Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 22

Old 07-01-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks Bobbie. I'm exhausted. I hope you are having a good day.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Kind of goofy. No one is here at my office. Ready to go home.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Just leaving work now - a 13 hour day...yuck!! But I am officially off for three whole days as of this moment - woo-hoo!!
I am feeling much better today physically and mentally. My anxiety crept in a little but was more than manageable and I think my "pain" was all a part of it. Strange how our bodies and minds work.
DH and I were planning on going to a Canada Day celebration tonight but I think I would rather skip it and just stay in.
A weird thing happened today...DH texted me and told me he was getting some beer for himself for tonight and asked if I wanted anything....what?!? I thought he got it....but he still seems to think I am "fixable". Anyways I said no and am feeling pretty good about it.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Wow. Enjoy your days off, Samantha! You deserve it.

Happy Canada Day!
Old 07-01-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good job, Kiki! And have a great day off, Sam.

Dr. didn't like my leg at all (probably because I haven't shaved in a week) and gave me allergy pills, steroid pills and a steroid cream of some sort. And Wales shocked the soccer world by winning 3-1. Yay!

Off to bed, wish you a good day/night my friends.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Bobbieka ... Happy, Wobbly and Falling Down. As long as it's all sober, it's good! Hope your liver test comes back okay - good to hear about your blood pressure being lower. Mine runs a little high from time to time.

Kiki, nice job managing the tsunami. You are doing great.

Fabela, those bug bites can definitely get infected, but I'm hoping maybe you just have kind overly sensitive skin (is that a thing?)

Sam, sounds like fun - have an awesome time!

Spacegoat, sometimes I have hard time deciphering your posts, too, but not today! Careful with the ladies (at least just a little )

I had a good, if somewhat frustrating day today - glad to be headed into a long weekend. No real beer bashes or anything on the agenda, so it should all be pretty manageable. Trying to plan a few fun things for the next days - plenty to choose from with the nice weather here.

I've been managing to keep my head in a good place. I really want to have a good life - a real existence - not a life where I just drink myself from day to day. The more sober days I get, the more I can see this as a possibility. As parents, we always told ourselves that our goal was to help our kids become the best version of themselves that we could - so now I'm just trying to apply that same logic to myself. Better late than never!

Be good everyone!
Old 07-01-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Oh, and Bobbieka, I love the avatar - you look Happy and not Wobbly or Falling Down AT ALL.

Is that the "inner-bobbieka"?
Old 07-01-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Time for work. I think the last 3-4 Fridays I've always ended up giving up my shift once I go in as we're usually over-staffed and I've been picking up so many other shifts that I use that as an excuse to not work the busiest shift of the week. Not going to do so tonight no matter what.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Friday evening/Saturday morning for immri/Dee/Mish/Icarus! Remember it's the first drink that's the problem. You don't have to drink no matter what is going on in your life or head.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey guys ~ been feeling pretty bleh today, guess I just need to catch up on rest. Gotta be up early so I figure I should lay low. Thanks everyone for another sober day!
Old 07-01-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Damn! Anyone else having a hard day? I am having another mild craving. Ugh. I'm supposed to be taking a nap but I am having racing thoughts & am worried. I'm also feeling kinda down (depressed but don't know why) and anxious. Throw euphoric recall (memories of good times drinking in the past) and family drama (fighting between my mother and her sister (my aunt)) and you have the perfect recipe for relapse!

It's just a crap day! Nothing bad happened, I'm just not happy and don't like being sober today.

I'm gonna try to pray myself to sleep. I'll check in again in about an hour.

Thx for reading. Sobriety is hard!!! Even with treatment, AA, my sponsor, you guys....it's still freaking HARD!

Is it worth it???
Old 07-01-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Sounds like your AV is at it again, Kiki.....that jerk just won't leave us alone, will it?! Don't give in!!! You are doing so well!!!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Woah, woah, woah… Guys, MITA... I have an English major I'l have you know! (Technically this isn't true, it was my best subject in school however).

You guys are probably right. I'm usually in a hurry when I am on here so I'm sure my posts reflect that, and I don't proof read them.

Really enjoyed your post above, that is some good advice. I hear you about the ladies man also, sheesh…

As for you Bobbie! 'Ascuse me please'

Kiki I hear you babe but it will pass.

Play the tape forward and you know that a drink won't solve anything.

You are doing great We all are it seems.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and relax Kiki - it gets easier...and you'll look back and marvel at how short this difficult part really was

You just need to get through the days - it doesn't always have to be graceful

Congrats on 30 Missy

D
Old 07-01-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Great to see you, LillianG! I feel like you've been kinda scarce the last few days. Hope all is OK with you.
Thank you for thinking of me. Like you, I have been very busy at work. I hardly have time to breathe. Looking forward to a long weekend and hopefully will have more time to read here. I've missed you all.

Day 111! That's amazing Casey - congratulations. And yes, 111 is very good number. If I had time, I'd attach a picture of a big foam finger with a "we're number 1" saying."
Old 07-01-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Purplrks...NO it WONT leave me alone today!!! Ugh. Damn AV! F you AV!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can sit with a little discomfort Kiki - you've done it before

D
Old 07-01-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks SPACE & DEE and EVERYONE..... I'm hanging on tight! I've been praying for 45 minutes straight & trying to sleep but it's not helping.

NEW STRATEGY: walk dog while listening to Drinking, A Love Story (I bought the audio book), get my favorite carryout and binge watch Netflix.

I'm gonna check in again in an hour...

You guys help me so much....
Old 07-01-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You can sit with a little discomfort Kiki - you've done it before D
Yes...I can and I WILL but I'm done sitting. I'm gonna walk my dog. Hopefully that helps.

When does it get easier???
Old 07-01-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

for me things got a little better each week - by about 90 days I felt I'd turned a corner.

D
Old 07-01-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

MITA, not sure my avatar is staying. It kind of bothers me. Maybe I'm just not used to it. I think you are making great strides towards that good life.

Goat, I don't know, maybe it's your Irish accent I can't understand. Lol. I look around at my meetings and wonder if the guys try to maneuver around so they can hold hands with a cute female. I think you're the only one I know that does that.

Kiki, hang on. Get through today. It is worth it, and like Dee said, it doesn't have to be pretty.

Fabela, sounds like you've got enough medication for the bug bite. Hope it heals quickly.

Lillian- quit working so hard, we missed you!

Purple, have a good evening, you're doing great!

Samantha, enjoy Canada Day!

Casey, make lots of money!

BBG, missing you.

Dee, have a great day!

Clearlyheaded, Missy, Immri, thirteenth, and anyone else, HI!

Talk to you all when I get to a rest stop. Getting on the road now.