Notices

Class of March 2016 part 45

Old 04-05-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey MITA!!
Old 04-05-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welp, only took me 20 minutes to fill up my handheld basket with books. Decided to call it quits as the sale is going on all month. I'll go back when they're open again Saturday. $17 well-spent this morning:

I'm going to have to buy a new bookcase soon. That'll be #7.

Hope that woman gets in touch with the help you recommended, Phoenix.

To quarter pounder or not to quarter pounder, Bobbieka, that is the question.

Wonderful to see you, ManInTheArena.

Time for work. I'd say yuck but it's a short shift and I'm trying to be grateful for my job today. Trying.

Wishing everyone the best!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi again, home from the dentist with my daughter and my day got worse after I posted this morning. After posting I found out a friend died of cancer. She's been battling it for 7 years. I hate cancer! THEN....the dental billing lady was a total B-tch and because I was already upset I was B-tchy BACK! Then I stormed out of the office yelling that we were switching dentists after 18 years and embarrassed my daughter.

What was my FIRST thought again??? DRINKING! Ugh. First thought wrong! I told my daughter to wait in the car and I went back in to apologize to the dentist office worker. I cried and told her I was having a bad day and I was sorry that I took it out on her. She apologized too. Ugh.

I dropped my daughter off at school & immediately called my sponsor crying. I forgot to mention that my toxic mother showed up at my kid's track meet last night which is probably what caused a fight with my husband last night (he says I'm always b-tchy for a few days after I see her)....which led into today.

Anyway....after 45 minutes on the phone with my sponsor I feel a little better. I crawled back in bed and am gonna sleep! I'm over-tired and I need to be gentle with myself. I think today is one of those days that if the ONLY thing I accomplish is to stay sober then it was a good day!

So gonna sleep & then maybe spoil myself with Chipotle tonight.

P.S. Just found out our insurance doesn't cover marriage counseling so I need a plan B! Any ideas?

Love you guys.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Aw - Kiki, Hugs. Good for you for apologizing. I'm so sorry about your friend. You're right, cancer sucks. As for marriage counseling, I know some churches offer it for a lot less and sometimes free. Maybe look into that. I hope when you wake up things will be better.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good job getting back in that office and apologizing and then calling your sponsor, KiKi. Progress, not perfection, right?

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Hang in there and don't drink. We're here if you need to keep venting.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thinking of you KK. Be well.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Casey, I just donated all of my books. Hundreds and hundreds. I read electronically now. Trying to declutter. It was really hard. Your stack makes me kind of jealous.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

PHX - cool avatar. I like the colors.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Brave KiKi xx
Old 04-05-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Casey, I just donated all of my books. Hundreds and hundreds. I read electronically now. Trying to declutter. It was really hard. Your stack makes me kind of jealous.
Ten years ago, I had somewhere between 8,000-10,000 books that I sold after moving for the third time in two years. I swore at that time I'd never buy a book again as they were too damn heavy but would instead rely on libraries, etc.

That resolution lasted longer than most that I've made but I've lost it over the last 2.5 years or so. I just can't help myself. I love books and I love bookshelves. It's kinda my decorating style. A potpourri of books and weird old junk.

Really going to work now. Really. Trying. Really.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Vent art- after meeting.

Was watching Brit crime 'Waking the Dead'. A couple abduct orphan children from a govt home to give them a better life. One of them is a sociopath who kills the other kids to keep their secret. The episode was sponsored by the Latest Power Rangers movie. duh.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hola all!
Well, Kiki is having a worse day than me. I feel better now! I was at the dentist today myself having four freaking fillings done. One of the downsides of being a heavy drinker was what I did to my teeth. Two more small fillings to go and I'll finally be done for six months! Anyways, the dentists are about draining me dry. It's hard to appreciate a filling. I mostly feel like I was socked really hard in the mouth and mugged of all my cash.
I hope you feel better soon though Kiki, I was kidding above!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Kiki I'm soooo sorry for you situation. I wish I could make it all better but I can't. The only thing I know for sure is that drinking will not improve it. Be strong!!!
Old 04-05-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Just checking in. It's a beautiful spring day here. Think I'll take the little bugs to the park after my daughter gets home from school. Why is the change in seasons (especially winter to spring) such a trigger? Ugh. My AV is knocking today, but I'm not going to answer the door. Read that somewhere on here and loved it

Kiki, huge hugs. Just don't drink for today and I'm sure things will start looking up. AK is right ... you do NOT want another Day 1. We're here for you so keep posting.

Oh and now I really want McD's for lunch haha.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Howdy friends. Quick check in from work. Dreary day and bad traffic this morning. But I made it without too many headaches. I wasn't looking forward to day after some work hassles yesterday. I'm working in a bunch of month end reports and I kept hitting snags yesterday. Very frustrating. Things are going more smoothly today so far (knock on wood).

I feel like I'm keeping my head low and focusing on getting through each day. Not sure if that's good. But it's where I'm at right now. Kiddo is on spring break, so she's at her babysitter all week. I think she's having a good time.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

People often ask what makes the A.A. pro gram work. One of the answers is that A.A. works because it gets a person away from himself as the center of the universe. And it teaches him to rely more on the fellow ship of others and on strength from God. Forgetting ourselves in fellowship, prayer, and working with others is what makes the A.A. program work. Are these things keeping me sober?

Meditation for the Day

God is the great interpreter of one human personality to another. Even personalities who are the nearest together have much in their natures that re mains a sealed book to each other. And only as God enters and controls their lives are the mysteries of each revealed to the other. Each personality is so different. God alone understands perfectly the language of each and can interpret between the two. Here we find the miracles of change and the true interpretation of life.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may be in the right relationship to God. I pray that God will interpret to me the personalities of other people, so that I can understand them and help them.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Bobbie, your new tag line reminds of that line in Scarlet Begonias - "Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."

I love that song.
Great song.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Aw - Kiki, Hugs. Good for you for apologizing. I'm so sorry about your friend. You're right, cancer sucks. As for marriage counseling, I know some churches offer it for a lot less and sometimes free. Maybe look into that. I hope when you wake up things will be better.

Thanks Bobbie! That's a really good idea! I wonder if you would need to be a member at the church to get counseling there?
Old 04-05-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Good job getting back in that office and apologizing and then calling your sponsor, KiKi. Progress, not perfection, right?

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Hang in there and don't drink. We're here if you need to keep venting.
Thanks Casey! I'm so glad you're back!
Old 04-05-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
thinking of you KK. Be well.

Thanks P!!! Xo