Notices

One Year & Over Part 47

Old 03-12-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Glad you are ok, FBL
Old 03-12-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Whoops, first time in a very long time that I forgot to check in this morning!

Have a good one to all :-)
Old 03-12-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I can't believe I have to pack, AGAIN!! I've moved four times in the last two years. Hopefully this one will stick. I feel optimistic.
Oh and guess what, I'll be joining the ranks of you gardeners! I get the whole yard with garden boxes all to myself to do what I please, and it's a blank slate, save for some raspberry bushes. Exciting!!!! Please, bring on the gardening tips! What are your favourite things to plant?
FBL it sounds like the service was a good experience for you, glad it gave you some closure.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:16 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Fbl, pleased matts funeral went well.

Gleefan, hope you have a quick sale.

Inpar, a garden whoop! You've already a raspberry bush, brilliant. I got one last year but didn't get much fruit last year. I'm too looking for some summer flowers for when my spring ones go. I'm still learning myself but I think with perennials they come back year after year, but looking forward to any tips you might receive here, to glean from. Hubby likes sweet peas and although I put some seeds in last year nothing happened. I love the wild flowers and although I've planted seeds in the past not much has appeared.

The roundabouts in the town near us was full of wild flowers a few years ago, they looked gorgeous. This year they've got crocuses on them all, and they too look so pretty. Aaah, it's so nice seeing Spring and then summer arrive.

Inpar, just remembered what you said about my life sounding so peaceful, I think that's the sobriety kicking in and of course I've been forced to take a step back with health matters. It might slow me down but it won't stop me! Yay.

Hope it's a good day for everyone.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:52 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

We had a great family work day yesterday, DDs were cutting firewood while we moved a small shed on two small sleds. DS couldn't believe we did it! We've finished clearing this years forty metres of scrub I just have to lay about 15 metres of hedge before it leafs up.

Have the best day you can everyone.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thinking of you Fbl
Old 03-13-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Andy, you're a busy beaver!

Mags, what a marvelous attitude you have Life hands us many things and a great attitude makes a significant difference. When I drank, I tended to wallow in self pity. It's so much easier to be positive now.

Inpar, what fun that you will have your own garden! I know moving so often is a major hassle but it sounds like the results will be worth it.

Hi to all!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Old man winter isn't done with us yet. We've already got about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground with another 3-4 on the way today. Then, rain forecast for Friday! Gotta love March in Wisconsin

A new week ahead with new adventures...life goes on.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 03-13-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Be careful Glee, Saskia, Rusty and other East Coasters with the coming storm tomorrow. We are looking at 18"-24" inches possibly with blizzard warnings posted. Looking to just hunker down with the family tomorrow, as long as we don't lose power. Stay safe folks!

Glee, my wife and daughter have started binge watching Glee! I thought that would make you smile!

Take care everyone!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:00 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I like the idea of wildflowers Mags, I want things that will draw lots of birds and bees. I might plant some type of small tree. The yard is mostly concrete patio with beds all around the perimeter and a big circular one in the middle, and three large boxes the last tenants put in with good soil, that I will plant the food in. There is a white brick wall along the south that I think I will plant roses against, I love roses. Perennials are nice definitely, I will probably focus on that so it's low maintenance. Ferns grow well here so I might grow lots of those, or have a little fern bed. We'll see! But I will definitely plant greens and kale for my morning smoothies, and cucumbers and beans I think. Maybe squash? I don't know if that would work. Zuchini would be nice as well, and sweet potatoes. I think I have some research to do!
Thanks Sassy. The main thing that I'm worried about with this place is the cost. But it has everything that I want in a place and is in a really good neighbourhood within walking distance to two great parks, and easy access to the highway which is great for my little weekend road trips that I like to do. I think this place will make my life easier, or smoother. And, a wood burning fireplace, I mean come on!
And, I will definitely have bird feeders.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Good for you IP
Old 03-14-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

InPar your new place sounds fantastic.

Have the best day you can everyone.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:35 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

If the climate is right, InPar, I know yellow summer squash is easy to grow--it even grew for me, so it must be easy!

How are you doing, PJ?
Old 03-14-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Well, we ended up with about 10 inches of snow yesterday. Nothing like the East Coast will be getting today. Stay safe everybody!

Have a Terrific and/or Tolerable Tuesday.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

IP, your garden plans sound absolutely delightful! I can hear your enthusiasm in your post. I'll bet Harley will like it, too.

FBL, I hope we are as lucky as you are with the snowfall but am not expecting that. When I see the weather maps, I notice that in my state I am living in the comparatively smallish area on the coast that is supposed to have blizzard conditions. I'm especially happy to be living at the OFH in that kind of weather. We have emergency generators and a very creative staff so I can stay quite cozy and well-fed :-)

SG, Glee and anyone else in the storm's path, have a safe one!
Old 03-14-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Well, the storm of the year petered out somewhat, with many hours of sleet replacing what was supposed to be heavy snow. Guessing we only got 6-7 inches, but the winds are howling and it's cold. Brace yourselves further north!
Old 03-14-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

I don't know how much snow there is here...I just know it is the first snow I have ever seen.

I hope everyone in the path of the weather is safe and warm.

So much love to all of the Overs. ♥
Old 03-14-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Watching true news- hope you all affected by the tough weather are staying safe.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

A little divine gift for you, Suze.

Did you see it falling?
Old 03-14-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Yes....indeed.....here's a picture of it in motion....

Under that is our courtyard....