Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 22

Old 07-01-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Loving the new avatars, guys! Haha. Just an update for ye and I am sorry that I'm not spending as much time on the board as I would like, potentially will be in future though I imagine.

Managed to successfully 'avoid' said girl today by arriving purposefully late to the meeting (I'm usually late anyway) and afterwards I was talking to the new guy who was ringing me to go drinking if anyone remembers? He's just back from another slip, he's limping, also heard he fell into the river or something though I don't know the full story. Anyway I kinda like the guy, he has a nice light in him and is really trying to 'figure out' his drinking problem. I hope he succeeds.

Anyway I feel guilty saying that I avoided said girl but she is a threat to my sobriety for sure. I forgot to mention that she was coming onto me in a physical way the other day, was a bit of a dilemma wether to drink or not but I didn't and I'm glad of it. I'm not attracted to her having thought it over and she aint even serious about sobriety. I get the feeling I'm gonna have to tell her this, the particular meeting she's showing up at is important to me too (first one that I went to)
Old 07-01-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Re-Member

As long as you get right back up, Bobbieka, it's all good.

Nothing wrong with avoiding that woman, Spacegoat. Put your recovery first and good things will follow, right?

What's going on, beerbgone?
Old 07-01-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Casey, you've out chatted me today.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yeah, but you're still kicking my butt in posts per day average.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Nothing wrong with avoiding that woman, Spacegoat. Put your recovery first and good things will follow, right?
Thanks man. Absolutely I believe so, I keep hearing that and it appears to be true. Was just saying at the meeting last night how I was kicked off a board and sent to AA which brought about some laughter in the room. It was a good meeting and I shared quite a bit.

There is a girl that I like in the rooms actually, as an aside. I mean I like her, I don't just fancy her. Been mulling this over for the past 6 months and there is definitely chemistry between us. We are quite alike in some ways also I feel and I think we would get on well.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Goat, 26 days! We're almost back to a month!
Old 07-01-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Indeed Bobbie, two and six- half a crown in bingo lingo (old time currency). You wouldn't believe how close you have come to winning our friendly bet.

And also how many time's, it has even been an extra factor in me not picking up. Belieb me, you do not wanna be waking up to my crap with a hangover!

Ah no, I'm not even that mean. Or am I? (ps turn up the funk!)
Old 07-01-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Yikes! That bug bite is turning purple, and DH practically forced me to call the doctor. They want me to come in for a quick check... for a bug bite.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi all, I am so so tired today. Started out feeling good, but now I have no energy and am cranky (kind of like a hangover). Need to snap out of it or I know AV will be rearing its ugly head. It always does on Friday.

Fabela, hope your bug bite is ok!
Old 07-01-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

YEEEES!!!! Wales scored! Belgium scored early, but now they're even. 1-1!! Darn that bug bite, I'm going to be missing the second half...
Old 07-01-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Are you eating enough, Ladybug? Drinking plenty of water? I ask that all the time, I know, but only because I know those are huge, easy to miss triggers for me. Either way, you know that a drink is not the answer. There's no feeling in the world so bad that drinking can't possibly/probably make it worse. Stick close, don't drink. No matter what.

I'm sure the bite'll be OK, but infections, etc., can happen sometimes, Fabela. Probably a good idea to get it checked out. Better safe than sorry, right? Maybe you can record the game and threaten everyone if they tell you the result before you can come home and watch it.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

That's a brilliant idea, Casey! I'll have to come up with some pretty good threats, though. No ice cream on vacation should do it.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks, Casey. I think I probably need to drink some water - all I've had (to drink) today is a cup of coffee and a little bit of lemonade. I'm not going to drink alcohol, promise! I will stick close, though.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Fabela, that bug bite sounds scary. Let us know what dr. says.

Ladybug, I think we're going to have to send you back to bed too.

Goat, no offense, but I really don't always know what you're saying. It's fun though.

Casey, nothing.

Just got back from the dr. Will find out if my liver is damaged next week. On the bright side, my blood pressure is normal. It has been scary high since October. No alcohol (thanks, guys) and running (thanks, Sam) seem to have done their job.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nothing??? I was just teasing about your chattiness earlier. Sorta.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Okay. I was teasing about nothing. sorta
Old 07-01-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Bugs, eat something. And stay hydrated.

TV in the waiting room! Yay!
Old 07-01-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Bobbie, I hope your tests come back ok. That's great news about your bp! I have a blood work order that has been sitting here for awhile. I need to bite the bullet and go get it done so I know if my liver is damaged. I'm really afraid to find out, but know it has to be done.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi guys, just checking in for the first time. Day 18.

Super busy morning taking our oldest son on a college visit. I got a MASSIVE TSUNAMI craving (euphoric recall & sadness that our son is growing up so fast) and it scared the heck out of me! I immediately called one of the women in my IOP treatment program & told her I REALLY wanted to drink!

She talked me though the craving and said I helped her too. After about 5 minutes the craving was gone & I realized I was hungry so I met my husband for lunch and then met my sponsor at an AA meeting.

Now I'm getting ready to take nap. My friend from treatment & I promised each other we wouldn't drink today and I'm NOT! It's just been a hard few days with lots of triggers! It's making me stronger though!!! That's for sure.

It sounds like everyone is hanging in there. I'm thinking of you all! Xo
Old 07-01-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Awesome job, Kiki!