Notices

Class of March 2016 part 41

Old 02-11-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Sounds wonderful Peacefulrain- kudos, respect and appropriate virtual hugs to you. Burger topping? I - of course meat, proper stuff, not fat and sawdust. Fresh salady things- including beetroot. PEPPER- lots of it. Cheese- has to bew next to the bum. A little mayo/mustard by the tomato. A little tomaoteoeo sorce next to the meat- no salt. I can cope with out pickle. Fried eggs are okay. Onions- yes. If there is a 'something with garlic' in it dressing, yep. Avacado is good. Anything really.
Good for you PR. PJ
Old 02-11-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I am SO glad for bed. Absolutely nothing I took today for my allergies worked so it's time for Benadryl!

I'm going to watch a few more episodes of the people vs OJ Simpson. I wonder how much of it is true. I like Cuba Gooding Jr but I don't think he's a convincing OJ but John Travolta is so friggin creepy looking now that I can't look away! I think that's 99% of the reason I'm watching it!

Good night all!
Old 02-11-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

PJ my oldest like an egg on his burger GROSS!!! I don't like eggs at all, I call them liquid chickens. I love all things spicy so I pile on the jalapeņos, chipotle mayo and pepper jack cheese YUM.

Marchies weigh in on the burger topping for me, please. I'm compiling a list of possibilities.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Morning!! Just waking up...slept in a little - woot!! Looked out the window a minute ago and it is snowing like a beast...so much for the plus temperatures yesterday lol.

Today is a day alone and I am so excited about it...although I don't know why....no plans really just some laundry, food prep and a bit of focus on recovery stuff...have not been paying as much attention as I should be to that area lately.

Oh also got a text from middle daughter late last night - they are back safely in Canada...yay!!

Well off to find a cuppa regular old breakfast tea...
Old 02-12-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

PR - don't know if you have a restaurant near you called The Works? It's a gourmet burger bar with the weirdest toppings like mac and cheese...and patty options like a portabella mushroom....

Your party ideas sound like so much fun!!
Old 02-12-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

PR wow. You really do it all. How did you ever have time for drinking before? Not sure if it's been mentioned but fried onion pieces are a fav topping of mine. I love Red Robin's Whiskey River BBQ burger, despite its name.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Yummm AK - fried onions are a good choice.

Man now I want a burger for breakfast..lol...better than ice cream I guess...
Old 02-12-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. I can't believe I'm watching a John Wayne western along with my startin' fluid this morning. But hey it's on and I love John Wayne!!!
Old 02-12-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers! Yea, I complained about being bored. It's all my fault. I cut my calories way, way back since December. It took me a long while to get used to living sober everyday. Then I had thought I had gotten used to being hungry all day. Yesterday I just couldn't seem to handle it any longer and had one of Spacegoats "F' it" moments and I pigged out in the evening. Weekends are harder on my willpower when I have all that free time to myself. Idleness leads to trouble and all that!
One of my sisters is dragging me to a car show this morning so I'll be good for today. Anyways, enjoy your day everyone! I'll check back in this evening!
Old 02-12-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Sounds like fun, Upstairs. One pig out day won't hurt you.

I mean, cheese and bacon and BBQ sauce is just a perfect burger. I feel boring.

Good day yesterday. Today is going to be awesome!! I'm going to make it so.

Love you guys!
Old 02-12-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I got complacent about drinking and decided to listen to AV last night. Strange how that switch can flip so suddenly. Anyway, we all know the outcome. It definitely wasn't worth it. I didn't enjoy it. I don't like the feeling anymore. I feel like crap. Maybe it was a reminder that I needed. I don't know. Trying not to beat myself up, but I'm really disappointed that I chose to drink. The rest is already down the drain.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

CH- keep posting. Keep on fighting the crap AV stuff. Thoughts and support to you.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Just finished watching the HBO Documentary "Risky Drinking". It was really good...the guy at the end made me cry. I don't want to end up there.

A few of the take-a-ways for me that I thought I'd share;

One of the people featured, Noel, a young, single mom said "I want to be amazing and when I drink I'm not that awesome" - might be paraphrasing a little but....ditto.

Then a doctor was interviewed and he basically said that slips and relapses can be seen as opportunities rather than failures and that they usually occur on the path towards recovery. Hmmmm.....so maybe stepping stones as opposed to a flogging stick.

All in all a good hour spent...I won't be drinking today.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

CH - hugs!! I think it is very brave and extremely strong to be back here right away. Take good care of yourself....be gentle. We are here for you ❤❤
Old 02-12-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Definitely been there many times myself CH. Never give up. Us Marchers are winners!!!
Old 02-12-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

The difference between now and before, CH- you're still here. In the past, you disappeared. No beating yourself up. Get up, dust yourself off, keep moving forward. You are doing an amazing job. Love you. A lot.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

It was really hard to come here today. But disappearing isn't an option. I need you guys. And I like you an awful lot. Going to spend some time today reflecting on the last couple of weeks - because I know this didn't come out of the blue - and figuring out a better game plan moving forward.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I'm going to check that out Sam.

Glad you are back on the horse CH!

BBG my all time favorite movie is McLintock with John Wayne and Maureen O'hera. Man she was beautiful. I'm also a huge Ma and Pa Kettle fan. Those are old. I'm 42 and most people my age don't know who they are.

AK I don't know how I managed to do any of this drunk or hungover either.

I agree with the fried onions. I think I'm going to put the ususal suspects out and make some different sauces. My oldest has already requested a homemade pepper relish. He's like his momma and loves all things spicy!

I had my first alcohol related dream last night since I quit. I was in a grocery store and had a F'it moment and grabbed a bottle of wine. Then started saying no no no no noooooooo in my head. I put it down and rushed out of the store. I think I'll stay away from the grocery store today just in case!
Old 02-12-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

CH all the times I disappeared from here after I drank was because I didn't want to stop drinking. Glad to see you back the very next day.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

PR - One of the home delivery meals that I used to get had different sauces to go with steak. Curry ketchup (curry powder, paprika), yum yum sauce (mayo, sriracha, sugar, paprika), and horseradish parsley mayo. The curry ketchup was my least favorite. I bet a chipotle ketchup would be good.