Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 8

Old 10-01-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thinking of you and your daughter winslow.

Hope you are doing ok, Juno and Midton

D
Old 10-01-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hey all,just wanted to say hello, I'll post more after work(bleh) have a great day
Old 10-01-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Quick check in for me as well (day 3). I'm doing pretty well. Got some disappointing news about my daughter at boarding school but you know what, I'm not going to let it get me down. It's my weekend. I'm watching the Ryder Cup on TV and working on projects around the house. Winslow, just so you won't feel bad I have to work this weekend, too. I wish I didn't, but such is life and sometimes you have to just suck it up and do it. Have a great Saturday all!
Old 10-01-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Juno - and winslow

D
Old 10-02-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hey all,just got back from grocery shopping cuz it's the first of the month and I like to go early to beat the people who get food stamps cuz it gets too busy! Hubs and I went to breakfast at Dennys,they have a $4,6,8 menu and we both got the eggs,bacon and 2 pancakes for $4 can't beat that then later we're going to Boulder city cuz they're having art in the park, I'll take my daughter and g-son cuz I'm sure she could use a distraction, I love things like that and I'm hoping I can find some nice homemade lotion or something,hope everyone is enjoying their day
Old 10-02-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

That sounds like a good day, Winslow! You deserve it!

I didn't have the best of days. My daughter was caught smoking pot again at boarding school and is in trouble, to some extent and maybe hurting her chances for college, my son had a bad day at his Dad's (though has been good for me), my dog was acting up and crying and I couldn't work at home so had to go into the office, and while there I scraped my car on a wall of the parking garage going around the corner (usually I do fine with this curve, but there was a guy cleaning the ramp and was standing off to the side so my whole stride was off...) But other than all that I'm good - LOL. Still sober and that's the MAIN thing. Maybe it will be a good week? We can hope!
Old 10-02-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you have a better week ahead Juno

D
Old 10-02-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I am tired already and it's only Monday. This is going to be a long week and I have to work on Saturday morning too.

Juno, at least there is a good chance that things can't get much worse. Sound like a nightmare couple of hours.

Winslow, hope you a healing a little.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Thanks, Midton. I had to give my daughter the "tough love" speech and that this is how the world works - you make good decisions, you are rewarded for those. You make bad decisions and you have natural consequences. I wasn't gentle with her I was honest - I did tell her that everyone makes mistakes, none of us are perfect but it's how we react to those mistakes that determines how we grow and progress as people. I had the feeling she didn't even know that she made a mistake so I had to tell her all the potential consequences of continually messing up, and it wasn't pretty - I did not sugar coat it. But someone had to be straight with her. My ex-H is very gentle with her and doesn't want to upset her. I think that way of dealing with her is okay for him, but someone has to be brutally honest and that person was me.

I'm up early. Day 5 I had some really funny and weird dreams. I love my dreams. In this one I was trying to furnish this big house that I had and figure out rugs and couches for all the rooms. How funny! It's amazing how many dreams I have about houses. I think that says something about my personality - that I love my home maybe!

Midton, I hope your week goes smoothly and is not too taxing. Winslow, hope you're doing better to start the week. And thanks, Dee for being there for us!!

Hopefully Grizzly is out there lurking and will come back. And I look forward to Sydneyman's returns in a week or so. Happy Monday
Old 10-03-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hey all,just a quick hello from me, I'll post more later, have a great day everyone
Old 10-03-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I'm slightly sick and I'm blaming the weather. There is yet another typhoon on the way (they never directly reach here) and they bring intense humidity for a few days. So although it's October the weather had again became humid.

I've also picked up another injury at the gym so I've decided to take a week off ( a massive decision for the gym-aholic me. Sometimes you just need a rest.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi guys - I'm checking in later in the day. Most likely won't have time in the morning because I have to go in the office.

I had a good day today! I went back to sleep after posting this morning at 5:00 am and drifted off into the most wonderful sleep. I woke up late (like 9:00) and decided to work from home because my son had the day off. We had a great day! I got a lot of work done and then my son and I went to the library and then Subway. I like days like today.

This evening I went to my SMART meeting and it was fantastic. I have the best group of friends there - very supportive and welcoming and smart. A lot of good advice from the group. I am happy where I am tonight and am lucky to have these meetings and you guys, of course! I am lucky.

Hope everyone is doing well - sorry about your feeling sick Midton. It happens to the best of us - take it easy with the workouts even though it might be hard! Hi Winslow! Hi Dee! Later all....
Old 10-04-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hey all, Juno sorry about the daughters weed smoking, I swear these kids these days act like weed is a multivitamin or something, the answer to all that ails! My 3 daughters all smoke and tbh it really irritates me,I dunno why,maybe I just still see it as hard drugs, who knows, Midton, I hope you feel better soon, I feel like I'm getting something too(again) I seen a commercial for Ricola immune support and I might pick some up cuz I keep getting sick over and over and I'm tired of it,speaking of tired I'm that too,sleep was atrocious! The worst in 2 weeks, up down, felt like a half sleep enough complaints from me, hope everyone has a lovely day
Old 10-04-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in after a long day. I just got back from my younger son's back to school night. What a nice school and nice teachers! I liked it.

I'm with you Winslow, I think marijuana is bad stuff and that kids today just think it's harmless, which it's not. There are plenty of people in my meetings with mariujana addictions - it can happen and getting high is an escape just like getting drunk. Anyway, I have been forced to take a different approach with my daughter lately. I used to think of her as my close daughter and even a friend. I no longer think that way - she has distanced herself too much from me (the people at school thinks it's because she knows she's making decisions that I don't approve of and is trying to avoid me). Anyway, I just think of her as someone that I love but that I don't really like right now. I'm going to stop being her friend and buddy and just be the parent that's here to make sure she's safe. That is all. I have two other kids who are still on a good track and I'll focus on them and let her do what she's going to do, because I can't control her behavior anymore. I guess a lot of parents have to deal with this. Never thought I would be feeling this way about my own daughter.... but from now on, I will not be talking about her much. That's my coping mechanism. And the most important thing is that I don't drink, take care of myself and am there for my other two kids who still need me.

Tomorrow is Day 7 - I think. Winslow I remember you said that was your last Day 7, you hoped. I am thinking the same
Old 10-05-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hey all, congrats on day 7 Juno slept a bit better last night and I'm wondering if it's cuz the day before I had taken a fish oil capsule then that night couldn't sleep? Who knows, sometimes the most benign things mess me up in different ways, when did Sydney say he'd be back,anyone remember? I miss Grizzly too but tbh I don't think she's coming back, it's been such a long time,Midton, how are you feeling? Hope the flu or whatever it was passed, my eyes keep going buggy and are really sensitive to light I wonder why? Other than that not much up with me,daughter seems to be coping ok so that makes me feel better, trying to be more active around the boards cuz I really am tired of the Russian roulette of drinking and I figure if I have more of a presence here I'll take it more seriously, off for more coffee, hope we all have a wonderful day
Old 10-05-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I've been having quite a bad week, relatively speaking.

I've been sickly without really being particularly ill. I just can't seem to shake it despite resting. I also have another injury so what with being sick I've taken the week off the gym. Strangely I've just woken up with another injury. I seemed to have pulled a muscle I my upper back. God knows how and it must have been in my sleep.

So all in all despite resting I am still sick, still injured and have managed to give myself another injury in my sleep.

On the bright side today is day 60.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Sorry you feel bad Midton but congrats on day 60
Old 10-05-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't count Griz out just yet, winslow. I'm hopeful for a return.
I'm glad you're using the boards more tho

Congrats on your milestones Midton and Juno

Hope you feel better soon Midton

D
D
Old 10-05-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I'm not counting her out Dee,I guess I just miss her posts
Old 10-05-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi guys, just a quick check in. Thank you Dee and Winslow, 7 days is not much but it's better than nothing And I do feel stronger than ever right now and know that I've dipped my toe back into meetings so have a whole extra layer of support and accountability. Good for you getting more active on the board, Winslow.

Sorry you feel bad, Midton. I seem to be prone to those muscle pulls and know how horrible they feel. When they happen to me I'm like, "Can I have a do-over? I didn't mean for that to happen." Get better soon!

I had a pretty stressful day with some rush projects at work, a dental appointment for my older son (the one with autism, which is always a treat because he can be brutal to the people who work at the dental office "Ouch! That hurts! Stop torturing me!") but he did okay today Then a ton of driving in bad traffic. So.... here I am in the evening and I'm about to change the pace by doing a little meditation and stretching. I also plan to set up a "work out room" in the basement with a treadmill, some music and a DVD player, yoga mat, etc. I figure if I set up a nice little area for myself that's the first step and the second step is to use it

Have a nice Wednesday night, all!

p.s. I dunno if Grizzly is coming back but I sure hope so . She is missed Sydneyman said Oct. 10th I think!