Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 25

Old 07-22-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Goat! 47! We were both wrong.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!!! It's good to be back! I feel like I have my toe dipped in the waters of sanity again.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

It's great that you are here. It's funny that you think we're sanity. We haven't discussed Yo Gabba Gabba in a while though, so obviously we need you here!
Old 07-22-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

My "darling" husband got my little one in to yo Gabba Gabba. What a jerk! I thought I might get to skip it with this one.....nope! The evil part of me wants to block every channel but the lifetime channel on the TV in our room while he recovers from his surgery as payback
Old 07-22-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Checking in on my way home from work. I am feeling okay I guess. I was stupid this morning and attempted a run. With the humidity and me already being sensitive to sun and heat I ended up with the worst headache. It's finally died off a bit and seems more manageable. Other than that a pretty normal day here. Will catch up on all the posts tonight.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
One of my strongest triggers is being awake
Everybody's doing great let's all get another weekend behind us. Everyone have a great night I gotta catch up on some reading
Being awake is a tough one! But I find that I'm not very productive when I'm sleeping. Lol
Old 07-22-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 132.

I'm sick. I've had a itchy throat since Wednesday. It's been windy here so I just assumed it was allergies, but it bloomed into full-on some kind of illness over the last 12 hours. It could be worse. I could be sick and hungover. Already got someone to cover my shift tonight, and I'm going to go lay back down now.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Friday.
Feel better Casey!! Summer sick sucks!
Old 07-22-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
This is Day 51. It's raining outside so I don't think I get to go on my walk today. But I am wedding dress shopping today… Yes with this daughter I'm very very late. And then actually I'm having a piece of furniture I've wanted for a long time delivered. So I guess it's a really good day.

I hope everyone feels OK today. I hope we all manage to grit our teeth through the harping of our stupid AVs . Mine has been giving me a run for my money. But I now have 50 meetings in 51 days. I have a meeting at 5:30, so I'm staying even. I might be able to get up by one on Monday.

My therapist says I'm working harder than most of the people she has seen try to do this. I'm proud of that. All I know is that if I don't work this hard I won't make it.
Missy - you are doing amazing!! Keep it up!!
Old 07-22-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Thanks guys!!! It's good to be back! I feel like I have my toe dipped in the waters of sanity again.
Welcome back!!
Old 07-22-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Goat! 47! We were both wrong.
Great job on 47 sober days both of you!!
Old 07-22-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Feel better Casey!! Summer sick sucks!
Say that 3 times fast.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Kiki - here goes....

My biggest triggers;
- work
- stress
- vulnerability
- anger
- stress
- work

Hmmmm....I sense a theme

Future Areas of Concern;

- An upcoming weekend in Toronto with my best friends (this is a big one)
- Anytime I have two days off in a row (that's why in the summer I have split my days off up)
Old 07-22-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Say that 3 times fast.
It might get in appropriate
Old 07-22-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I haven't had a chance to read the posts since this morning but wanted to post this article that Soberrecovery.com emailed me today.

4 Common Attitudes of a Dry Drunk:
While someone is in active addiction, he or she forms problematic trains of thoughts, attitudes, feelings and behaviors. Simply removing drugs and alcohol without targeting these residual issues can easily result in Dry Drunk Syndrome.

A “dry drunk” is someone who has given up drugs and alcohol but never stopped behaving like they were still in addiction, or slowly regressed into chaotic and unrealistic thinking despite his or her initial efforts to fully recover. Dry drunkenness, which AA’s Big Book describes as being “restless, irritable and discontented,” is typically a very strong precursor to an oncoming relapse.

If you suspect that you or your loved one in recovery may be suffering from Dry Drunk Syndrome, watch out for these 4 common attitudes and make sure you seek help as soon as possible.

1. Grandiosity

Grandiosity in recovery basically means to resume the same “the-world-revolves-around-me” attitude that he or she had during active addiction. In 12-Step literature, this is the concept of being "self-centered in the extreme." This does not have to necessarily mean that the person believes he or she is the best; it can also be seeking attention through playing victim or sitting on the pity pot.

2. Impulsivity

A common observable attitude of people with addiction problems is poor impulse control. They tend to do what they want whenever they want with very little regard for whether or not they hurt themselves or those around them. Impulsivity can also be linked with grandiosity, as they may engage in behaviors that will make them the center of attention.

3. Being Judgmental

Being judgmental is a very destructive attitude for people in recovery. Generally, when we judge ourselves to be better than others, we set up situations that inflate our own ego. On the other hand, when we judge ourselves to be less than others, we wind up feeling bitter and having low self-esteem.

4. Complacency

Complacency is not only an attitude of somebody with Dry Drunk Syndrome, but also a red flag for someone who is well into the relapse process. A key facet of being in recovery is moving forward in the right direction, regardless of how fast or slow you’re going. If you become lazy or disinterested in your recovery, the natural tendency is to fall back into addictive behaviors and eventually return to using again.

Other Destructive Actions and Patterns

If you or your loved one is predisposed to the aforementioned attitudes, you may also take note of dry drunk patterns, such as:

Being restless, irritable and discontented
Being bored, dissatisfied and easily distracted from productive tasks
Feeling listless and dull without any form excitement
Yearning for “the good old days” of active using
Forgetting the pain and shame associated with using
Feeling that nothing will ever satisfy your yearning or fill the hole in your soul
In summary, Dry Drunk Syndrome is the persistence or return of a recovering addict’s way of thinking during active addiction. If you start to notice some of these attitudes and patterns creeping back into your life, pay close attention to the possibility of relapse and get back on the driver’s seat of your own recovery.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Feeling OK, I guess. Throat is not right but somewhat better after some home remedies. Alternating between reading, television, and fighting a nuclear apocalypse. Watched an amazing documentary on Harry Crews, the novelist. He was a hard drinker. I didn't realize he died with 20 years sober. The last fourth of the documentary was focused on his alcoholism, so that was just an extra bonus. Going to cook a burger in a little bit. No meeting for me tonight. If I have something catching, I don't want to give it to anyone else. Plus I don't want to ride my bike even though it's only a couple of miles. Hope everyone else is doing well. Wake up, immri! It's Saturday! No sleeping in!
Old 07-22-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hello everyone
Feeling really good today I'm ready for weekend 5. I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hope you get well soon Casey.

Bit of a marathon AA day here, did a city meeting 50miles away with a friend from AA came home and then got asked to go with a different friend to a night time one in the same city! Night time one was the better of the two but they both helped. Trying to get a few in the bank to help deal with emotions that are being brought up by the ex situation.

Getting my girls tomorrow afternoon and having them overnight, looking forward to seeing them again.

Feel tired tonight so think I'll sleep well, my sobriety time seems to be dragging a bit lately- it feels like I've been sober longer than 73 days.....

Great to see you back Peaceful Rain

Hope everyone has a nice sober weekend.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Great to hear you're feeling good Kayak, have a magical weekend my friend.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Pretty quiet in here - hope you're all having a sober Friday night!! Going to watch some Star Trek with DH (pssstttt.....don't tell him but I pretend to like it because he enjoys it so much...lol )
Old 07-22-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Shopping for the babies.