Notices

Class of March 2016 part 45

Old 04-05-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Re-Member

After work, I treated myself to two new pillows for my bed. They are so comfortable! Can't wait to fall asleep on them.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me sober today.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm heading to sleepyland myself....just wanted to share this quote:

"Some of the best days of your life haven't happened yet" ~ Anne Frank
Old 04-05-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi guys just quickly checking in from work. Had a horrible sleep - I keep waking up all shakey which I know is just a blood sugar thing and I have plans in place to manage it but ugh not a nice feeling. Anyway today it was worse, I think because I was also anxious about my new job. There now, same company different role. Bit of a drama over computer log ins but all good now.
Hmm I started this post thinking I was in a horrible mood having such a bad day but now that I've written that, the only real thing wrong is my sleep and sugar levels which I know will improve soon. Glad to get some perspective back. Ok back to work. Have a good day/night guys
Old 04-05-2017, 08:18 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I totally relate to the seasons changing being a trigger! Ugh! I feel like I'm the ONLY person in the world that doesn't drink! I also made the mistake of getting on Facebook today! Does anyone NOT drink!?! Omg!
. I thought it was just me about the season thing. And I do feel the same about all my friends drinking g too I feel like I'm like the only one
Old 04-05-2017, 08:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Casey- enjoy your new pillows.
Purple- sweet dreams.
Immri- it's always about perspective- isn't it? Good luck at your new job today.
Keets-I straight up had to get new friends. They're out there.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams/ have a good day.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Welp, only took me 20 minutes to fill up my handheld basket with books. Decided to call it quits as the sale is going on all month. I'll go back when they're open again Saturday. $17 well-spent this morning:

I'm going to have to buy a new bookcase soon. That'll be #7.
Oh my gosh, this looks like heaven on earth!!! So...jealous! Welcome back Casey.

Sorry about your friend Kiki. I hate cancer too. Hugs.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Imri- remember the HALTS thing.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I don't know how I missed the book post but I agree with Lillian, jealous!
By far the hardest part of my latest move was the many boxes of books. Family told me to do what you did Bobbie, but I'd literally rather sell my bed than my books

Phoenix true I haven't eaten yet either, oops all round.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Does anyone ever get a certain smell that makes you think of certain things. Like that airplane smell and how once I'm a while you will get a wiff and your not on a plane? But it really makes you have certain emotions or nastalgia.
Ok I realized that was a lot of rambling lol. Anyways I had that tonight with drinking smell/ memories. Lol dang is there something that people call this? Anyways it's not all happy feelings right now. although it's a bad feeling it's keeping me in check reminding me to keep my eyes open.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I get that Keets. Smells are meant to be the biggest memory triggers I think? Hope you feel better soon but you're right it can be a good thing to remember.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good mornin' Marchers. Hope everybody is bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning!

I'm ready for the day. Cuppa' startin' fluid in my hand and makin' plans in my head!

Have a great day!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Morning Misfits! Sleep was okay last night. Still had several wake ups. Morning smoothie is made, and I'm ready to take on the day.

Casey - how were your new pillows? A good pillow is hard to find.

Kiki - I hope you are feeling better today.

Sam - happy thursday!

PJ - hope Kong keeps quiet today. Are you working on your latest MP today?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

HELLO ALL. Yep CH- working on MP. Having a hissy fit. Have to work out the right colours/background. Moving an image from an A4 to a 1 x 1.5m canvas is rather daunting. Never done one like this. Has significance to my recovery- the process of making it equals healing- so it comes with a lot to process.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Bit of a crazy morning here getting my daughter to the bus on time. If I were hungover I would have been impatient, irritable and yelling at everyone. Just another perk of sobriety.

Rainy and cold here today. Just wanna go back to bed. Just now made my first cup of startin' fluid so maybe that will help.

Happy Thursday! Wishing you all a great and sober day/night. Love you all xxx
Old 04-06-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Wednesday is my normal grocery day but I missed yesterday because of all the storm warnings we had. I'm going today.

I've really gotten to where I love grocery shopping just so I can go by the liquor isle and give it a big ole Casey salute! Just luv to do that!!! LOL
Old 04-06-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning class. Well I woke up this morning and everything hurt so i went back to bed for a bit. Lol. Now I'm up (everything still hurts) and going to get ready for the gym. I really, really, really don't want to go but I know it's good for me and I should at least try.

Rainy and dreary here...which is supposed to translate into snow later this afternoon...blah. I think Mother Nature might just have a drinking problem.

Well off I go. Be back later!
Old 04-06-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration, Sam.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 7. Prime number.

Sleep was pretty lousy last night. I kept waking up for a few minutes every hour or so. I don't think it was the pillows but instead was my diet yesterday. Too much junk food. Definitely need to eat something green today.

I practiced the one finger salute at the grocery store myself yesterday, beerbgone.

Making myself actually get out of bed now and jump in the shower while my coffee's brewing. Have to be at work a little early to run a training class.

I'm not gonna take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

have a good day CW
Old 04-06-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning!
We have sun again, but it's kind of chilly. So, today is 10 months of straight solid sobriety. 305 days. A year ago, when I had just been on this site for a month, was the first time I thought there was hope for me. My life is so different, my relationships and mostly ME! I am such a different person (don't get me wrong - I'm still freaking funny). So, thanks to you all, my family. I never could do this without your unwavering support.

Love you.

Now go have the most awesomest day!