I am committing to 24 more hours!
Old 08-10-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Goodnight Guys
Old 08-10-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
2:28 pm Maryland

Relaxing with some silence in the background, for once, as my toddler takes his blessed nap.

Feeling really disconnected this week- tired of the binge eating- tired of letting my life pass through my fingers all based on how I feel about my body. I want to release this deranged thinking for once and for all. I feel like I'm missing out on so much and it's all because of my disordered view on my body and what it means. In reality, it means nothing. How I look means nothing. So why do I put so much pressure on myself to be thin and look a certain way? I can't live this way anymore. I haven't been to the pool in over 2 weeks. I cancelled a fun day trip with a great friend because I had binged the night before. What kind of life is that?

Did a nice meditation a little while ago and some journaling- had my lunch and now I'm not sure what to do with myself. I am a bit lonely honestly. Can't wait for my parents and sister to get back from their vacations. It's been 4 weeks already.

Congrats to those celebrating today and my love and thoughts are always with those struggling.
Please dont be lonely Sunflower. You are not alone. I feel totally the same as you. Years of pouring spirits mixed with gallons of coke down my neck has turned my once ok body into an overweight horrid shell. The sugar cravings have not helped lately. But small steps. We are amazing for telling the alcohol poison to pee off. We can sort out the rest one day at a time...just like we do the drink. We can encourage each other. I've been saying for weeks that I am going swimming....or jogging. Instead I have binged on Netflix. We can name a day...when we both have an hour or two...do some exercise....and report back here straight after....and give each other a pat on the back. Ready for it Sunny ???😀😀 xxxx
Old 08-10-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Goodnight Guys
Xxxx Nite nite Neoo....I will dig out some rubbish jokes for you tomorrow. Sleep well. Xxxx
Old 08-10-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'll take another 24 please.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
2:28 pm Maryland

Relaxing with some silence in the background, for once, as my toddler takes his blessed nap.

Feeling really disconnected this week- tired of the binge eating- tired of letting my life pass through my fingers all based on how I feel about my body. I want to release this deranged thinking for once and for all. I feel like I'm missing out on so much and it's all because of my disordered view on my body and what it means. In reality, it means nothing. How I look means nothing. So why do I put so much pressure on myself to be thin and look a certain way? I can't live this way anymore. I haven't been to the pool in over 2 weeks. I cancelled a fun day trip with a great friend because I had binged the night before. What kind of life is that?

Did a nice meditation a little while ago and some journaling- had my lunch and now I'm not sure what to do with myself. I am a bit lonely honestly. Can't wait for my parents and sister to get back from their vacations. It's been 4 weeks already.

Congrats to those celebrating today and my love and thoughts are always with those struggling.
hi, I'm where you are too. you are not alone. love and hugs
Old 08-10-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Please dont be lonely Sunflower. You are not alone. I feel totally the same as you. Years of pouring spirits mixed with gallons of coke down my neck has turned my once ok body into an overweight horrid shell. The sugar cravings have not helped lately. But small steps. We are amazing for telling the alcohol poison to pee off. We can sort out the rest one day at a time...just like we do the drink. We can encourage each other. I've been saying for weeks that I am going swimming....or jogging. Instead I have binged on Netflix. We can name a day...when we both have an hour or two...do some exercise....and report back here straight after....and give each other a pat on the back. Ready for it Sunny ???😀😀 xxxx
are you watching me in my home oh netflix eh!

what about just 15 minutes to start.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

BBB in for another 24
Old 08-10-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
are you watching me in my home oh netflix eh!

what about just 15 minutes to start.

15 mins it is!!! I have to do some exercise...mentally and physically need to. Hoping it will help me find that elusive inner peace. Sending love and hugs erfra.xxxx
Old 08-10-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

15 mins it is!!! I have to do some exercise...mentally and physically need to. Hoping it will help me find that elusive inner peace. Sending love and hugs erfra.xxxx
Count me in too!
Old 08-10-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Count me in too!
Hey Mrs Lady...You're in..😀😀😀
Struggling today ...mentally....so staying on here and reading everything..Hope you're ok. Sending squishies. Xxxx
Old 08-10-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Thank you sweet friend. I got the exercise part down. I'm just a perfectionist and nothing I do and no body I have is ever good enough. I thought I was fat even at a size 2. I just want to be free from this disordered view on my body and need to be perfect with what I eat. It comes and goes in waves honestly. When I don't eat sugar or carbs I feel better. But then I binge because it's too restrictive. I need to find a middle ground somehow.

Please don't be hard on yourself either. We are doing a great thing here being sober. The rest will fall into place in time, at least I hope so. Thank you for the comment and for helping me feel less alone.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Good morning all- Id love another 24 more hours please. Day 6 today and I've woken up early to go to the gym( first time in such a long time!!)
I've realised that what I've been doing hasn't worked for me so time to make changes! Hope everyone is travelling well. Sending more love to Kris.. thinking about you my lovely friend xx
5.02am Perth, Western Australia xxx
Old 08-10-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hey back sweetie pie! I find binging on SR sometimes is all I can really face doing too Pebbs. You're doing great you do know that don't you? Big squishies back and look after yourself. Nothing matters except not drinking sometimes Pebbles ❤❤❤
Old 08-10-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

hi, I'm where you are too. you are not alone. love and hugs
Thanks Erfra. The meditation I did earlier helped I think. I am at the park with my son now and this kid just came out of no where and told me I am pretty. He also proceeded to tell me that he caught a huge fish here a while back, lit it on fire and ate it so I'm not sure what to think! I have never seen a fish larger than 1/2 an inch in these waters.Ha! Still made my day
Old 08-10-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
sweenzo

Starting another 24 hours very soon.
22.11 Scotland
Old 08-10-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Sunflower you are beautiful inside and out. It's awful when we get to feel down about our appearance when in actual fact you're a brilliant mum to your little ones and fighting the good fight every single day.
I truly hope you can find some balance and see in yourself what others see ❤❤❤
Old 08-10-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweenzo View Post
Starting another 24 hours very soon.
22.11 Scotland
Great job sweenzo
Old 08-10-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

ok my first 15 min. of exercise is done . holy crap i need to go back to work couch potato is not for me. i gain 40 lbs.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

ok my first 15 min. of exercise is done . holy crap i need to go back to work couch potato is not for me. i gain 40 lbs.
Well done you!!!! 😇😇 I shall attempt some sit ups..and planks before bed..😤
Nite nite everyone. Hugs. Xxx