Notices

Class of March 2016 part 43

Old 03-16-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Gosh, I don't know what's worse....Fresno airport nazis, or United airlines. Both seem like they go out of their way to make your travels as painful and hassled as possible!!! Pretty much had to undress at the security line....then the pat down felt like I was in the back seat at the drive in. Those guys have small wiener cars too,

Now I'm listening to a 5 min speech at high volume about how to fasten a seat belt. Little plane with propellers that scares the hell out of me and...oh great....connecting flight in LA two hours late so my kids will be home alone extra long late tonight. All this after getting beat up in union negotiations by a bunch of bullies for six hours.

It's these kind of situations...where I feel completely disrespected....where my mind goes to having alcohol. Need to fill out one of Purp's addictive thought questionnaire on this. Trigger identified.

Rant off.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

LG- I get the small plane bit. One day for work I had to catch 4 flights over half the state- return to teach for 3 hours. The security bit- well that is the climate there at the moment, is it not? Remember not to allow the annoyance or anger- plus airport waiting allow the monster within to win you over.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

CH - good news, so glad!

Bobbie - also The Shack is out in theaters.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

LG - sorry to hear about your rotten day. Deep breath, plan places to tKe us when the gang visits
Old 03-16-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Yes. And it is OK. Breath. Notice things. The bright blue in your daughter's eyes. The cool brown of your son's hair. Stay in the moment. It takes practice, but you can do it.
Ok!!! Sounds like a great exercise! Just "being". Noticing things. Breathing. Relaxing. You're right....it WILL take lots of practice but it will be worth it!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:45 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Stopping by on my way out the door....another drum therapy session this evening ~ last week my instructor said I keep getting closer to 'the show' ~ like I'm gonna play a live gig one day or something?!? I think he's taking those crazy pills again!

I'll be back to catch up with everyone in a little while ~ Thanks everyone for being here!
That's awesome Purp! Let us know when and where you're gonna play and we will all come!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Yes and yes.

Meditation helps. My mind often races faster than my energy. Slowing down my thoughts instead of trying to keep up, is good.

Takes practice though and I do fail at it...often.
Yep! Perfect description! "My mind races faster than my energy!" My mind never shuts up....not even when I'm sleeping! It comes in the form of really weird dreams/nightmares.

On another note...I'm really sorry about your rough day. Small planes scare me too. And someone patting me down? Huge trigger! Ugh. I'm glad you posted. Hang in there! Sending a prayer out for peace for you after such a hard day.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Checking in on my way home from shopping. I am officially old...lol...and exhausted. Had a really nice time though and came out of it with a new running top, a cherry scented candle and a new handbag. Feeling grateful for such amazing kids and second chances ❤❤
So awesome Sam!
Old 03-16-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

PR I love the car description!!! : I hope your day improved.

Two weeks LB! Awesome!

Bobbie that's so sweet that you're able to connect with your daughter again!

Sorry I'm attempting this from memory and the A.D.D. is kicking in....

Lesson went well.....then saw a text from my sister who is clearly drunk at the bar. The text was of a picture of two guys, with the message saying 'remember him?' I honestly had to look at it a couple of times before I realized it's my ex husband! I didn't even recognize him....So glad I'm not at the bar......Message deleted....I haven't even responded to it, nor am I going to.....Speaking of unstoppable laughter!
Old 03-16-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

LillianGish - sorry about all those stresses. I get this mental image like a conga-line of complete strangers bursting in through the front door of one's home, making a raucous noise and disappearing out the back door. Be glad they're gone; shut your "doors", bolt and latch 'em.
Hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Well finally home, in my pj's and Sleepytime Tea is made.

CH - so glad to hear the great news!!

Purplrks - great job steering clear of that situation...certainly seems like something to avoid

LG - sorry to hear about your day...hope it has improved at least a little.....sending hugs

Bobbie - hope you have a ton of fun this week-end!!

Sorry to whoever I missed.....have a great night!!!
Old 03-16-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
LillianGish - sorry about all those stresses. I get this mental image like a conga-line of complete strangers bursting in through the front door of one's home, making a raucous noise and disappearing out the back door. Be glad they're gone; shut your "doors", bolt and latch 'em.
Hope you feel better soon.
This made me laugh so much - especially watching them conga right out the back door and slam goes the door!

Thank you for that Caramel. I needed that.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I should be trying to go to sleep. I'm pulling a Sam tomorrow, have to wake up extra early to take the cat to the vet for her spay. Drop off is at 6:45, then taking DD to before school care by 7:00 so I can head directly into work. I have to pick up the cat by 4:00, so I have to be early, early. At least I scheduled it for a Friday!
Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hope all goes well for your little cat, clearlyheaded
Old 03-17-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

CH I'm so glad to hear the good news from your doctor! Hope the kitty's appointment goes as smoothly as possible....I know those car rides are no picnic!

Sam I hope you had a relaxing evening....the Sleepytine Tea is great!

Speaking of a relaxing evening, that's what I'm looking forward to this evening of St. Pattys.....I never liked going out on these holidays anyway....way too crowded full of people I don't want to run into, besides it would take forever to get a damn drink! Amateurs!
Old 03-17-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Good morning friends. It's been 1 week and 1 day since my last drink. I'm feeling very determined! I went all the way back to March of 2016 last night and found my first posts. I wanted to try to identify patterns so I could avoid making the same mistakes. Crazy how fast a year went! This time next year I WILL have 1 year of sobriety!!! I feel it!

Lots of errands to run today and a meeting. Have a great day!
Old 03-17-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Morning and Happy sober St. Patrick's Day to everyone!!

CH - hope all goes well for your cat....and hope you get some down time today

Purplrks- I'm with you...I never really "did" holidays like this....and I don't like beer so green beer is especially nauseating to me

The plan for today is an orientation at a gym that I bought a two week pass to just to try out over my time off, therapy and then some time with DH (maybe a movie - has anyone seen Kong?)

Glad to be going to see my therapist today actually as I have been feeling really down lately...it comes and goes but when it is present I feel like I am in the fight of my life to stay sober. Not sure why and I can't make it go away for good so it will be the topic of conversation today. This seems to be the time that I start slipping and making the downward descent into drinking to make the feelings and the darkness disappear. (even though I know that logically makes zero sense) I have more sobriety time now than I have ever had before however and I feel less willing to give that up so easily....which I guess is progress.

Well off to find some startin' fluid
Old 03-17-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Sam- no I have not seen the movie ... BUT interestingly enough- to cope with these loonies- I label them after ficticious characters to laugh away annoying stuff. The guy in the unit above me IS KONG. Every noise- through 2 feet of concrete sounds like he is in the same room. From wee-wees through to singing (uhg), cutlery and walking- especially the walking. Just like in the Jessica Lange- K-K, when you hear the footfalls of Kong- careful measured and loud.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Lol PJ - the people above us have a baby learning to walk and has recently discovered how to push a kitchen chair across a hardwood floor...baby Kong maybe??
Old 03-17-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Sam- no, 'son of Kong".