Notices

Class of July 2017 Part 3

Old 07-31-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Agree with ChickChick. Thankfully you all are back and re-engaged with sobriety.
Rubaduck, I am really scared of going on vacation and drinking. Thats what I did for decades. I know it will be extremely hard to resist. Glad you did. I'll have to develop some kind of plan for that. I am open to ideas.
Day 24.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I'm glad I'm back too. I can't hide from myself, so why not come straight back here and confess to my sins. Day 1 is full of potential and I am optimistic. I'm going to make it!
Old 07-31-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Thanks chick and everyone. Ready to stay sober today and keep the ball rolling.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hello classmates - day 30! Just a quick check in tonight.

Last day of July! About to move to our brand new home in the daily section.

Good to see so many back in here today. Welcome to all those back again for another go. Each time you fall and get back on you learn something.

All the best to the new August 17 class.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Just about to go to bed for a read so its the end of Day 9 for me - double figures when I wake up. In the morning I'm due to weigh in at my slimming world class - I'm dreading it as I haven't been for 3 weeks and I have just eaten anything I wanted. Never mind - just going to go and weigh and get it over and done with and start again. I'm due back in work on 3rd September and would like to lose as close to 7 pounds as possible before then.

After going for a run this morning and getting soaked - this evening I made my food and went to sprinkle salt over it when the top of the salt came off and spoilt my food. I'm hoping there is not going to be a 3rd thing as they say things come in threes.

Keep going with the sobriety all - speak to you tomorrow x
Old 07-31-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Happy sober Monday class. Dang, last day of July. Time flies when your having fun, eh? Its been a good month. Hoping we all stick together for awile yet. Coming here, reading, posting, makes this journey so much more doable. Thanks to everyone.

Glad to see Dee is back, and nice job coming back, those that have restarted. Congrats and thanks to all of you.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Starting Day 22 with a 7:00am dentist appointment (?!?!), followed by many preparations for a long-awaited trip to Chicago with my son tomorrow. Baseball game at the historic Wrigley Field, Shedd Aquarium, Chicago-style pizza, etc, etc. I love spending time with my 15 year old son, and it's great to be able to take him somewhere that he's never been.

Really grateful this morning for the things that I have, and the opportunity to start enjoying them, as the fog is lifting more and more every day. It's never too late to start over folks (Daisy?). I feel like my best years are definitely ahead of me, and I'll hit the 53 year milestone in September.

Best wishes to everyone today!
CP: Hope you have a fantastic time in Chicago. As you can probably tell by my name, my family and I are long-time Cubs supporters. Been to many many games at Wrigley. And Chicago of course is GREAT! Have a wonderful, sober, memory building trip!!
Old 07-31-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

So . . . I don't know if this is allowed, but I think we have quite a solid group here and I am so happy to be a part of it, you guys are awesome! I don't know if I am allowed to put this out there, but I would LOVE to maybe get to know a little bit more about you guys. I thought I'd put a few questions out there and no one has to feel like they have to answer any of them at all, but it would be fun if you would. I know some have countries included and some have names that give away some info, but I would love to know a little bit more about you guys if you don't mind sharing. So . . . here goes . . .

Screen Name: Wrigley119
Age(ish): 40's
Family: Married, 2 teen kids
Furbabies or Pets: 2 female silver labs, a 3 1/2 year old and a 8 month old.
Drink(s) of Choice: Vodka and Wine
Dream Vacation: Go to Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales with my family. Been myself, but want to take husband and kids.
Something I hate: Exercise, lol, I need to but I hate it!
Favorite Indulgence (besides booze): My new found love, Ice Cream

Feel free to add your own questions if you have one. Hope to get to know you all a little bit!
Old 07-31-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Great suggestion, Wrigley!

Screen Name: FallingLeaves
Family: Married, 2 teen kids, one a little younger
Furbabies or Pets: 3 rescue cats, but I would love a dog
Drink(s) of Choice: Carlsberg

I love cooking, gardening, knitting, redecorating, animals, reading and a lot of other things. I am a teacher, I teach Norwegian, English and German, and I play the piano, the saxophone and I sing. Right now I am in the process of writing my third book, the first one has just been sent to a publisher to see if they want to do something about it... Oh, and I LOVE Star Trek, MASH 4077 and Friends.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Nice suggestion Wrigley

Screen Name: SeanFox87
Age(ish): 30
Family: Single, No kids
Furbabies or Pets: No pets but I love dogs, I work away a lot so can't have one at this point in time.
(Former )Drink(s) of Choice: Jack Daniels and Vodka
Dream Vacation: NYC, Canada, Japan, India, South America and Iceland
Something I hate: Health and safety. How people get offended at everything these days
Favorite Indulgence (besides booze): I'll have to say ice cream too, love me some Ben & Jerry's

I'm a big film buff, I like football (American and soccer), road trips and seeing new places.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your graduation guys - here's to Month Two and beyond

D
Old 07-31-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I'd promised to let some details go when we made it to August, and I want to keep posting in this class for a long time. I can't give away as much as others, but hopefully this will help understand my situation and what kind of person I am a little better:

Screen Name: Rubaduck (being held by Blofeld from James Bond)
Family: Happily married, 2 small happy kids
Drink of Choice: Beer (many but slowly / slowly but many)
Dream Vacation: Saturn
Something I hate: Bad manners.
Something I love: Helping my community
Hobby: Playing guitar and martial arts.

Last edited by Rubaduck; 07-31-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added "slowly but many"
Old 07-31-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

While I'm in a positive mood I'd like to thank a few people. Everyone here has my honest thanks and respect, but each day I'd like to do a small positive thing for a few people. So here's the first batch:

FallingLeaves: I knew there was something special the day you joined. Within a couple of days so many people were thanking you and commenting on your posts. Your leaves aren't falling, they're being carried on a cool breeze past all of us.

SeanFox: Your posts seem to make the message board come alive! Lots of activity after you post. It's always interesting to read about your work and your sleep dreams.

ClearPath: I love reading about the things you do with your son. I see myself somewhere similar in 10 years with my kids. I'm now trying to teach the eldest some martial arts (very very basic punches, and we do stretching together), music and writing skills. It's still incredibly early days but it's a nice way to spend time together.

I've got another tricky stretch ahead, and I'll do my best to stay completely dry. But I can at least promise that I'm not going to drink today and I'm not going to drink tomorrow!

Last edited by Rubaduck; 07-31-2017 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added "I'd like to"
Old 07-31-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Ok here goes:-

Screen Name: Susiegirl
Family: Divorced with 14 year old boy and 11 year old girl
Furbabies or Pets: 4 year old black cat called Poppy
Drink(s) of Choice: Wine and G & T
Dream Vacation: Love USA, would like to go to Italy and Caribbean
Something I hate: Ignorance, selfishness and impatience
Something I enjoy - running
Favourite Indulgence (besides booze): crisps & cheese
Old 07-31-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Its 135am here in the UK and I just can't get to sleep. I am tired and yawning like mad but my brain won't switch off - this is the only thing I miss about not drinking. I had no problem in dropping off to sleep under the influence X
Old 08-01-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Day 24. Saw Lionel Richie and Mariah Carey on Sunday night. Amazing show. Both sounded phenomenal! Both can really still sing .. I hope all is well and woo hoo for month 2!!!!
Old 08-01-2017, 01:18 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Am I the only one here?- Have you all left me ? lol X

Woken up very tired but have to get up to go and weigh. Might just have to have a little nap later. Weather is awful again, getting fed up with it to be honest. Its Day 10 for me today so double figures.

Will check in with you all later X
Old 08-01-2017, 01:27 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rubaduck View Post
FallingLeaves: I knew there was something special the day you joined. Within a couple of days so many people were thanking you and commenting on your posts. Your leaves aren't falling, they're being carried on a cool breeze past all of us.
Awww... What a wonderful thing to hear in the morning! Thank you!
Old 08-01-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 11 for me and feeling really rubbish.. Tired mainly! Was ok yesterday
Old 08-01-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome debsgaff

D