SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2017 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/413473-class-july-2017-part-3-a.html)

Anna 07-28-2017 09:56 AM

Class of July 2017 Part 3

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

FallingLeaves 07-28-2017 09:59 AM

Shotgun!

Feeling blue/down/sad/lonely tonight. Won't drink though. Learning to crochet by watching youtube videos instead. Hope you all are feeling good today.

ChickChick 07-28-2017 10:48 AM

Yay! Part 3! Thanks Anna!! :)

FallingLeaves I hope the blues pass quickly! I'm a big knitter and crocheter. I learned to knit from YouTube about 9 years ago and never looked back. Let me know if I can clarify anything. ;) it's fantastic stress releif!

FallingLeaves 07-28-2017 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by ChickChick (Post 6553617)
Yay! Part 3! Thanks Anna!! :)

FallingLeaves I hope the blues pass quickly! I'm a big knitter and crocheter. I learned to knit from YouTube about 9 years ago and never looked back. Let me know if I can clarify anything. ;) it's fantastic stress releif!

I am a big knitter as well, and I can knit a Norwegian sweater like this in one week...
http://bloggfiler.no/strikkepiken.bl...1699203930.jpg

But I want to try something new, so I'll try crocheting and see if it does it for me. :)

SeanFox87 07-28-2017 11:13 AM

Just an evening check in, I only watched two movies today, War Dogs and The Purge: Election Year. The former was very enjoyable and the latter was a bit pants to be honest. I went for a walk later in the afternoon. In the U.K. that Quit That app only seems to be for smoking but I have a sober app called Sober Time and I entered my spending statistics in earlier and so far I've saved £456, which is great. Another great reason to stay sober. This evening I'll probably just watch another movie and try to get an earlyish night, back to work tomorrow and Sunday before driving back home Sunday evening. I hope everyone has a great sober weekend :)

Stubbs16 07-28-2017 11:15 AM

Thanks for the info on Dee chickchick. Appreciated. Yes, he does deserve a break! :)

Stubbs16 07-28-2017 11:17 AM

Beautiful sweater FallingL. I dont knit or crochet, at least I never tried. Not sure if I have the patience for that, plus my eyesight isnt what it use to be. :(

Hope your feeling better soon.

FallingLeaves 07-28-2017 11:23 AM

You know, I suddenly realized why I'm so anxious. Tomorrow DH and the girls are going to drive up north to visit his family, and they are going to be driving for two straight days on crappy Norwegian roads. I'm afraid something will happen, that's what's causing it. I have to force myself to stop thinking about it.

RuneStone 07-28-2017 11:33 AM

3 weeks today!:dance:
The weekend is here, TGIF. I've got a lot of things planned. Dinner tonight with my dad and my son. I'm going to work some, clean the house, work on my car and go to the gym. I feel very good about not drinking this weekend. Thanks Julyers, youre a big part of my recovery!

ChloeRose63 07-28-2017 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves (Post 6553588)
Shotgun!

Feeling blue/down/sad/lonely tonight. Won't drink though. Learning to crochet by watching youtube videos instead. Hope you all are feeling good today.

Hi, FallingLeaves!
I am a quilter and love to sew. I have been making centerpieces to keep from going insane. I have some pictures in an album in my SR personal info. Never learned how to knit. I could use a nice sweater here in Wisconsin, USA. The winters are brutal!:wintera:winter6:abck:

ChickChick 07-28-2017 12:08 PM

FallingLeaves that would make me nervous too. Do you meditate? That might relieve some odnthe anxiety about it.

I'm a big sock knitter. Sounds so silly! Lol. I like knitting shawls too. I normally crochet afghans. I have two spinning wheels also. There is something about all things fiber that call to me!

ChickChick 07-28-2017 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 (Post 6553632)
Thanks for the info on Dee chickchick. Appreciated. Yes, he does deserve a break! :)

No problem! If I hadn't seen him post I would have been wondering where he was myself! It's so unusual that he's not around. :)

DaisyBlueNew 07-28-2017 12:39 PM

Hi all,
Day 1 here. Just found this site when I googled "sent drunk mean text to my boss" and found a whole forum on this site talking about that very thing. It made me feel less sick and ashamed and less alone. I figure if "out loud" write this down and announce I am joining this class it will give me the ammunition to stick to it, day by day. I've lost so much due to drinking I can't trick myself anymore that I have it under control. So hello. I'm 57 and ready to change my ways. I look forward to becoming part of SR.

SeanFox87 07-28-2017 12:44 PM

Welcome Daisy, you've found a great place :)

Susiegirl 07-28-2017 01:19 PM

Well what a rotten day weather wise it has been here today. It just hasn't stopped raining. I have not stepped a foot outside the house. I have cleaned the house, watched tv and telphoned my family and friends for catch ups. I have also had a long hot soak in the bath. Its the end of Day 6 for me now so tomorrow it will be one week since I last drank alcohol. Its been a week of ups and downs but I have been a lot more positive than I have been for a long long time. Today I feel my depression has lifted even though the weather itself is depressing. I hope this continues so I can discover who I really am again X

ChickChick 07-28-2017 01:35 PM

Welcome Daisy! :)

ChickChick 07-28-2017 01:38 PM

Susie I'm right there with you at being excited about having a week under our belts. Sorry to hear it is dreary there. If I could share some sunshine I would!

Susiegirl 07-28-2017 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=ChickChick;6553728]Susie I'm right there with you at being excited about having a week under our belts. Sorry to hear it is dreary there. If I could share some sunshine I would![/QUOTE

Thank you Chick - that is very kind of you X

CrossYourHeart 07-28-2017 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by DaisyBlueNew (Post 6553677)
Hi all,
Day 1 here. Just found this site when I googled "sent drunk mean text to my boss" and found a whole forum on this site talking about that very thing. It made me feel less sick and ashamed and less alone. I figure if "out loud" write this down and announce I am joining this class it will give me the ammunition to stick to it, day by day. I've lost so much due to drinking I can't trick myself anymore that I have it under control. So hello. I'm 57 and ready to change my ways. I look forward to becoming part of SR.

Welcome Daisy!! I hope this place will help you to stay sober. :)

CrossYourHeart 07-28-2017 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=Susiegirl;6553761]

Originally Posted by ChickChick (Post 6553728)
Susie I'm right there with you at being excited about having a week under our belts. Sorry to hear it is dreary there. If I could share some sunshine I would![/QUOTE

Thank you Chick - that is very kind of you X

I guess everything is relative. I'd LOVE some dreary, cool weather right about now.