glad things are going well

D
Old 05-28-2022, 05:27 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hello! Had a fairly obscure dream about this thread last night so thought I’d see if I could find it. It was buried pretty deep, last time I posted here was pre-covid!! If any nobenders are still around, I’d love to say hello xxx
Old 05-31-2022, 08:09 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh hello Kenton!

I’m still around. However my sobriety date has changed a few times since. Whew.

how are you??