Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 22

Old 06-30-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 30 day chip tomorrow Missy! That's huge!!!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Enjoy your day off tomorrow Purplrks. :-)
Old 06-30-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well.....gonna go to bed. Sooooooo tired. Treatment was emotionally exhausting tonight but the good news...I felt my feelings and they didn't kill me! Wow! What a concept!

Nite all!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Back from meeting. Saw Kamry after work. I'd like to say she smelled great, but I changed her diaper twice in the 45 minutes I was there. Nothing sweet smelling to report tonight.

I didn't want to go to my meeting. Need to get laundry finished before I go out of town. Got into a fight with my husband and went in a pissy mood. I really needed this meeting. A woman talked about guilt and letting it go. That if we feel forgiveness is for others, why isn't it for me too. Glad I went.

Goat, doesn't matter how cute she is, that spells trouble.

Casey, good to hear you didn't take a "chicken" dish to your neighbor. I've been watching too much GOT.

Clearlyheaded, hope your shoulder feels better. I'll msg you tomorrow about my trip.

Kiki- I got nothing. You just rock.

Purple- good night. I think if you think you're going to relax you're crazy. You'll jump out of your skin if you sit still.

Missy- 30 day chip. I am so proud of you.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just took a manly bath where I finished reading Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain. It's by far the best rock and roll history book ever written, in my opinion. I try to reread it every two or three years. Lot of tragic firsthand stories of alcoholism and drug abuse in there as well, so I even got some recovery stuff out of it.

Missy, I've had a copy of Mockingbird sitting on my bookshelves for a long time now but have never read it. I'll move it into my "read this soon" pile. Thanks for reminding me I had it.

Sweet dreams, Purplrks! Have a wonderful day off and I'm still looking forward to hearing about your first drum lessons.

Samantha, I'm sure we'll technically be a little slower than normal this weekend but people on holiday also tend to tip a little better so I bet I'll make up in quality what might be missing in quantity.

I have not saved enough for a car yet, KiKi. I could go make a down payment on something but I've made it this long so want to wait until I can pay straight out cash for something. My tentative goal has always been by my birthday in mid-August. I'm probably on track for that still. Sleep good!

Alas, I knew that new baby smell would dissipate eventually, Bobbieka. Glad you heard what you needed to hear at your meeting. It's amazing how often that happens.

I'm going to go get in bed myself. Congrats to everyone who made it through today sober. And thanks to everyone of you for keeping me sober one more day. Sweet dreams everyone! Have a wonderful day, you upside-down Australians!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Casey, To Kill a Mockingbird is a quick read. Every time I say "hey" to someone, I'm thinking of Scout in that book.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I posted the picture of whitewater rafting to my profile. It made me smile so much seeing my brother post that. It's from 4 years ago. It was a great trip all around, and he talked me into going rafting because his wife was terrified to go. I'm so glad I let him talk me into it. It's something I will remember forever.

Casey - I read To Kill A Mockingbird for the first time this spring. Definitely read it. I finished it in three days.

Bobbie - Have a good trip. I'll be on standby to hear from you.

Missy - Congrats on your 30 day chip!! I'm sorry work is so blah, stressful, and frustrating for you right now. You are handling it really well.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Looks like so much fun, Clearlyheaded.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Casey, To Kill a Mockingbird is a quick read. Every time I say "hey" to someone, I'm thinking of Scout in that book.
Oh, I've read To Kill a Mockingbird literally dozens of times since I was a little kid. It was one of the first "grown up" books I ever read. I used to only read it for the Boo Radley parts when I was a kid and just skim through all the courtroom stuff, and now I pretty much read it the exact opposite way. I skim through the Boo Radley stuff and really dig into the courthouse scenes.

I was referring to owning but having never read Mockingbird, the Harper Lee biography that Missy mentioned re-reading.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Love the picture, clearlyheaded. I had a near-death experience whitewater rafting about 13 or 14 years ago so will never do it again, but I used to absolutely love such things. Now I prefer sitting beside a swimming pool.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi all
Was having a bit of a roller coaster of emotions this morning, felt great then felt incredibly guilty at all I put my family through when drinking. I cant help but wonder if I made dads life so much worse, contributing to all this.... Maybe he'd still be alive if all this never happened, and I hate that he won't be around to see me finally doing well. Nothing with any answers or solution, just venting.Trying not to dwell though or I know I'll get overwhelmed and want to drink.

On a happier note I love to kill a mocking bird, and I love please kill me too!
Old 06-30-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Casey I think that was the first grown up book I read too. I actually bought it with my pocket money from a flea market with my dad, and he was proud I wanted a book instead of a toy or something. Thanks for reminding me
Old 06-30-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't go down that road too far Immri.

I'm sure your dad loved you and you him - he would be pleased as punch to see what you're making of yourself now

D
Old 06-30-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Casey I think that was the first grown up book I read too. I actually bought it with my pocket money from a flea market with my dad, and he was proud I wanted a book instead of a toy or something. Thanks for reminding me
That's an absolutely wonderful memory.

Yet another thing we have in common besides our amazingly unique personality test types. My twin down under.

My dad's an antique dealer specializing in rare books (though he'll buy and sell most anything old he can make a buck on) so I spent most of my childhood in flea markets and junk and antique stores and used bookstores. Now my nephew is carrying on the tradition of going to "work" with my dad on the weekends.

Hang in there today. You can't change the past and feeling guilt about it is only going to make your tomorrow miserable. Keep on doing the next right thing--that's the best thing you can do for your dad's memory and for the rest of your family. And, of course, for yourself. You're an amazing person and I'm blessed to have you in my life today. We all are.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks so much guys that really helped. Sometimes I just need something outside of myself to snap me out of some self pity and guilt, thank you I do feel better now.
I know he loved me and I sure hope he knew I loved him.
Casey I spent a lot of time in places like that with my dad too, not his job but definitely a passion. I love those memories
Old 06-30-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Have a nice day, immri and Dee. (And Mish, wherever you are.) I'm really going to bed now. Give the Beast and Beast-ie Boy a good scratch on the belly for me, immri. Goodnight!
Old 06-30-2016, 09:49 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good night Casey thank you again for what you said it really pulled me out of a dark place. Sleep well.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Immri, I'm glad you're feeling better. You're entitled to feel sad sometimes. What happened to your dad is very sad.

Hugs.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:45 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

Starting day four pretty early even for me. I slept okay but am so incredibly tired....maybe I just need a few consecutive days off....which are on the horizon..

I think I am the on Canadian here - but Happy Canada Day!! 149 today!!
Old 07-01-2016, 01:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Happy Canada Day, Sam!

We're driving down south tomorrow, so today will be spent packing and getting ready. Have a nice day, guys.