# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2015 Part 8

last part here :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-20.html

D
Old 07-28-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, ugh,tired today, slept awfully and I'm afraid I'm getting my coworkers cold man I hope not but was dizzy at work, Sydney hope you're feeling better, post more after I sort myself out
Old 07-28-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better Winslow

D
Old 07-28-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well sometimes I love living here. Going to the dentist is one.

It turns out I had lost part of the fillings behind my front two teeth. I phoned, got an appointment , got treated and it all cost about 20 US dollars.

Dentistry sure has changed. Yesterday the guy removed my old fillings and added new ones without injecting me and I didn't even feel a thing. This isn't the first time either. After a 25 year break I got toothache about 2 years ago and went to this dentist, an old school friend of my wife. I got 3 fillings and got injected but really felt nothing. In the past injections were painful and didn't always work particularly well.

Great to be done and at a great price.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Winslow, sorry you're feeling bad! I have been sleeping like crap this week as well. This is not my best week by any stretch. Though strangely, have not been drinking nor have I felt like drinking. I even forgot to take my Campral all week and it hasn't resulted in any cravings. I'm thinking of stopping that altogether. Doesn't seem to do much anymore. Let's start feeling and sleeping better!

Midton, good job with the dental work. So I'm the opposite of you - if I were to get a filling done or re-done, not only would have an injection of novacaine, but I would also insist on laughing gas to get through it. The sound of the drill nearly puts me over the edge so I have to be put under if I'm going through that. Laughing gas is the only thing that makes my dental work tolerable. Would never go through a procedure without that and full numbing! I'm a wimp

I had a really challenging and busy day at work. Things are really busy. And of course I picked next week to go on a short trip. I'm sure it will all work out, but I have to go into the office again tomorrow because things are soooooo busy. I guess I shouldn't complain. I have a job that I like and I'm busy.

Tonight is my 4th night of watching the DNC and I've got to stop. I'm kind of OD'ing on it. Time to watch some mindless reality TV and get less serious.

Getting close to the weekend. Staying sober. Things could be worse.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You all have been busy!
Hi Dee : )
Winslow and sydneyman, I hope you are feeling better!!
Midton, great job getting through the dentist!! I totally understand having anxiety about it. I had not been in 6+ years, then I went a few weeks ago, and leading up to that I was having nightmares about it. It went great. It was way worse in my head than it was in reality. That's usually how it works.
Hi juno! You are so right- a mother's work is never done : )
I've been thinking about you guys everyday. I've missed you!! I'm staying busy doing good things, but drinking has been mixed in there. I'm reluctant to post because we're on a recovery website and I'm not sober. I could let it go and not read/post, but I feel so close to you all, and that's not what I want to do. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable, but I'm also not going to be dishonest. So I'm just not sure what to say, ya know?
Old 07-29-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It';s hard for me to know what to say too cos I can't slap you on the back and say nothing

I hope you re-commit soon Grizz...you wouldn't have come here originally if there was no problem, yeah?

The longer you stay 'out there' the harder it will be to come back in.

D
Old 07-29-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grizzly, I'm so glad you posted - I have missed you! You are big part of this group and there is a big gaping hole when you're not around! I was beginning to get worried about you and I'm glad you're okay. Even if not sober, I'm happy to hear from you.

I'm not sure if you're drinking in excess or moderately, whether it's adding something positive to your life or not, but I can tell you that I have come to the conclusion that I way prefer being sober - it's what I was meant to be. I can't handle alcohol, I can't handle the disfunction, the slurring of words, the distorted emotions and the hangovers, the miserable panic attacks in the middle of the night. That's what it has come down to for me and I don't want that life anymore. I've been doing so much better lately without alcohol, feeling more optimistic, feeling more like myself, I could go on and on! Keeping my emotions in line and not overreacting, etc. I haven't had cravings and am on Day 10. Today I even thought about drinking and my AV was trying really hard to convince me that I didn't have a good enough sobriety date and that I should just pick a new one. The weird thing was I didn't even want to drink! Not at all! Just my silly AV saying crazy stuff out of habit. I just stood up to it and said, "No way. Remember how I felt in the middle of the night on July 19th - I'm not putting myself through that again. Done. I will keep my date." And that was that.

Sydneyman, I hope you're recovering and maybe you can start your day 1 here?

Winslow, hope you're feeling better today, too. Glad it's the weekend, right?

Midton, hope the staycation continues to go well.

I'm doing fine - tough week overall, but I made it through. I'm trying not to let what happened to my daughter this week wear away my optimism so I've been living my life, trying to distract myself with funny things. Sometimes humor is what we need when so many difficult things are going on around us.

I promise to post this weekend - I leave on Monday for my trip. Hope to hear from everyone! Hi Dee, thanks for being here with us!
Old 07-30-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Not better I actually think I am worse, now I have lost my voice. My first course of antibiotics are done tomorrow but think I need another one. I am definitely back at work on Monday as I have an exam to do, work related and it has to be done next week. Actually I want to go back as being home gets a bit ...yawn...
Grizz- I am so totally with you, I have also been distant from here as I also haven't been feeling right about posting on a recovery forum when I am not 100% sober. Today we had an appointment with our accountant to have our tax done for the year. Plan was to meet a friend for a pub lunch. I know. So there we are and not much longer and I have a drink in front of me. Which I drink. I wasn't much of company as I couldn't speak. Didn't really feel like being there to be honest. Anyway, we got it all done.
So sick as a stick and not 100% sober. Not a good mix. I also have a strong bond with you all and feel that I don't want to lose this. I also don't want to make anybody feel uncomfortable . I just want to be honest.
Ok over and out from me. Juno have a ball!!! you deserve it. Midton hope you enjoying the break. I did check your scopes and saw the fireworks, great!. almost as good as the Sydney NYE ones ..
Winlsow- how you going? Grizz- stay here x
Old 07-30-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everything I said to Grizz applies to you too Sydneyman - I hope you both make a wise choice.

Get well soon
D
Old 07-30-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey all, Sydney, hope you get your voice quick! I was always told not to drink on antibiotics cuz it makes them ineffective, I dunno if you were or not but don't haha,Grizz,we want to hear from you regardless I don't want you to feel weird about posting on a recovery sight,I think you'll eventually want to be on the sober train again and just want you to know we're here for you regardless, I don't know if I'm feeling better or not as far as feeling sick,yesterday I was so dizzy again but then it went away but then I got super hot internally what gives? If I'm gonna get sick I wish it would just hit and knock me out so I can recover, not this in and out crap!Juno what are your temps there? Still going to yoga? I'm thinking about joining a class but having my butt in the air with people behind me freaks me out haha,can't imagine one of those naked yoga classes,Eww I'd barf.Midton,hope all is well with you, they have thundershowers for everyday this week, hmm see what happens, hope we all have a great day
Old 07-30-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Winlsow, it has been a really hot July. Temps in the 90's and really really humid. For me it's fine because I work in an air conditioned building (I keep a blanket over me when I work I'm so cold) and my home is air conditioned and so is my car. It's those walks with my dog when I feel the heat and it's a little rough. But I probably don't mind it as much as most people. Where I'm headed on Monday is seaside and a little cooler. Will be a nice change.

Winslow, I'm headed to yoga very soon! I feel like my body needs it very badly. I had a difficult week and didn't exercise at all. I'm planning to go today and tomorrow at least before my trip so I can feel better. I also need a pedicure and spray tan as well. Gotta feel as good about myself as I can!

I don't really mind the down dog "butt in the air" pose - everyone is doing it and no one really sees you . That's the thing about yoga, whatever pose you're doing and how ridiculous you feel, everyone else is doing the same pose so they are more worried about how they look. As far as naked yoga, no way, never! That's just gross. What would be the purpose of that, anyway? Ugh, just gross. I like my clothes
Old 07-30-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind replies. That made me feel good : ) I really feel like everybody in the group cares about each other, and that's nice. It's a good feeling.
That's so funny yall are talking about yoga! I've had my kiddo doing it with me twice a week, and it has been so much fun! There's not a whole lot of mental focus there because we are surrounded by three cats and a dog licking us, pawing us, running around us, and watching us like we're crazy. The pets like yoga too. My CDs are really advanced for my kiddo- the other day he was like how long do we have to hold this, and right then the guy came on and was like 8 more minutes! My son was like 8 minutes, no way!! It has been hilarious and really good for us : )
I hope everyone has a great weekend!! We are going to see the new Bourne movie tonight. I've loved that whole series with Matt Damon for over a decade now. It's my favorite movie series so I'm really excited!!
Get to feeling better soon, winslow and sydneyman!!!
Old 07-30-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks D, I know....Sunday morning. Slept right through 8 hours, first time in since I got back home. 6 am here and I got up and starting to make meatballs!!!!
MIL, unfortunately, is back for 1 week on Monday for her last check up with doc re her op. I can grin and bear it for a week. At least I will be working most of it.
Grizz- I LOVE the BOURNE movies let me know. Talking movies.... I am also a BIG fan of Absolutely Fabulous the English series from the 90's. The new movie comes out here 4 August and cant wait to see it. My friends in London have already seen it and says its a flop. How unfortunate. Wait and see I say.
Yoga, hmm.. If I do yoga it would be hot steamy bikram yoga. It makes sense to bend and twist yourself in a hot room as the muscles would be so relaxed. Naked, no, see no point in it but then again I guess you don't feel "trapped" in clothes and feel more free. I am easy.

Ok safe travel Juno and cheerio to everybody.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Nice to hear from you both Grizzly and Sydneyman! The gang is really all here again.

I usually post in the morning and I'm usually all optimistic and refreshed, so I thought I'd change it up and post in the night tonight.

I had a really busy day today - had a list of things to do and just kept going down the list one by one and checking things off. Got most of everything done and even did a few nice things for myself - yoga, bought myself a bracelet at the yoga studio, painted my toe nails for the first time since like March, and got a spray tan in preparation for my trip. I want to look good, and I'm not in the physical shape I wanted to be in for this trip - I still need to drop a few pounds to feel better about myself - but I'm doing okay, I'm sober, and I'm not going backwards.

My emotions are all over the map tonight and it's hard for me to put them into words. I feel good to be where I am, sad that I'm no longer a young person (this is just starting to hit me lately), but yet content that I don't have to try to be wild and crazy anymore. I don't even know if that makes sense! I'm happy my kids are where they are, but yet sad and nostaligic for all the things that have passed and the phases we went through. This is the kind of nighttime thinking that I just need to let flow through my brain, but it will be gone in the morning and replaced by optimism and a new committment to getting things done.

I'm going to watch some Walking Dead. Hoping it doesn't keep me up too late. Day 11 here, no going back.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

morning from here. I woke up and not good enough for work. Need to go back to doc and get more drugs.. Now I have a feeling that I may have picked up a bug in Bali. We are both sick with the same symptoms. Doc said it was just the flu, so I go with that. I have also broken out with a cold sore. Haven't had one of those for many years. Must be run down.
Juno - I know how you reflect on your life and think where the heck did all that time go!!! I do that often. Just need to embrace every day and be grateful of life and be in it. I LOVE travelling and that is my passion. I go overseas whenever I can. I don't want to regret not doing it. Some people say they will travel when they retire. Then they retire and die. I just live in the moment. If that makes sense. Ok me back to bed. Got those meatballs done, with ricotta and basil. Delicious.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I hope you start getting better soon, Sydneyman! Glad you could relate to my ramblings last night... at least they were sober ramblings. My drunk ones suck.

I had another busy day today. Went to yoga, then did stuff at home and then took my car to get cleaned/detailed. It REALLY needed it and it was $80 very well spent! I'm so glad I did it. While at the mall, I popped into Forever 21 and got a few items of clothing for my trip. That was fun. Then, on a whim, popped into a sunglasses store. I haven't bought an expensive pair of sunglasses in sooooo long. I have been buying the cheap ones - the $10 - $20 pair ones. I decided if I'm getting together with my friends (who have money and don't wear cheap stuff), then damnit, I'm getting a good pair of sunglasses. I found a gorgeous pair of Fendis - super cute - tortoise shell with pale green sides if you can picture it - and I got them! Yep, I just did it. They were having a sale, too so I got $75 off. I better not lose them now and I better treasure them!! I showed them to my Mom and she was unimpressed and couldn't tell the difference between my expensive ones and my $20 ones that I got at the hotel gift shop at the Hard Rock Hotel. Mom!!! Come on, Mom. She's so down to earth it's hard to impress her.

Anyway, guys, this will be my last post until Wednesday later on! I'll be thinking of you all and hope to post a couple of seaside pictures when I return. So excited!! Only hard part is leaving my dog at the boarder, but it has to be done. He will be safe. Oh yeah, no drinking thoughts. I'm doing good.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Have a fun,safe trip Juno
Old 07-31-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

bon voyage Juno

I had a really bad flu too sydneyman - my advice is to stay in bed as much as you can.

D
Old 08-01-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey all, just a quick hello and I hope everyone is well