Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 41

Old 10-31-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween, all! I love Halloween, though a bit frazzled this week.

My younger one is having a few buddies over, and well have pizza and fruit, etc...and they will pick candy from the bowl, and plan to watch Stranger Things before gaming. No more Trick or Treaters in my family, but we will enjoy passing out the candy. I think it is going to be chilly.

Daughter still struggling. I think she is very stressed out, because tummy complaints, are now added to the headaches. There has been friend drama. Ugh. She just needs to put HS and its antics behind her.

I had to go back and look at Suze's picture too! LOL! That is great! The lurking shadow is perfect, even if just a plant!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Happy Halloween, all! I love Halloween, though a bit frazzled this week.

My younger one is having a few buddies over, and well have pizza and fruit, etc...and they will pick candy from the bowl, and plan to watch Stranger Things before gaming. No more Trick or Treaters in my family, but we will enjoy passing out the candy. I think it is going to be chilly.

Daughter still struggling. I think she is very stressed out, because tummy complaints, are now added to the headaches. There has been friend drama. Ugh. She just needs to put HS and its antics behind her.

I had to go back and look at Suze's picture too! LOL! That is great! The lurking shadow is perfect, even if just a plant!
Hope that all have a good evening, phoebe.

Little pne's plans sound fun.

So sorry to hear that your daughter is still,struggling and very sorry to hear about friend drama. Girls!!!!! Boys 'fight it out' and say 'okay, want to ride bikes'. Girls form 'teams', write letters, drag the whole thing out, play mind games - awful. Hope that is resolved soon, phoebe.

Love to you and yours.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hello and love to the Octsobers. ❤️
Old 10-31-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Sleep well, Dee!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

So I’m dressed a little gothy for Halloween, enough to draw attention. I went to the craft store to get a gift card for a friend who lost her sewing stuff in the fire, and I chatted with a few people while I was there. I was getting in my car to leave when the wind caught my receipt, and it flew out of my hand and under the car. I needed it in case there was any trouble with the gift card, so I looked under the car, couldn’t see it. Went around the other side, couldn’t see it. Finally I saw it stuck behind the front wheel. I got down and tried to get it, but it was just out of my reach. I got down lower and lower, reaching further under the car with my head literally pressed against the side of the car. Then I somehow pressed the panic button on my keychain. My car started honking, which scared the bejesus out of me, and I fell backward on my ass. My keys, wallet, phone, and the gift card all went flying through the air and landed all over the parking lot. I scrambled to find my keys and turned off the alarm. I sat there on the ground trying to gather my wits and my stuff, and I realized several of the people from the craft store were in the parking lot watching all this go down. I just laughed. Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Phoebe - I'm so sorry your daughter is still struggling. High school stress is awful, and it's not surprising that it would be a factor. I hope things improve for her.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

My older daughter was ready to put HS behind her too phoebe. That's sad to me for them. My senior year was fun and I really enjoyed experiencing it with my set of friends. It felt like such a milestone to savor and we all got on so well. Having said that, my daughter has really adjusted well to her new collegiate life and is thriving. So I hope your daughter will really bloom once she turns the page on things.

Lol at your comical experience Briar! And dressed in goth too. Yep, sometimes you just gotta laugh . Happy Halloween to you as well. I always hate to see October end though.

A bit ago I grabbed a scorching hot pan that I didn't know had just come out of the oven. Thought I may cry! I hope it'll be better by tomorrow. It's hurting! The lesson learned is....don't grab scorching hot pans.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
So I’m dressed a little gothy for Halloween, enough to draw attention. I went to the craft store to get a gift card for a friend who lost her sewing stuff in the fire, and I chatted with a few people while I was there. I was getting in my car to leave when the wind caught my receipt, and it flew out of my hand and under the car. I needed it in case there was any trouble with the gift card, so I looked under the car, couldn’t see it. Went around the other side, couldn’t see it. Finally I saw it stuck behind the front wheel. I got down and tried to get it, but it was just out of my reach. I got down lower and lower, reaching further under the car with my head literally pressed against the side of the car. Then I somehow pressed the panic button on my keychain. My car started honking, which scared the bejesus out of me, and I fell backward on my ass. My keys, wallet, phone, and the gift card all went flying through the air and landed all over the parking lot. I scrambled to find my keys and turned off the alarm. I sat there on the ground trying to gather my wits and my stuff, and I realized several of the people from the craft store were in the parking lot watching all this go down. I just laughed. Happy Halloween!
Oh my . Good story, Briar

Were you able to retrieve the receipt?
Old 10-31-2017, 08:05 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Hi gang,

My older daughter was ready to put HS behind her too phoebe. That's sad to me for them. My senior year was fun and I really enjoyed experiencing it with my set of friends. It felt like such a milestone to savor and we all got on so well. Having said that, my daughter has really adjusted well to her new collegiate life and is thriving. So I hope your daughter will really bloom once she turns the page on things.

Lol at your comical experience Briar! And dressed in goth too. Yep, sometimes you just gotta laugh . Happy Halloween to you as well. I always hate to see October end though.

A bit ago I grabbed a scorching hot pan that I didn't know had just come out of the oven. Thought I may cry! I hope it'll be better by tomorrow. It's hurting! The lesson learned is....don't grab scorching hot pans.
Ouch, Mark!!!! . Yikes.

Did your hand blister?
Old 10-31-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

It was a nice Halloween.

Suze, I hope that you had a good number of trick-or-treaters.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:07 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

Sweet dreams.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Have a nice day, Dee.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Happy November.

Yes, some blistering Leigh. Not hurting too much though. Actually kind of numb-ish.

Rain coming down and coffee coming up. Another busy schedule.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Happy November.

Yes, some blistering Leigh. Not hurting too much though. Actually kind of numb-ish.

Rain coming down and coffee coming up. Another busy schedule.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Take good care of that hand, Mark. I hope that it heals up quickly for you.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Good afternoon, all.

Have a nice day.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:01 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hope you are sleeping soundly, Dee.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Sorry about your hand, Mark. Hopefully the skin will recover before the nerves do. I've had stuff like that happen where it takes months for feeling to come back, and by then I'm all healed. Hoping for the best for you.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Mark love ~ do NOT mess with burns....please please please go to the doctor.

More love to your lovely daughter phoebes....please know that having a mum who is so hands on and caring makes all of the difference. You are all wonderful mums here, and dads. Your kids are very blessed.

Speaking of which/whom? (Briar?)
My step sons....yes, you heard that correctly are spending the day with us this Saturday and the whole weekend the following week. Wow huh. Lucky I am very into this....to put it mildly....it means the world to me.

And Briar, love, oh, baby, that is so so awful(lly funny).
Those people being amused by you could have at least checked to make sure you were OK. Gosh. And

Darling Leigh....hello again sweety.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Sorry about your hand, Mark. Hopefully the skin will recover before the nerves do. I've had stuff like that happen where it takes months for feeling to come back, and by then I'm all healed. Hoping for the best for you.
Hello, dear Briar!
Old 11-01-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Mark love ~ do NOT mess with burns....please please please go to the doctor.

More love to your lovely daughter phoebes....please know that having a mum who is so hands on and caring makes all of the difference. You are all wonderful mums here, and dads. Your kids are very blessed.

Speaking of which/whom? (Briar?)
My step sons....yes, you heard that correctly are spending the day with us this Saturday and the whole weekend the following week. Wow huh. Lucky I am very into this....to put it mildly....it means the world to me.

And Briar, love, oh, baby, that is so so awful(lly funny).
Those people being amused by you could have at least checked to make sure you were OK. Gosh. And

Darling Leigh....hello again sweety.
Greetings, ❤️ Suze ❤️