Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 11

Old 11-10-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Happy Thursday! I am home and watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix with my daughter. We are determined to get through the series again before the revival comes out on November 25th.

I am looking forward to a three day weekend, and very grateful to all who have served. Thank you to all of our Veterans.

Dee, you may find a few of us roaming the Outback in the near future!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

❤️ Delilah
Old 11-11-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Have a great weekend Delilah! -

I attended a Celebrate Recovery meeting last night and it was very uplifting with the added bonus of a speaker. All Veterans were also recognized so it was a pretty cool night. This weekend I'm attending a Alanon meeting and a grief workshop. I plan to be Sober for the holidays!!

Have a good one Jannies.....peace & hugs to all.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good Morning Jannies,

Bandi, I have never been to a Celebrate Recovery meeting, sounds like it was pretty inspirational.

I am planning on taking out the Christmas decorations today, and having the kids help me decorate the house. I think a little holiday cheer will lift my mood after this week. We are going to hold off on the tree for a little longer.

Hope everyone has a great day!

❤️ Delilah
Old 11-11-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies. A much needed 3-day weekend begins. I like your idea of Christmas decorations, Delilah, I think I'll start mine too.

Today I will focus on my chores, tomorrow I'll help my daughter with more painting, and Sunday starts with breakfast with friends and maybe a trip out to mom's.

I hope everyone is doing well and that our Veterans know how much they are appreciated.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great weekend Odelle! How is your daughter's place looking?

Kids and I cleaned, and then decorated today. It definitely lifted my mood.

Tomorrow my middle Kiddo turns 12. She is having two friends spend the night after rehearsal. Keeping with my holiday theme we are doing some holiday crafts tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Happy Birthday to your middle kiddo Delilah! What a beautiful gift you are giving her with your sobriety and your mindful presence in her life. Joy! -
Old 11-12-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Happy Birthday to your middle kiddo Delilah! What a beautiful gift you are giving her with your sobriety and your mindful presence in her life. Joy! -
We went for a late lunch, and she has two friends spending the night. They ate cake for dinner, and are having appetizers for dessert. They have already done manicures and facials, think a movie is next.

My little guy has fallen asleep on my lap, and my oldest is in her room being a teenager. Life is good. ❤️
Old 11-13-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

I'm getting too old to be climbing on and off of a chair, taping and painting, bending and stooping; my body is reminding me of that.

The house is coming along, I like the colors my daughter and her BF have chosen, although I had my doubts on the chocolate brown yesterday when trimming, but once it was on the walls, it looks amazing.

I'm meeting a friend for breakfast and then home for chores, and then meeting son for dinner. Another weekend flying by...

I activated my iPhone 7+ yesterday and love it! Too much fun updating my music library but really loved it during my painting job.

I hope everyone is sailing through this weekend unscathed; hopefully I'll get through the mall parking lot when I go to pick up a blouse I pre-purchased. I went on Friday and at the register, they offered 30% off if I pre-purchase and pick up Sunday or later. Crazy sales gimmick, but I did it.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Ooooh,, i love chocolate brown (especially in a bedroom) Odelle but that trim is tricky! Hope the rest of your day was nice and that you have a good work week -

Hi Thump, how goes it?

Hahaha Delilah.....cake for dinner and appetizers for dessert...love it!

The movie Arrival is amazing! It's been a while since a movie left me speechless....followed by a big Wow. Critics describe it as a thinking persons sci-fi movie and if you get a chance to see it in the theatre, it's worth the admission price.

Hope everyone had a good day. Take care Jannies.......xxxx
Old 11-13-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Just checking in.

Odelle, I am going to have to get you over to paint with me, I am contemplating painting over my winter break.

Bandi, I don't k ow much about that movie, will have to look into it. Glad you enjoyed your day.

Thump, hope you are doing well, and that work was u eventful this weekend.

Dee, hope you had a great weekend as well!

Great day today with family, didn't do too much, which was just fine with me since the rest of the weekend was jam packed.

I have one more week of work, and then I get a week off for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to having time off with my kids, my husband will probably be super busy that week, but hopefully will still get some time. He is currently without an assistant director, which has made for long days, and no days off this week. Hopefully someone will be hired in the next few days.

I finally have a date for my knee surgery, it will be December 21st. I am still Hopi g to do them both at once, since they should both be partials. I will talk to the doctor more about that during my pre-op.

If you haven't peeked out at the moon yet, make sure you do!! Pleasant dreams Jannies.

❤️ Delilah
Old 11-14-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hi Thump, how goes it?
Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Thump, hope you are doing well, and that work was u eventful this weekend.

Dee, hope you had a great weekend as well!

Great day today with family, didn't do too much, which was just fine with me since the rest of the weekend was jam packed.

I have one more week of work, and then I get a week off for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to having time off with my kids, my husband will probably be super busy that week, but hopefully will still get some time. He is currently without an assistant director, which has made for long days, and no days off this week. Hopefully someone will be hired in the next few days.

I finally have a date for my knee surgery, it will be December 21st. I am still Hopi g to do them both at once, since they should both be partials. I will talk to the doctor more about that during my pre-op.

If you haven't peeked out at the moon yet, make sure you do!! Pleasant dreams Jannies.

❤️ Delilah
Hiyas. Hasn't been a bad weekend, I guess. Some personal issues with a friend, the upshot of which is not clear to me, so I guess you could say tonight there's a tinge of anxiety underlying my feelings. But however it works, I'll be at peace with it -- really giving the mindfulness a workout, letting go of the worry and learning to accept the various possible outcomes.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Thump, mindfulness is the part of my recovery I struggle with the most. I have to force myself to remain in the present, and also k ow that I can o my control my response to situations. I need to do the most work in this area, proud of you for doing that work!

Hope everyone had a good Tuesday. Dinner and homework are done, so I just snuck upstairs with my book to take a bubble bath. Need some me time!!!

Halfway through the week tomorrow, which may mean your weekend is starting Thump.

Have a great night Jannies!

❤️ Delilah
Old 11-15-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi guys/girls, Just wanted to pop past and say a quick hello!!!!
I have been off the wagon for the past few months during which time we had a lovely holiday in the UK and Italy but time to get back to living a sober life. i am now at Day 2, and about to join Class of November. It's so good to see so many of the Familiar faces doing so well, and staying so strong.
Sending love to you all xx
Old 11-15-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Good to see you popping in, Nic, even better to hear that you are back in the saddle. While it hasn't been all bubbles and rainbows, with the support of your classmates, you can get through the down times and come back stronger.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

D -- mindfulness is a big struggle for me at times, and I'm still in the thick of it sometimes ... right now being one. Doing my best to stay open and let go, and it worked tonight, again. But as we all know, some days are better than others, and some days test us more.

Nic -- glad to see you back, and glad to see you taking up the long march once again, hon. ((((Nic))))
Old 11-15-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Thanks - No more excuses. I think I might re-read some of your old posts for encouragement!!! This group is kicking ass xxx
Old 11-16-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Nic!! It's wonderful to see you - You were missed and I'm so glad you popped in and will join the Nov. class as well. Take care....
Old 11-16-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hi Nic, is it great to hear from you. Glad you are back! Hope you will pop in and let us know how you ar doing.

Thump, some days are definitely harder than others!
Old 11-16-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I am sitting at the ER right now waiting to be seen. I was having some chest pain at work, and just feeling out of sorts. I was starting to get frustrated with the wait until a nurse came and talked to the lady next to me. She told her that her husband is critically ill, has a brain bleed and is on a breathing machine. They cannot allow her back until he is intubated and stable, they are still working on him. She said she will try to have the doctor out to speak with her shortly. Now I am praying for her husband, rather than myself.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I hope it's nothing serious for you, D. Keep us posted, no?