Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 38

Old 01-24-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

OMG, lol - I made damper tonight and had vegemite on it. I've been eating so much vegemite this week...I blame Straya Day coming up.

I forgot how much I looooove Vegemite. :P

Snoooooooozy! 3 glorious weeks. Good on you, girl. Seriously, feel overjoyed for you. Brave and strong, that's what you are - keep going sweetie, so very happy for you.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

But I am volunteering. I 'm helping with props/accents for a play, and last night, I read for a girl who wasn't there. When the ladies weren't needed, I sat beside a lady who is about my age and tried to engage her in conversation, about the play, her role, her experience as both an actor and director. She literally said, "ummmn" hardly looking up from her phone, and went back to play a game on her phone. Then she called out to her guy scene partner, "remember the time we........" and they laughed together. They didn't tell me the funny story.

I also ran into the woman who I'd asked to go to a movie with me, and I said hello and she rushed by me and said she was late for a meeting, which I later found out was a lie because this was at 5: 45pm and I found out later the meeting began at 6:00pm. She didn't want to engage with me. I feel the theatre guild is a closed shop, and I don't know if I will ever be accepted. I know I am a depressive, but when well, I'm funny and engaging, but I can't seem to break into friendships.
Mark texted me on Christmas and New Year and last week, and I was cordial, but brief in response, which I think is for the best, but I have to say, I do miss him.
What is wrong with me?
I don't want a boyfriend, just some friends in real life. I've got movie doc tickets for all this coming weekend, and no-one to go with! I'm still getting out there, and I remember last year, seeing some old work colleagues, and I suggested we get together for a coffee sometime, to be met with yes, let's do. But when I follow up, no response. Oh, I guess I talked about that already.
Well, you guys know the story. Is it any wonder that alcohol became my stalwart friend??
Old 01-24-2017, 01:09 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Ok, just called the Humane Society here and they're not accepting volunteers at the moment, they have too many!
Old 01-24-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

I think it's your birthday over there already, Snoozy. I do hope you have a good day.
Lots of love and good wishes from me!
Old 01-24-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Leshar, advice I have been given for my daughter is that depressed people can't just "expect" people to know how to deal with them and their illness. Expecting people to always react the way WE want (depressed or not) is setting oursleves up for disappointment....and so the cycle continues. "No one understands".

Trust me, I can be guilty of having high expectations of people also.

Hence why I posted the link to professional support lines as an option. It is unfair to expect everyone in your personal life to know how you want to interact. It doesn't mean they don't care, it really doesn't. I'm sure even Larry was unsure of how to make you happy at times - but it didn't mean he didn't care.

Please consider calling the professional support lines, Leshar. Please.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Dearest Wendy ~

So so much love; hope it's a wonderful day for you sweetheart!!!
Old 01-24-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Leshar honey, I was thinking about a volunteer position in a women's shelter, or a soup kitchen or something along those lines.....for me, this kind of thing helps me to feel needed and really takes me out of myself when I am feeling low and lonely.

Just a thought. More love.

Hello dearest Crois and PJ.

"....we just adore our vegemite...... "

And guess what? Nick loves it too, big time.
Why do you think I'm marrying him?

Old 01-24-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Wendy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (86.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-24-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Sorry, did remember, Wendy - just got interrupted by calls mid-posting this morning.

Have a wonderful day!

P.s. venus - on the vegemite, very glad Nick loves it, my partner is not Australian too, but we are planning a proper vegemite tasting session for him soon as he's not so convinced it's awesome, haha.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday Snooz

D
Old 01-24-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

That's fantastic Crois.....Nick seriously loves it as much as I do.
That gives him major points. Not that he needed any more points.
He's seriously just the most incredible man....yeah, I know, moosh moosh.

And I LOVE that meme....just gorgeous!

And hello Dee.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Snoozy!!! So proud of you!!

I'm ok guys ...long story, will catch up later.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I saw a psychologist for the first time last week and I felt so good and positive. Then I found out the therapist wasn't "in network" and our deductible was $6500. Still fighting and love you alll
Old 01-24-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Ladybuggggg I'm so happy to hear from you, what a lovely birthday present

You guys are the BEST. Talk about a big grin on my face after reading your birthday wishes.

I'm truly blessed to have you all as my friends. You are the best bunch of people, seriously.

I feel really special.

I've had a wonderful day. Shaun and I got up early and went to the markets. He bought me some lovely things. Hippy pants ( my girls are always calling me a hippy lol ) a tie dyed t shirt , beaded curtains , earrings , some incense , incense holders, other little trinkets. I feel thoroughly spoilt.

Holly rang me from her holiday in Whyalla, that was lovely.

Mum & Dad just left , we had coffee and cake, bless their little cotton sox.

The got me a series called ' The Doctor' can't wait to watch it in a marathon session.

I've had so many messages from my friends at work. I feel so loved .

Life really truly is good for me now.

I'm in a good place guys

Love you all xxxxx
Old 01-24-2017, 08:50 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((LB)))

Hope the rest of your day is great Wendy

D
Old 01-24-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Ladybug, you can do this. I'm sorry things are rough, and I'm assuming (sadly) on how you've posted that you may have drank again?

Please don't lose hope. The biggest obstacle is in you, and I say that with so much kindness....I've been there too, we all have, but the tools are all ready for you, you just need to be honest and pick them up - not the alcohol.

I'd love to know the sober you and see how that unfolds, I bet she is wonderful. She is in you, crying to be let out and free from this nightmare.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Oooh, just saw your birthday post, Wendy. What a sweet day. So so happy for you....may your hippy beads tinkle all day long!

I've just gotten back into incense this past year...I have to be careful though with my asthma. Something I never had to consider when I was a "baby hippy" when I was 17, lol.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Crois ! Your kitty shredder post lol xxxx
Old 01-24-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone,

I saw a psychologist for the first time last week and I felt so good and positive. Then I found out the therapist wasn't "in network" and our deductible was $6500. Still fighting and love you alll
Oh no.....not good. If we can help in any way....I know you will work this out love.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

So glad you had a great day Wendy love.