Notices

Class of July 2017 Part 3

Old 07-29-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good morning friends! Starting Day 20 and feeling great. The weather is supposed to be very nice (mid-80's, sunny) for the weekend, and my Chicago vacation starts next week. Much to do for this serial procrastinator, but I have the energy and focus to get it all done.

Survived my social gathering last night, though it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as I was expecting. The food was great, but it basically ended up with several of us around a table, listening to two intoxicated people babbling on and on, trying to outdo each other with stories about nonsense. If I was drinking, I would have just gotten hammered and zoned out of the whole ordeal. Sober, I endured until a lull came and I could excuse myself for the evening. Going forward, I think that I will avoid these types of gatherings as much as possible.

Have a great weekend folks. Will be checking in.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Just a quick "Hello" to my Classmates!
Old 07-29-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all. Day 7 for me today and its pay-day. I will not be wasting my money on bottles of wine like I normally do though. It is difficult having money and it being a Saturday but I don't want to spoil this good run. The positives are definitely out-weighing the negatives and surely it can only get better from here.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Welcome back StartAnew and FallingLeaves- boy can I relate to how you're feeling right now. We have 4 kids and my husband works a lot. Last week all 3 older kids were gone on vacation with the grandparents leaving me alone at home with the littlest. Stressful situation+being home alone means lots of cravings for me. I know you can do this- I made it through and I know you can too. My advice is like someone else said- try to do some self- care things. Pick up a new book, meditate (I got this app called Insight Timer which is amazing for meditation and they even have recovery meditations!), take a hot bath... things we don't usually get to do when the kids are home. Schedule a coffee or tea date with a friend you haven't seen in a while.

Anyway, today is day 27 I think for me. Getting closer to that month mark! Today should be a pretty good day- life is really starting to get a flow again and I'm getting caught up on things that have been piling up. Today I take my CPR/1st Aid/AED cert. for my personal trainer requirements. Looking forward to being productive and actually reaching goals rather than just wasting my life away.

Everyone have a wonderful, sober Saturday... we've got this!
Old 07-29-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey y'all! Still Sober AF and feeling happy
Old 07-29-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Taevans64 View Post
Mr AV is a cunning sod, he didn't bother me early in the week but boy was he insistent yesterday and Thursday. It didn't help I had two visits my to my least favourite place in the world, the dentist's, as well.

But I got through it and am having a cup of coffee in the garden with our two dogs demanding I throw balls for them. Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day so I think I'll get my bike out later.

Have a happy and sober weekend everybody!
Well done, my friend. Stay with us
Old 07-29-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Wow! There are some serious days getting racked up by this crew. Great job everyone! When I make it through tonight it'll be 14 for me. I hope everyone makes it through to tomorrow sober.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I woke up to a beautiful mountain morning fully sober and present to take it all in. I've got to descend to work for a while but even that doesnt bum me out.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Rune Stone, what's with the Viking ship?And the name?
Old 07-29-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Falling Leaves, stay strong with the family gone! That would be a definite challenge for me to stay sober home alone.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves View Post
Rune Stone, what's with the Viking ship?And the name?
Both of my sons are duel citizens of the US and Sweden and I've been to Sweden many times. I've also been fascinated with vikings for some time. Not the pilledging but the culture. The name just kind of came to me. Hopefully its not disrespectful to someone from Scandinavia.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Ah, Sweden.

I'm beyond saving.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

How's everyone doing this evening? I'm having a quiet night in the hotel with plenty of tea and reading/movies to keep my mind occupied
Old 07-29-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Afternoon check in.
AV has tried to get a word in a few times in then last couple of hours. Just got home from shopping a bit. Hubby was grouchy (headache) and my teen daughter was huffy a lot. I ended up in not the best mood either. But I wont be drinking over it. Six hours till a bath and bed!
Old 07-29-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Afternoon check in.
AV has tried to get a word in a few times in then last couple of hours. Just got home from shopping a bit. Hubby was grouchy (headache) and my teen daughter was huffy a lot. I ended up in not the best mood either. But I wont be drinking over it. Six hours till a bath and bed!
Yes Chick Chick - we are nearly there and onto to Day 8. I am so tired tonight so hoping to sleep solidly. AV hasn't been very strong for me today which I'm pleased about because Saturdays are the hardest to resist. Our next target now - 2 weeks ? x
Old 07-29-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeanFox87 View Post
How's everyone doing this evening? I'm having a quiet night in the hotel with plenty of tea and reading/movies to keep my mind occupied
Just a quiet evening in with the family doing the same, reading and watching movies.

Had a good ride on the bike this afternoon and off to see some motorcross with my son tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Susie, yay for us! I'm totally ready to move on to the goal of 2 weeks! So fun having a sober date buddy! We've got this!
Old 07-29-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

It's quiet here tonight. I hope everyone's being good!
Old 07-29-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good night all.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning class, how'd everyone do last night? I had a terrible sleep and I'm suffering for it today, still ten times better than being hungover though.