Notices

One Year & Over Part 44

Old 12-13-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Sober - I stay away from all energy drinks and just contain myself to tea now - no coffee (or, very rarely, one cup) either! Hope your day goes well
Old 12-13-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
^^^ who's that cat fbl?
My avi today is Jim Lowe. He was a DJ and recording artist back in the 1950s. He just passed away at the age of 93. He hit #1 in the US back in 1956 with a song called "The Green Door". My Mom used to play the 45 when I was a kid.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Ah, FBL - haven't heard that song in way too many years!
Old 12-13-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Do your best

My mum would love that song she might of even had it it brought memories of dancing with her when I was a kid & shed be singing to me making me go bright red

First time I've heard that & my head was swinging side to side best song about a green door I've ever heard

by the way what is the green door & what's behind it ? is it to do with coming home late ?

RIP Jim Lowe thank you for the music

Cool song proper Christmas feel to it too

FG that's the last energy drink I'm ever having I chose sugar free thinking it won't be too caffeinated and I really can't stand coffee plus it's never really given me a boost that energy drink was sugar free & it felt like I had a jetpack on not doing that again

Hopefully I've burned off the caffeine with my third set of weights & sit ups
Old 12-13-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Day one of the new job over, it was combined with a final day for me at the office of the last job, finishing up the dirty work really. I was truly the last left standing on that show, wow. But it's over thank goodness, it was a big lesson for me, we went way over budget and I'm realizing how much it is my responsibility to keep spending in check---no pressure at all!
This new job is going to be a huge challenge.
Have a lovely evening Overs.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations IP x
Old 12-13-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hi Itchy!

I had my eye charts posted on the fridge for half the summer it seemed. The week between surgeries was a funny week. The world was so bright in one eye, yet I continued to use my old prescription glasses for the next week at work because of my vision in the other eye being so poor. I was just three months sober at that point, but the world seemed quite psychedelic for me that week. Glad the first eye is coming along well!

Congrats on day one Inpar! I hope you enjoy the crazy schedule you keep with your job.

FBL, winter hit you in a hurry this year! We are supposed to hit the single digits in a couple of days, but nothing like the temps you folks are experiencing.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!
Old 12-13-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Do your best

For anyone interested in tonight's meteor shower this is a live link for later

Old 12-13-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs

I went to Meadowhall shopping centre yesterday, or as we call it meadowHELL! Lol. Just had a nice amble around, had lunch with my friend and it was a lovely day. I drove, which is unusual for me if it's much further than work or local. When I got home we had tea and I said I was going to have an hour sleep. I woke up at 12.30 am! Whew!

Fbl, I think Alvin Stardust sang the green door in the 80's. I've never heard the original version, it's great, thanks!

Itchy, pleased your eye surgery went well. My father in law just had it done in one eye and struggled to do the drops himself. My mil helped of course.

I missed the shooting stars and the super moon wolfie, there seemed too much cloud this way!

Inpar, sounds like you enjoy a challenge! And good at it!x

I think I may do my online shopping as I'm wide awake.

Catch you later overs.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Superclouds, no supermoon

'Growl ( silly sort), snarl, bark!BARK! Whine, whiiiiiine? Woof.'

Xmas is coming- no thoughts of drinking, did not work out so well last time..
Old 12-13-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just seen the moon outside its so bright

Did anyone see a shooting star ?
Old 12-13-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wolfie, looked outside at around 5 am and we had a big bright old moon up there, lovely!
Old 12-13-2016, 10:11 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Do your best

I know I went out to see too it's beautiful isn't it x

I had to rest and was in bed for 11ish last night feel a lot more energised today minus the energy drink honestly that stuff is like rocket fuel went for a sugar free option too (yesterday)

Big congratulations to everyone here on a milestone myself Inc go team Overs
Old 12-13-2016, 10:20 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Supermoons are a Northern hemisphere conspiracy. It is ALWAYS (well - 2) cloudy, too cloudy to see the moon.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 12-13-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good one, everyone.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:55 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wolf,
It is a mess, but I am hiring out a guy that has no money for food and gas for his family that my BIL has been trying to help out. Kind of a win win. I have about a week's worth of labor I need to have done and if he works out, may have him until Christmas. Believe me I am at the end of my rope sitting here looking and not able to do it.

MY SH Has been up for two nights and finally had to come home to get a decent night's rest in a bed instead of a chair. The hospice ladies are amazed he is still hanging on. They said within 24 hours on Saturday last.

The drops are three meds four times a day then decreasing to three once and two the other three times then 2 and one, for four weeks per eye. I am beating the bushes for a friend to drive me to and from the second eye surgery just in case. My doc said it was no problem if I needed to cancel the day before. My eye can wait fine as I need to be there for me and mine.

Hi Andy!

Sassy,
I was just starting and had good vision with my glasses for distance but it was clouding up noticeably over the last two years. So I am not as shocked at my vision and was a bit disappointed because my right eye was great without glasses a couple of inches close and out to about 20 feet. My left with the astigmatism is good from a couple of inches to three feet. I am pretty impressed too as my vision gets better every day. Nice to hear as the doc said it would be good permanently. I like the idea of being able to wear off the shelf sunglasses and shooting glasses.

Thanks Dee,
It is good to be on the mend. Quality of life is important to us all. I can see why now.

Hey Gil!

FBL,
You are a bit too cold for me. I like Colorado Springs/Denver for the warm then cold then warm again. Take a look at this local weather page. Saturday will be 73°! Weather Page 7 Day Forecast - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports
I imagine that Alan Thicke will be your avatar tomorrow?
I still like "Green Door."

Hi Zip! How's CT?

IP,
Congrats on getting through it so well.

Hey Star!
Yeah four weeks seems like a lot but I will get by too. Yep I am wearing my glasses but I am not noticing any difference that is disruptive or disorienting. My eyes were different before. Glad to hear all went well with yours too. I am amazed that cutting my eye open, stuffing in a lense, and then sending me home results in less pain than an eyelid in my eye, much less.

Mags,
Good to see you getting out. Thanks, I can see why folks are amazed at it today.
"In the United Kingdom, Lowe's version reached #8 on the charts, but a version by Frankie Vaughan was even more popular, reaching #2. Another UK recording, by Glen Mason, reached #24 on the UK chart. The most popular British version was by rock and roll revivalist Shakin' Stevens which spent four weeks at number one in August 1981."
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Door
I am up late at 2 AM as well Mags. We missed anything in the sky as it has been overcast for days.

Thanks for the pics and live links Wolf!

Hi Andy, Nite all.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:18 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

SW- still a conspiracy.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you guys heard of Fergal Sharkey or the pop/punk band the undertones ?

The reason I say is because when I was small I was good friends with his son I dont remember much really apart from the infant school & the teachers name Il never forget even at that age 'Mrs Carrot' my dad would always say in pubs who I was friends with but I didn't realise (you don't at that age) I just knew later on I was friends with a boy who's dad was a pop star

I wonder where he is now all I hope is he's doing well & all my other classmates from that time
Old 12-14-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Do your best

Or this song I know this one