Notices

Class of March 2016 part 43

Old 03-18-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Wow Keets! What an inspiring post! I sooooo needed to read it! I'm
Having a rough morning. Still sober though. I'm so happy for you and I hope to be as happy as you are in the near future! I only know of 1 thing that could screw that all up.....I think we ALL know about the poison that screws it all up!

Don't be a stranger. Please check in again soon! Your post gave me lots of HOPE!
Old 03-18-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

I just started a new thread in the Newcomers Forum if anyone is interested. Hoping to get some extra support. I will NOT drink over this!

Love you guys.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Howdy folks. Got my car back. So that fiasco is in the rear view mirror (pun definitely intended!). Going to take it easy today. Weather has triggered a bad headache. So it's a take care of me day today. I had ice pick headaches all day yesterday, so am wondering if it was a precursor to today's monster. I can actually pay attention to these things sober...not something I could do when drinking. They certainly aren't anything to worry about. But getting a better understanding of their patterns might help me fend them off better. Anyway, ramblings from inside my head today.

Kiki - I imagine it's a hard balance to figure out, but one that you both will have to work out together. Probably with some compromise and understanding on both parts. Not sure an all or nothing approach would be the healthiest for your relationship. Talking while cool heads prevail on both sides is key, I'm pretty sure.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Purplrks - your funny quote made me laugh out loud!
KiKi - to you; take care of you
clearlyheaded - I hope your headache disappears
xx to all
Old 03-18-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Keets - you sound really good! You've had such a tough year, it's great to hear that things are going well for you. Keep up the great work!
Old 03-18-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Thanks CH! Today is a "take care of ME day too!" And I agree...I need to cool down and do some thinking. I think my husband & I need a marriage counselor to help mediate this situation. It's been lingering WAY too long & hurting our marriage.

I hope you headaches stay away! Love u!
Old 03-18-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Quick check in to say hi. Hugs, Kiki. Glad today is better, CH- hope your headache goes away. Hi, Keets! Hey, Caramel!
Old 03-18-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Just catching up on reading posts in between loads of laundry.

Kiki I can't say I really have any advice for you; maybe try to remember that if you drink and then try to talk to your husband about his drinking, it will make it easier for him to throw it back and use it against you. Is there a way you could have some Kiki time.....a spa day, massage, or some stupid exercise? As much as I hate working out, it's the only way for me to keep going with my head on not so crooked....

(And once I saw MITA's post the same thing crossed my mind....then I read your response about the spouses and it was just what I was thinking....I laughed out loud!)
Old 03-18-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Wow Keets thanks so much for sharing.....just the motivation I need! I meant to ask since you like birds, have you ever (or do you have) an African Grey Parrot? My friend has one - I used to live there for a couple of years and OMG I never thought I'd laugh so hard just watching tv with him! They are too friggin' funny!
Old 03-18-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Thanks Purp! Yes...I'm having Kiki time ALL day today! I'm watching TV and hanging out with my cat & dog. My husband is in the house but I have not said a word to him today.....
Old 03-18-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

.......We did text each other from the opposite sides of the house though. :-/ Told him to please leave me alone today.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
What an afternoon. Went to pick up the cat from the vet. Then went to pick up a couple of onesies to put her in so she wouldn't have to wear a cone. I overshot the parking lot drive but tried to still turn in, hit the curb and blew my tire. I'm still used to my minivan that could handle a move like that. Low profile car with little tires....couldn't. Drove on the flat about 1/4 mile to avoid a tow to the tire place. They can't get a new tire until tomorrow. Walked a mile (with the cat in her carrier) to the school to get my kiddo. Got a ride home from there. AV is screaming her little head off, but I have no choice but to ignore her. No car!! Lol. This is going to cost me about as much as the cat's surgery. Ugh. But it's outta my hands. I have some extra cash in savings for this type of thing. Needless to say, I'm upset, frustrated and my inner 5 year old is pitching a fit. I may just have a cry. But cat, DD and I are home safe and sound. And it wasn't snowing or raining during my walk. And I got some exercise. Bright side

Thanks for letting me vent!
I'm a little late reading this, but I'm so sorry this happened! There are few things more upsetting than "car issues," right? Glad you made it home safe, and good move avoiding the tow bill!

Do you know that at the end of that miserable day on business travel Thursday, I'm pulling into town at 10 pm and a guy rear-ends my car. Slams right into me when I was stopped at a light because he was distracted trying to light his cigarette. I just thought....well, there's the cherry on the cake of this day!

I wanted a drink so bad when I got home! It almost felt like my earned right to have one. A cry is a much better release. Nothing wrong with that! Car troubles do that to most people. I just thought....ok let's just sit with this misery for a little bit and I bet it goes away. It did. Insurance is a wonderful thing when it comes through.

The kitty onesie made me smile. Hope the kitty is doing ok now.

Edited to add: just saw you didn't cry and had m&m's. Nice!!!
Old 03-18-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Also, in my time of despair, I took the opportunity to go out and buy a turntable. I don't think I've owned one in 20 years. I also picked up the essential vinyl - Miles Davis, "Birth of the Cool" and John Coltrane, "A Love Supreme". These are a few of my favorite things
Awesome MITA! Music is very healing, IMO.

Isn't it amazing vinyl is coming back?

I understand what you are saying about children. Your pup wagged her tail hearing your stories from heaven I bet.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Oh no, Lillian! Well crap! Are you alright? Sending hugs your way!

Good call, Kiki....I'd much rather hang out with the pets than some stupid guy anyway! (No offense to the guys here, Lol)
Old 03-18-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Well I wasn't the target for dodgeball practice this morning so work was really smooth...it reminds me of a funny quote: "It's so nice when a toxic person stops talking to you - it's like the trash took itself out"
LOL! Yes, isn't that the truth?
Old 03-18-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

OMG Seriously ~ Is there anything you would rather have in your shopping cart?!?!?
Old 03-18-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Evening all! Checking in on what will be a quiet night in.

MITA - twins! That is so cool!! Sounds like good "therapy" to me. Hope they know they have a pretty awesome Dad!

Kiki - sounds like a tough situation...I'm sorry Hopefully some good conversation can help you both...hugs

BBG - did I hear you say that you just might beat the 21 day jinx?!? Yes you most certainly will!! As for my daughter, I am very open and honest with all three of them and we have had the drinking talk many times. I am the first person in my family to have a problem with alcohol...and hopefully the last

Keets - you sound so good!! Glad to hear of your progress and your growth. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "I started working on the inside"....that's where all the important work takes place

Purplrks - great quote!! Lol.

CH - Headaches are the worst! Hope it fades fast!

Hi Bobbie!! Hi Caramel!!

Lillian - wow that was a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. And you made it through without a drink...awesome!! Hope both you and your car were okay?

Well I am off to start dinner...will be back later
Old 03-18-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Beautiful puppie Purp. Wish I had one just like it!
Old 03-18-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Sam I most definitely will beat the 21 day jinx. And I will continue from there!

The ole hag did raise her head and speak to me today. But I stuffed myself with peanut butter and crackers and she didn't like that and went away!!!

Whut's for dinner?
Old 03-18-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

It's brussel sprouts and garlic chicken tonight....yumm!!

Great job beating down the old hag BBG!!