Notices

Class of March 2016 part 43

Old 03-18-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I need to come and eat with you Sam. Luv whut you're havin'. I'm having kielbasa and potato soup with cornbread.

No BBT tonight. But TBS had it on for several hours this afternoon so I shouldn't have any withdrawal.

Everybody Loves Raymond is on the agenda tonight!
Old 03-18-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Wow Keets thanks so much for sharing.....just the motivation I need! I meant to ask since you like birds, have you ever (or do you have) an African Grey Parrot? My friend has one - I used to live there for a couple of years and OMG I never thought I'd laugh so hard just watching tv with him! They are too friggin' funny!
No big birds 2 budgies and 2 cockatiels. The girls are like big birds though lol they act like little kids
Old 03-18-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Nitey nite classmates. Time to lay down and watch Everybody Loves Raymond.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Update:

I talked to my husband before dinner tonight and we have decided to start marriage counseling. We have ALOT to work on! I'm going to make it my top priority to find a good therapist this week! I also wanted to report that I stayed sober through all that today. By grace of God! Love you guys so much. Thx for all your help today. :-)
Old 03-18-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Glad you talked and both agree to counseling.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are on the right track Kiki. Good for you. Just remember that drinking will not improve any situation!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Morning class!! Well after shopping with my girls on Thursday and then DH being off both Friday and yesterday, today feels like my first true day of vacation. I have worked out a plan for the next eight days that should help keep me sober and out of trouble. First thing on the agenda is the gym - I bought a two week pass to try out so wish me luck!!

Happy Sunday!!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Good luck to ya' Sam. I was wondering what your plan was going to be! Gym is good one.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

good for you KK.

Luck Sam
Old 03-19-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Happy to hear the update Kiki!! Communication can be a great thing!!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Wishing you all a wonderful and sober Sunday. We are headed to the Crayola Factory today after church so should be a fun day for the little ones. Will check back in later. Love you all and proud of everyone
Old 03-19-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Thanks MITA. Nice to know I'm not alone but really stinks! Where do you live? Maybe we should hook our spouses up and you and I can date. (((Just kidding)))
Don't tempt me woman - I am a just a man !!! Hahaha.

I'm glad you two are talking and seeking help and I hope things work out. Regardless of the outcome, you need to work through it in the right way, otherwise it just creates other issues.

Whirlwind tour begins in a few hours. I'll check in when I can.

Have an awesome Sunday everyone - You deserve it!!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Checking in. Brunch at the sorority house then heading home. It's been a great, peaceful weekend. Will catch up later. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Back from the gym...did 5K on the treadmill so not too shabby...

BBG - I will be working on my plan for the week today....so far I have some gym time, step classes and yoga sessions booked...I want to stay busy but I also would like to not over-schedule myself...this is supposed to be time off afterall...lol

LB - the Crayola Factory sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy!! Very proud of you too!!

MITA - take care of yourself this week!

Bobbie - glad you got this week-end with your daughter...what a precious and well-deserved gift...hugs

Well since the cleaning fairies I was hoping would show up overnight did not..I guess I am off to get started on the work myself...also the sun is shining which is pretty amazing!
Old 03-19-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! So glad to see you all here....sipping on some Starbucks and about to get ready for the concert.....I've been up since 3am so it'll be caffeine day for me ~ I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Gotta keep my av in check.....I'm bringing you guys along with me!
Old 03-19-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_KdotSbvf8

This is who I'm going to see if anyone wants to check it out.....the drummer (my hero) and the guitarist are from Godsmack
Old 03-19-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Kiki - I've never regretted keeping my marriage solid, even when at heated times I felt otherwise. My children are worth it. Our economic stability was worth it. We agreed on more issues than we disagreed. And well...often he had a point (lol!) and I might have been wrong. You're not wrong on this though. Counseling on a major issue like drinking sounds like a GREAT idea! I totally get where you're coming from on that.

LB - there's a factory making crayons??!! How fun is that??!! Wouldn't that be a good job? "I'm am in charge of the cornflower blue operation." .

Sorority life - sounds so fun Bobbie!!

Sam you sound so healthy and solid. I admire your daily efforts. I always think that when I read your posts and wanted to tell you that. And I think about you every time I have my daily cup of tea...my new habit to relaxing instead of drinking wine. Today will be Vanilla Almond with a dash of honey from the Republic of Tea.

Well, today is busy here. Time to head to Costco, although I have plenty of popcorn and batteries. Costco on the weekend is kind of scary here so I will put my patience hat on to fight crowds. Crowds trigger thoughts of drinking (introverts unite!) thus how to stop that?

It's a beautiful day here so car top will be open on the newly damaged car (at this point I'm laughing about recent dark Thursday), sunglasses, and a sundress should be something to lift the spirits. Gas up the car, get my nails done, laundry, spruce up the house and then tea on the patio to watch the sun go down. Busy hands are happy hands.

avahappysunday everyone!
Old 03-19-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Just watched that video Purp. That's awesome!!!

Have a great time!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

LG - Sounds like a great day!
Old 03-19-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Lillian- your day sounds fantastic!! Well maybe aside from the Costco trip...I avoid that place at all costs on the week-ends...it's a zoo!! Good luck!!

Purplrks - have fun tonight.....imagine how great tomorrow will be without a hangover and able to remember everything!!

Hey CH!!