Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 36

Old 10-09-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey gang. Weekend is almost over.
It rained all day here.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Leshar, sorry, didn't see your post as we posted at the same time. Tiki is your little companion, I understand you're lost and sad without him. I hope you can get tested.xx

Suze, how long are you going for? To be honest, I'm the lightest packer ever. When I went to the states, I actually only took a carry on suitcase (8kilos) and bought a suitcase halfway through my trip so I could travel easily and light at the start. It worked great for me, and picked a great suitcase up for about $69 US. I only use about 3 or 4 interchangeable outfits when I'm away.

People usually pack way too much and don't end up wearing half of what they take.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Hey gang. Weekend is almost over.
It rained all day here.
Haha, weekend IS over, Bob. Monday 10.30am here.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

So, I think the neighbours Father (Father and son live together) has a drinking problem. I noticed when I first went to use the recycle bin that it was up to the brim with bottles and cartons. Thought it was a once off, like a party or something on the weekend. But now, of course, I notice the dreaded "crash bang" of bottles each morning. And went to use the bin again not long after it had been emptied and it was full.

I'm all for recycling, but it's a shared bin, they can always put some of their recycling in their own personal bin. Basically, our shared recycle bin has become theirs and there's never once been room for me to recycle. So now I feel like the bad guy, having to lob all my recycling and refuse in together, looking like I don't even care and Yet I'm the biggest recycling greenie ever.

Not big stuff, just a rant, really.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Haha, weekend IS over, Bob. Monday 10.30am here.
9 pm Sunday here.
On my bed reading my tablet.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Crois ~ not sure if it's the same there as it is here, but sometimes you can call the council or recycling people and they will add another bin for you (if there is room of course).

What are you reading Bob?

I have beautiful new Lululemon flared groove yoga pants (I bought the last 3 pairs in existence from ebay...he he he), loads of singlet tops, and some over tops. 2 pairs of converse and one pair of boots. That's it. No dresses or heels or all of the stuff that takes up so much room. Nice and simple. I don't even have a warm jacket; I am going to buy one when I get there.

Oh, and I bought my luggage from an awesome Aussie site and got 3 pieces for under $120. And it's tangerine, so it should be fairly easy to spot.

I am going for 7 and a half weeks, starting in New York for 10 days.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sounds like you made good, practical clothing choices. You are smart to buy the coat in the States.

And your tangerine luggage sounds great!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:40 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Well, you are packed then, Suze! Priceline has the clear toiletries bags and you're done!

I took similar to you but also a puffer jacket but it compresses down into nothing.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I have the clear toiletries bag....still need to buy a proper one tomorrow for my suitcase.

(After I go to the doctor for the last time....)
Old 10-10-2016, 12:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have the clear toiletries bag....still need to buy a proper one tomorrow for my suitcase.

(After I go to the doctor for the last time....)
Aha, see I assumed it was the clear one you didn't have. I had no choice as I only took carry on. I also took thongs so I didn't have to take my shoes on and off at each airport, I could just slip my thongs off. I still don't get that. You even have to take off thongs to go through checkin in the states (is it still like that?) but people can travel with pets, haha.

Just some kind of shoe that slips on and off easily.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:35 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Ooooooo, thank you Crois, I have new Havis....I shall put a pair in my hand luggage. Boy did I ask the wrong people (here) about all of this stuff....I was clueless. I SHOULD have asked you love.

EDIT: I have my ride to the airport booked, and tonight I will be speaking to the concierge at The Hyatt to organise pickup from the airport....after 24 hours I am going to be discombobulated, and also on my own, so I thought it was wise.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Ooooooo, thank you Crois, I have new Havis....I shall put a pair in my hand luggage. Boy did I ask the wrong people (here) about all of this stuff....I was clueless. I SHOULD have asked you love.

EDIT: I have my ride to the airport booked, and tonight I will be speaking to the concierge at The Hyatt to organise pickup from the airport....after 24 hours I am going to be discombobulated, and also on my own, so I thought it was wise.
Yeah, it looks like the shoe rule still applies when I look here,
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening
you just pop them in the screening tray. But after a long flight, when I had to connect from LA to San Francisco, uggh the last thing I felt like doing was stripping off. I think they asked me to take my Cardi off as well for concealment issues.

It was like everyone was playing strip poker at the screening check
Point, lol.

I think if you organise your transfers now, that's good if it's no extra cost with the Hyatt. I had issues with my connecting flight anyway, which would have defeated any plans for a pick up in San fran, but you are flying straight to New York anyway, aren't you?
Old 10-10-2016, 01:31 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I will be flying to LA, then I have 3 and a half hours until my connecting flight to NY. I was told this might be necessary and I would rather be safe than sorry.

The hotel car pickup might be expensive, but it's worth it for me.
After all of that time on a plane being surrounded by alcohol, and then being exhausted and in a strange place, I really want to makes sure I am 'safe' that first night.

I have made a friend here who I can call when I get there, and I already have meetings to go to. Just making sure I take care of myself...almost 2 years sober, don't want to blow it now.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

You won't. You'll have so much heady stuff to take in--plus, you're just not that person anymore! You've evolved well!
Old 10-10-2016, 01:53 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you....really.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have complete confidence that you'll be so excited alcohol won't even cross your mind Suze.

D
Old 10-10-2016, 01:57 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Old 10-10-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
You won't. You'll have so much heady stuff to take in--plus, you're just not that person anymore! You've evolved well!
Actually Suze, apart from the great points Dee and Gilmer make, the unfamiliarity made me fearful to drink too much anyway (I was at the height of my alcoholism when I went.)

Seriously, once you are on the plane, you're checking out what movies to watch, music etc. I was planning my naps etc. so I was fresh as I could be when I arrived. I really don't think drinking will feel like an attractive option, really.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Well, it's official: my oldest son is now in a relationship with the E-Harmony girl!

We are very pleased. I can't wait to meet her at Thanksgiving and see if she gets his sense of humor.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Bugga!

Woke up early here in Gawler River. Birds chirping, rooster crowing, wrote a lovely long list and list it.! Kaput !!!!

Lurking around out there in cyber space now no doubt , grrrrrrr what a pain.

:cry