Notices

Class of March 2016 part 60

Old 10-26-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 part 60

Continues from here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-59-a-21.html (Class of March 2016 part 59)

D
Old 10-26-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kiki - you gotta do what you think is best but like I told 13th, I think the answer is more support, not less.

Its not a black/white either/or situation.

SR is perfectly complementary to any other kind of support IMO.

You've done well as a regular member - better than when you're not a presence here at all.

If someones suggesting to you that SRs not good for recovery I suggest they don't really know what SR is.

D
Old 10-26-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to you back Casey - like I said I think posting here is a good move.

Glad to see you're keeping busy - seems a little like work/sleep/the occasional video game for you tho.

Do you think maybe a bit of balance might help you stay sober this time?

D
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so grabbing shotgun. (You count for a hell of a lot, just not for shotgun Dee, I follow Weekenders )

That aside, Kiki, Dee's right. He was right with me and I think with you. Every piece of support you can get is useful. Especially since you've had a recent slip, perhaps our group camaraderie and support will keep you on.
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't count so you got it 13th

D
Old 10-26-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Definitely need to find that something else, Dee. Been on my mind a lot the last couple of days and I've got a few ideas. Now I just need to act on them.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Casey I can't wait to learn what they are. I might copycat! I seem to be in a rut too. And not much different from when I drank!!! I need to learn to live sober.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Evening! Heading to work. Slept the equivalent of the poop emoji. Only tonight though and then off Friday and Saturday. Definitely not an overnight person. But kudos to all those who can and do. Well off to Starbucks. Time for some serious startin’ fluid
Old 10-26-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Have a nice work night Sam!
Old 10-26-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh P.S. - I got my tea advent calendar today!! Woot!!

Hmmm.....will a picture work? Let’s see....

Old 10-26-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nope - guess not. Ah well....take my word for it - it’s a thing of beauty
Old 10-26-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Gonna' lay down and watch BBT gang. See ya' at startin' fluid time in the morning!
Old 10-26-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Goodnight, BBG. Hope work goes quickly, Sam.

Gonna watch tonight's episode of my current favorite TV show The Good Place and try to crash early. Glad I'm going to bed sober. Have a nice night/Australian Sunday morning!
Old 10-27-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

S'port to all.
Long day- a big guy- tatts, full biker outfit targeted me after my meeting (he was not at it)- and started saying- with increasing anger - he had until 1700 to get money- or he would be sent back to jail, which he was released from yesterday. He said no one would help/listen. I suggested his parole officer, police, his family, priest, Salvos'. Nope- tried them all and no one would listen or help. I suggested he calm down and not do anything stupid. He said he might do something stupid because he was NOT going back to jail and no one would help. I decided at this point my safety came over empathy- ushered my struggling friend to me and went quickly in the opposite direction. I told him there was no way I could give him money- that I had none and I could not help- and hoped he would be okay. Very unsafe person. He even went into the church admin of the venue we use- to get money out of them.
My friend goes into detox Monday..which is very good.
On a personal positive note- counseling went very well. Apparently I am doing good- and am beginning to see that. To disdain progress is as bad as hubris.
My beard is going grey.
My choice of the meeting topic was 'alibis'. One guy thought it was an Egyptian god. I was asked to share by the chair I chose. I said the ultimate alibi to drink for me was being left for dead in hospital by my family. Such pathos and drama! What better excuse could I have for needing to drink? Except I had no audience that would give me the pity I thought I deserved- that my choice at that point was to drink myself to death- or do something about it. A few squirmed, more thanked me after the meeting for helping them. Nothing like hearing about someone worse than yourself to motivate...
Old 10-27-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee

Have a good two days off, Sam.....hope you don't have to deal with the schedule for too long....those overnights can be brutal!

Once in a while I'll come home from work, eat, then that's it. I'll fall asleep & be done for the night ~ happened twice now this week. I don't think it's depression, I'm just effing tired! LOL But I need to get back into exercise...."balance" as Dee says....

Thanks everyone for being here ~ hope you check back in soon, Kiki!

Startin' fluid time
Old 10-27-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening one and all!

Sam, I googled advent tea calendars--who knew there was such a thing, much less SO MANY to choose from?! I might get one because I'm in a bit of a tea rut--same thing day after day. I'd like to change things up, variety is the spice, etc. I can see your photo btw, and yes it is a thing of beauty. Enjoy!

Kiki, remember that "all or nothing" thinking can sometimes get us into trouble. Check in when you can, we'll be here and we believe in you.

Phoenix, be careful and maintain some space for YOU. You rock!

COLD here this morning. Kinda wish we were heading into summer like our Aussie Marchers. Ah well, winter is OK too. Wishing all a great and sober day!
Old 10-27-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Yippeeeeee it's the weekend. I'm beat. Off to bed. Stay sober peeps xxx
Old 10-27-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody. Boy did I sleep last night!!! Musta' been 9 or 10 hours. Guess I needed it.

Oh well. Startin' fluid in hand now ready for the day. Gonna' make sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning People!

It's Friday - woohoo! Am ready for the weekend.

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 10-27-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning all. You guys are amazing. I love reading the posts here to start my day.

PJ, that guy sounded pretty scary. People will do crazy things when they get backed into a corner. Good move on your part to get away.

My schedule should have some down time in it between now and the end of the year. Still a little travel, but hopefully some days off as well. I'm continuing to try and build some new things into my life to give me a better chance at staying sober forever. I've joined a new gym that has some group classes, and a new golf group. I know I can't continue my old routine and just "not drink".

I am envious of those who are sleeping well. I'll need a nap today for sure.

Have a great day!