Notices

One Year & Over Part 47

Old 03-09-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good to see you Itchy and happy that you are making progress on the eye front, as well as the estate. Sometimes, the real world gets in the way of things at times.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-09-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

overs drive by

ola!
Old 03-09-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Morning, all...

FBL, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. He looks like a really good guy and the world needs more of those. Sending you a hug.

Saskia, congratulations from me, too!

Toots, such a glamorous life you lead! Nice to live it vicariously.

I am okay. Sad, so sad, but okay. Nicholas our 19-year-old kitty left us on Tuesday. At least this time I managed not to ugly cry until I got out of the vet's office.

He was just an ordinary little brown tabby on the outside, but he was such a zen and compassionate guy. He would somehow appear whenever I was at my worst and just be a comfort, even when I thought I was hiding it so well. He picked me at the shelter 18 years ago (I was there with a friend and was NOT looking for another cat...he had other ideas...) and I was lucky to have him in my life for so long.

This is the first of these many losses I have gone through sober. I notice that I am second-guessing myself less this time, so there's that. But it hurts. Duh.

The house I am selling for my parents is under contract with a short closing so I have a lot of scrambling to do on that plus the moving van arrives in two weeks. So no shortage of distractions here.

Sending you all a hug.

Aries
Old 03-09-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Aries- 'corse it hurts. You lost a mate. Look after your self. Be human- experience grief naturally.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry, Aries. Good luck with the sale of the house.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Aries

Itchy, nice to hear from you. This too shall pass! Very happy to hear the eye dr. is able to get your peepers up to par.

We had unbelievably crazy wind speeds all day here yesterday. Gusts over 60 mph that were unrooting mature trees that were falling onto power lines, onto houses etc. (one in the back of our yard but no harm done). There are over 600,000 people without power in the metro area. Again, very thankful we have power, but many schools and businesses are closed.

So that's the report from the front line! Mother Nature never ceases to amaze.

Happy Thursday, Overs!
Old 03-09-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm sorry Aries
Old 03-09-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

So sorry, Aries - sending big your way. Our fur-babies are so very special.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

How's your dad, SW, and how's your wrist?
Old 03-09-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((ariesagain)))

d
Old 03-09-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Aries, so sorry , been thinking about you

Itchy, good to see you, pleased you're getting there with your eye treatment.

Fbl, Matt looks a great guy, a good friend.

I had a bit of dilemma on way home last night. I'd ordered my shopping to click and collect on way home from work. I'd received several emails through the day, getting your order ready, your order ready to collect after 4pm, ring ahead and we will have it ready to bring out to your car! Amazing.....except the shop had no groceries for me! ......I remember when that would've been a big deal and drama, enough to drink!.....I wrote a letter explaining and that I don't want to be charged for what I didn't receive. And I'm ok. There's a lot worse in the world than a bit of shopping I can get again.

My work colleague who sits on my left is so funny, very dry humour, usually at my expense, but he cracks me up. We don't really have conversations more like one liners. It's good to have a banter. Work is ok.

It's my ex work colleagues funeral next Wednesday and his sons have asked if I would take care of the charity trays and they sometimes go walkabout, so I said yes. They've also asked if one of his work colleagues would like to say a short eulogy but I have had no volunteers, but it is a big ask, I think you have to know a person well to give a eulogy. I stopped myself from it being my responsibility. I nearly took it on board but that's not me anymore.

Well it's Friday, I've just had porridge with honey, my healthy living course is on its 8 th week yesterday and I'm not doing so good. I just need that switch to turn in my brain, you know the one with MOTIVATE ME on it!

Happy Friday Overs

Old 03-09-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Best wishes to everyone.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:49 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Aries I had to laugh when you said I lived a glamorous life! I spent 3 hours yesterday piercing holes in out of date contact lens packets to render them unusable before binning them! ( though I did wear my tiara while I worked....)
I feel for you saying goodbye to your cat, my Spud gave me 17 years and was with me through some real turmoil. I was bereft when I lost him and allowed him the same grief I would the loss of any solid relationship. You boy leaves a hole in your life, allow grief, then enjoy all those fond memories.
I hope all goes well with the sale and the move, we have moved so many times and made a lot of purchases none of which go through without something happening. You sound in control of things which is good.

Itchy great to hear from you mate.

Sass, what's the weather like there now?

Mags, I will miss the interaction of work when I leave next month, I work with the public and having been there for 6 years ( with 10 months off in Boston) I know some of the patients really well. I can have a real banter with some of them. There has been a huge change in staff this last year, all the old ones have moved on and the new ones are nice enough, but not the same.
I do worry I might isolate, I need to line up some lunch dates! ( Finally, I get to be a 'Lady who lunches' I can wear the tiara.....)
Old 03-10-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Aries, so sorry to hear about your kitty. Even though it's the right thing to do, it's always tough. Sending hugs your way today.

It's a very busy day for me. I've got to get a haircut and also bump up my oil change as I'll be driving 230 miles (one way) for Matt's funeral tomorrow morning. I'm glad I joined FB as everyone is on there sharing their memories of Matt. He was one of those guys that had hundreds (maybe thousands) of real life friends and not one of them ever had a bad word about him. I'm sure it'll be like old home week tomorrow and there will be some great memories shared. Luckily, I can do the poets day thing and duck out of work a couple hours early.

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Mags, I'm so pleased for you that you have a co-worker to share some good banter. I quit smoking many years ago, quit drinking... but healthy living just seems like a bridge too far for me. In spite of my creakiness, I still keep hoping

Toots, the weather is typical March - sunny and temperate for a few days then wham! another snowstorm. Like life, Mother Nature is predictably unpredictable.

FBL good that you are going to Matt's funeral. It can be so sad and beautiful to share memories of someone like him.

Have a beautiful POETS day to all!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Aries, so sorry about your loss. They really are family and the grief we feel when they pass is genuine.

Safe travels FBL. It will be good to share stories of how Matt made a positive impact in so many lives.

Best wishes for a great day all!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

FBL, thanks for reminding me to put oil in my car!!!! I'm so sorry for your loss too. I feel like his funeral will be quite the event.
Aries, also, it hurts to lose a pet, it really is heartbreaking, I'm so sorry.
Toots! Glamour!
Speaking of glamour, I've accepted a new apartment! I'm doing it. I'm sad to leave my apartment, which I really love, but I can't have my dog here comfortably and that is leaving a hole in my life. So I signed the papers last night on a ground floor suite that is in a great neighbourhood, it's near some awesome parks and it has a wood-burning fireplace, an extra room for a studio and a backyard and patio that is all mine to do with as I please. The only down side is that it is expensive, it's $350 more per month. But really I don't spend my money on much and it will be worth it to have a nice place for me and Harley.
Work is better. Still on the fence every time my boss is a stressy B, but I think I can handle it. The other coordinator is doing the part of the job that I hated, the numbers and budget, so that really really helps.
On that note, I must go get ready!
Old 03-10-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

I'm glad there's someone to share the burden, InPar.

Congratulations on the new place!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Do your best

Best Wishes InPar and I love the name of your pooch
Old 03-10-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

IP, the new apartment sounds great!