http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-39-a-20.html

D
Old 01-28-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shot gun!!!
Old 01-28-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay! I got shotgun! Haha.

Hey Spacegoat! Yeah....I'm back. Missed you guys!

Good night BBG and Sam and everyone else! I hope everyone had a great day!
Old 01-28-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

1434 Saturday here. 40 million degrees C here. Practising mindfulness and just getting on with life. My plant(s) is doing very well. Saved and split a spider plant- it is thriving. Saved new growth from 2 others- a Boston fern and a plantie thing. My little in room garden. I talk to them- collectively called plantie.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
1434 Saturday here. 40 million degrees C here. Practising mindfulness and just getting on with life. My plant(s) is doing very well. Saved and split a spider plant- it is thriving. Saved new growth from 2 others- a Boston fern and a plantie thing. My little in room garden. I talk to them- collectively called plantie.
I love plants! Exactly how hot is it there? It's freezing here!
Old 01-28-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

100F. At least it is the baking, dry sort- not the 90 second thunderstorm with humidity to make everything steamyish. Exactly what IS shotgun? Here it means being next to the driver in the front. From the 'wild west' times, I think- so who ever sat by the driver person on stages would blow the hell out of anyone that was a threat to people and goods-'riding shotgun?'. Aust. has a famous stage coach line as well- that famous one whose name eludes me, no- Cobb and Co. Linked with the gold rush period in Victoria, I think.
Ned Kelly has a beard.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Kiki, "La La Land" is a romcom/drama/musical film up for a record 14 Academy Awards. It wouldn't have been a first choice for me, but my wife wanted to go so I tagged along. Glad I did!! It's just a delightful, uplifting movie. I loved it. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone are perfectly paired. And the message, don't give up on your dreams even if fate takes you in directions you weren't expecting. Nice.

Probably just a cleaning day for me. My study is, ahem, disgusting, sheer clutter and dust. I had a dream last night and people kept walking in on me and just staring in wonder at all the boxes and books and etc. I had to keep shooing them out!! One guy said, "I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes."

Some profs are famously cluttered people and on campus everyone knows who they are. I had an office beside a music prof who had been there for probably 30 years. I was always first in the office, when the housekeepers were at work, and quite a few times one would come into my office and say, "You want to see something?" So off we'd go to take a look. Wow, just wow! And he actually had a SECOND office for the overflow. I have no idea how they cleaned it all out when he retired. Whew, at least I wasn't that bad.

Considering the dream, I think it's time to tackle it, lol.

PJ, I read your thread on self-forgiveness and it gave me lots to think about. In fact, I'll reread it. Thanks for that. Your presence on SR is marvelous and positive and we are all so very thankful.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pelagic that is exactly how my brother described LaLa Land to me when I was contemplating seeing that movie - "delightful". And it was. Glad you enjoyed it!

Checking in, I have been even more tired than usual and trying to simply rest when the kids let me, and pull my eyes from my phone. Been doing lots of Legos and board games. As restful as we get around here. I can play some of those games with my eyes half closed anyway.

It's great to see so many people posting! My days are screwed up bc of a struggling day last weekend but I'm still around. Had Chilis for dinner after my family vetoed Chipotle (I almost said - "I've got to finally try Chipotle so I can tell Kiki!") and then an early night to bed with just 4 wake ups I think. Progress.....
Old 01-29-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Morning!! Wonky sleep last night...weird dreams and woke up with a headache....so laid in bed until eight (practice makes perfect BBG...pretty soon it will be nine and then ten...) when Charlie decided it was time to go outside.

Anyways it's a cleaning and laundry day here so no exciting plans.

Dee - thanks for the new home

PJ - it feels like -100 degrees here. And shotgun means the same here...it means getting the front seat, being first etc. Ned Kelly sounds like a very cool guy.

Kiki - hi!!!!! How are you?? Happy Sunday!

Pelagic - glad you enjoyed the movie!

AK - hope you get the rest you need

Well I am off to find some startin' fluid....
Old 01-29-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ned Kelly? Irish dirt farmer background. Harassed by Victorian police. Got pissed off- took to crime and killing. Some deify him as a rebel with a cause. Other think he is a murderer. I think he was pissed off and got carried away. I also think killing does not help (they did hang him). I was not there. Cannot judge. Have similar Irish blood somewhere in there myself. He did have a big beard. Actually many metro guys now have the look. Great big beards with the RM Williams moleskins, Akubra hat and the mandatory leather man. Usually that look is about $700 or so. The beards are perfectly clipped (still bushy) within a micromillimeter and down to a follicle. Managed with man product. There are online sites as to how best approach other beards- with correct beardy manners. Such as 'Great beard, man- can I touch it?'.
Mine is brown/grey - I trim it with surgical scissors. My hat is old and battered and used for a purpose. My jeans are old. My multi-tool is kept in my man bag (that at least is a good idea- had one for 25 years). I do have a wear every day pair of thongs and a good pair of thongs to wear to meetings.
A good example to me to remind myself of mindfulness. I do not mind the young metro guys lording it about. Good on 'em. If you think you got it....
Going to seriously pursue art- as a means of working out the stuff raging in my head. Today's focus- my dad and birthday bro. Going to art them- tried the think of a positive thought, there care none. Just negative or neutral. So I will just paint and see what comes up. I learn a lot about myself by doing this. It is not so much imagery- but colour, context, shape, pattern and light. I understand myself more honestly looking at what comes out naturally on canvas. (sigh).
Pelagic- my Uni office was big, so I had a lot of room to put crap in it to look impressive. It was far more important to see to be doing. 'I am just on my way to see god about that 900,000 dollar grant to organise world peace.' What cynical- me? HA!
Old 01-29-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. I slept soooo good last night. I think I slept a hole in my bed!!!

Sippin' startin' fluid and gettin' ready to make some breakfast. Gotta' try and establish a meal routine. I expect it's gonna' take a few days but I'll make it.

Pelagic good luck with your cleaning day. It's a wash day for me. I'm outta' pullover shirts. Got lotsa' button up but I prefer pullovers so I gotta' do laundry!

Applecat I hope you get some rest soon. I know the tired feeling and it's the pits.

Sam it'll never be 9 or 10. Charlie won't allow it!!!

Have a great day everybody.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well I just want to repeat how stupid of me it was to know what a big trigger hunger is to me and I still allowed myself to get hungry.

It's like somebody that goes to a bar after work everyday and drinks until midnight. Then quits drinking but still keeps going to the same bar until midnight!!! Ain't a gonna' work.

Here's the schedule I've made for myself:

8 AM – Breakfast
12 noon – Lunch
3 PM – Snack
6 PM – Dinner

I made the 8 breakfast time this morning but I only had Honey Nut Cheerios. I didn't have anything planned!

So meal planning is something else I'm gonna' have to incorporate. I'm in the process right now of scheduling out meals for next week.

This is a little more involved that I thought it would be but I feel it's certainly worth the effort. It will become a habit the more I do it. All I've got to do is stick to it!!!

I'm relapse focused! In addition to hunger I'm trying to think of other things that might be triggers for me and figuring out how to alleviate them also.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
100F. At least it is the baking, dry sort- not the 90 second thunderstorm with humidity to make everything steamyish. Exactly what IS shotgun? Here it means being next to the driver in the front. From the 'wild west' times, I think- so who ever sat by the driver person on stages would blow the hell out of anyone that was a threat to people and goods-'riding shotgun?'. Aust. has a famous stage coach line as well- that famous one whose name eludes me, no- Cobb and Co. Linked with the gold rush period in Victoria, I think.
Ned Kelly has a beard.

Wow! It's HOT there!!! I don't like heat. I don't know why we say "shot gun" when we are the first on the new thread. I just say it because everyone else does. Lol!
Old 01-29-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Well I just want to repeat how stupid of me it was to know what a big trigger hunger is to me and I still allowed myself to get hungry.

It's like somebody that goes to a bar after work everyday and drinks until midnight. Then quits drinking but still keeps going to the same bar until midnight!!! Ain't a gonna' work.

Here's the schedule I've made for myself:

8 AM – Breakfast
12 noon – Lunch
3 PM – Snack
6 PM – Dinner

I made the 8 breakfast time this morning but I only had Honey Nut Cheerios. I didn't have anything planned!

So meal planning is something else I'm gonna' have to incorporate. I'm in the process right now of scheduling out meals for next week.

This is a little more involved that I thought it would be but I feel it's certainly worth the effort. It will become a habit the more I do it. All I've got to do is stick to it!!!

I'm relapse focused! In addition to hunger I'm trying to think of other things that might be triggers for me and figuring out how to alleviate them also.
Looks great! Maybe add some protein into your breakfast because it will help you stay full longer. Also a snack between breakfast & lunch! I'm doing the same thing! I'm also trying to eat healthy because sugary foods can cause cravings.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Pelagic, that movie sounds really good! Is it still in the theaters or on DVD now?

Applekat, I can't believe you didn't get to try Chipotle! That stinks! Lol.

Sam, hey!!! I had weird dreams too! Too weird to even understand. Lol.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-29-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Beerbgone - they sell a ton of microwave breakfast foods now loaded with protein and fat. It'll get you going in the morning!
Happy Sunday everyone! I'm off to do a chest workout and then a half hour on the bike. Take care!
Old 01-29-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey, guys!

Abraham Lincoln had a beard.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

BBG - I love the planning!! Personally I eat like clockwork...and yes, if I skip a meal or fall behind for some reason the cravings kick in pretty quickly. I have been eating high protein, low carb since the beginning of January and I am having quite a lot of success with that

Well the house is clean-ish and two loads of laundry are done...still one to go but that can wait until this afternoon. Going to do some recipe hunting for dinner tonight and then get Charlie out for a walk. I will not drink today.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Bobbie!!
Old 01-29-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

We Will Win!!!