Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 49

Old 02-07-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Painting them is all well and good--but I shudder to think of the mess that would happen when you tried to wash them! As soon as you get their fur wet, they'd shake!

Speaking of nice-looking dogs, Buddy, that's a great picture of Nature Boy and Aunt Bea!
Old 02-07-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

It is just a matter of perspective G. Do not let the semantics of dog painting discourage you. YOU CAN DO THIS! Just shave Wilbur baby bum bald- THEN paint. 2 layers should be enough.

I hope all are okay. 42C here today (1203 am, 8th Feb).
Old 02-07-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking about me, Duff. I am doing much better. I called the doctor's office yesterday and set up a follow up appointment. The nurse had my chart right in front of her, and she seemed very sunny and friendly. I said, "Things didn't go so well--I bet the doctor's disgusted with me."

She said, "Oh, no!"

So I guess he won't tell me to get another doctor (he did that with someone I know who refused to follow his instructions).

knowh
Old 02-07-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

And by the way--I don't know if anybody remembers the monumental nuisance it was trying to get my college son his booster shots.

Well, yesterday he got the final round. IT'S DONE!!!

Duff, I'm glad your sons are adjusting so well! Sounds like a fantastic weekend!
Old 02-07-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Prayers, G.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

hi guys ! Doing well, and going to AA at noon today. We had a little snow this morning so I'm hoping the streets won't be slippery. and of course the wind is suppose to pick up this afternoon.
Babs
Old 02-07-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thanks for your prayers, PJ.

Listen, I hate to tell you guys, but I've had 70 degree weather here for the last two days (21 C)!
Old 02-07-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

But on Thursday we're going to have snow!
Old 02-07-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Read it and weep:

National Weather Service
Old 02-08-2017, 12:49 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

42C outside and it is 7.30 pm. Tomorrow and Friday both 40+ C. But that is okay, tonight it is getting down to 30C. At least it keeps me and the other loonies quiet.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Chili for breakfast!
Old 02-08-2017, 03:24 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Well, life is looking up!

I had taken a whole month and a half off after my last class because I had had such a problem staying motivated. I loved the entire Old Testament, and I tolerated Hebrew, because it really did helping studies; but I really wasn't that keen on anything else.

It took every ounce of resolve to finish my last (non-biblical) class.

My degree is a Masters in Biblical Studies, and I'm 1/3 done. My intent wast to finish up the New Testament next, then finish the rest of the degree; but after my last class I had thoughts of just giving up the degree: why pay money to torture myself? Vanity? To keep my mind occupied? Those just didn't seem like good enough reasons.

But I decided I should definitely finish up the New Testament so I will have deeper knowledge the entire Bible.

But then I was faced with another dilemma: should I subject myself to the cruel and unusual punishment of learning Greek? I knew how much Hebrew had helped with the OT, so I knew I really should take Greek next--but the thought of another language on top of the last boring course made me want to die!

But after dragging my feetr
Old 02-08-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

This phone won't even let me scroll to the bottom of my post! Tomorrow Lord willing I'll get my own phone back!

Anyway, I bit the bullet and took Greek I--and it's so much fun! The author of the textbook and workbook is ingenious!

This is NOTHING like Hebrew! I'm actually enjoying it tremendously--and now I'm not feeling doom and gloom about persevering for the other 2/3 of the degree.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

That's great, Gilmer :-)
Old 02-08-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good for you G. You can introduce yourself at parties as 'Keeper of the Wilbur and Master of the Divine'.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds great Gilmer

D
Old 02-09-2017, 12:15 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Gilmer.... I have to be the one to say it.... It's all Greek to me!!
Seriously, I'm glad you have something you enjoy, to get your teeth into. I was doing well enough learning Spanish, but with no one to practise on I lost my momentum. And then my internet is so bad at the moment the recording I download keep hiccuping. I will be fluent in hiccuped Spanish!
We leave for the long journey next week, not as bad as it might have been. For anyone interested in seeing it on a map, the plan ( as yet, minor details up to the ferry may change) I leave Dundee Wednesday for an overnight in Washington. ( North of England, not DC, though with my innate sense of direction and habit of arguing with the SatNav....) then down to St Neots to drop the dog out the car window into my mums waiting arms (literally a flying visit) then onto Southampton for another overnight, before driving to the ferry port in Portsmouth (home of Pompeii, the local football club - that's real football not the sort where they dress up as telly tubbies and throw the ball, I'm talking soccer ( and not that pure mad radio rental game they play down under - freaking 'Aussie rules' football? Is that not just an excuse for men in very very short shorts to fight in packs PJ?- )
Friday morning we get the ferry to Santander noth Spain. We arrive Saturday lunchtime and then drive to an overnight in Zaragoza, then an early start to drive the rest of the way to Almeria.
It sounds like a lot, but is not as bad as getting the ferry Dover to Calais and driving down through France. There are more direct routes through Spain but are either smaller roads ( and I don't fancy hairpin bends on single track with a box trailer!) or very busy ( and we are driving a right hand drive on a right hand road towing, so the less traffic the better for all concerned!)
When we arrive, we are staying a couple of nights in a hotel to give ourselves chance to get one room done up as a bedroom. The wifi there will be patchy so I probably won't be around too much ( who was that cheering at the back?) but will be home around the 6th March, with Molly unless the parentals hide her when I go back to reclaim her! ( last time the neighbours all but signed a petition to keep her there)
*radio rental - weegie (Glaswegian) rhyming slang for mental- **Radio Rentals was the name of an abundant chain of shops in the '70's that sold -and yes rented radios and TVs to those who couldn't afford them. Try explaining to a kid today you lived in a time people rented radios! How times have changed!

Ok for those still awake, have a thought provoking Thursday.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Sounds like quite a trip, Toots :-)
Old 02-09-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Sass, are you buried in snowed??