Notices

One Year & Over Part 39

Old 07-12-2016, 12:00 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Nothing redundant about 4 years Ivan, shout it from the hilltops! Bet at one point you never envisaged 4 weeks!

Glee I am sad for your boss, it is not easy to find work these days, I hope he isn't too down. You have worked hard on your personal growth in sobriety and it shows every time you are in a difficult situation. I too can contest that Gleefan, Sassie and Courage are all real, no hidden mechanics at all! I met another of our March 13 class, Joygirl, who Carlos knows well. Oh, and I have spoken to Carlos on the phone and he didn't sound remotely automated!!!

Itchy, how sad about what is happening there. I have done some courses on drugs and on law and crime, and the statistics against the black population in America is staggering, genuinely staggering. Retaliation though, is never the answer. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth leaves us all blind and toothless. I could rant but I don't have the time today!

Stargazer thanks for the update on Amp, I guessed as much, as I knew he had a lot on just now.

BF, it sounds like you have made the right decision for you for now. And have the chance to let the dust settle.

Sass, mags, I made my tapestry up of old bits of thread I found lying around, it's more Jackson Pollock than fine weave! Will life improve? I'm a frayed knot! sorry couldn't resist. ( yeah, yeah, I know I should have at least tried!!!)

Grace I worked in dementia care and was bitten kicked scratched spat at and sworn at by people who in previous life wouldn't say boo to a goose. All for minimum wage too. It is frightening to know that it will become endemic unless we find a way to do something about it. Molly sends a slobbery kiss.

Mags home grown and organic, what more can a body ask for!

Zip, at least someone appreciates my incredible humour!!

FBL, sad end to what sounds like a lovely holiday trip. I'm glad your mom seems settled

Good morning Wolfie, are you enjoying your sneaky carbs??

Must away, got to go earn enough to keep the tax man happy.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:06 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by IvanMike View Post
A bit redundant (as I posted in newcomers), but 4 years clean today.

Hope everyone is having a good one.
Congrats Ivan! I am in awe of you "long timer" folks.

You all are a huge inspiration to me!
Old 07-12-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
Hey. Caught up but have to go get ready for work. Cancelled my interview Friday. Made the decision to stay with floral, it'll be harder--challenging but I love it and it should settle down as soon as I start getting my own orders in and I have a work area...I am living the Money Pit right now. :-) I hope I made the right decision. If it doesn't work out, I figure there's a lot I can do and will watch the job postings-other stores post them as well. I'll give it 6 months or so.
I think you made the right decision BF! My boss gave me the option of what part of the store I wanted to run, and I asked for either produce or floral. He gave me produce, and I'm pretty psyched though the store has serious growth opportunities there. Imagine receiving 400-500 cases a day! Going for the ultimate challenge helps keep me engaged and growing in my career. It's great to do something that you enjoy!
Old 07-12-2016, 02:27 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IvanMike View Post
A bit redundant (as I posted in newcomers), but 4 years clean today.

Hope everyone is having a good one.

Just awesome. So happy for you.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Do your best

My only sneaky carbs has been 1 packet each of rich tea & digestive biscuits which is pretty bad but on the whole I've been eating super healthy & really low carb felt drained at first but it will balance out I'm also trying to not eat anything high in fat as for some reason to me it feels like it's defeating the purpose

So I'm having lots of spinach & other 0% carb or low carb vegetables with a lot of chicken eggs fish etc

I'm not enjoying it but it's worth it
Old 07-12-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Huge congrats, IvanMike

Toots, yes, I can also attest to you being alive AND kicking
And I do miss you being closer. My little kitty is now 17. Tapestries can be whatever they are ...

Blue, glad to hear you are going for it. A job we love matters a lot. And we are not locked in forever if it doesn't work out.

Hi Glee :-)

Sorry you have had a bad week, Itchy. You've got it right - bad weeks don't need to be associated with alcohol.

Hi to all.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

^^^ Oh yes. Bad weeks are just associated with life. Which sucks sometimes. s
Old 07-12-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Ivan, congrats on 4 years!

Well, today is my clear diet day as I prepare for my very first colonoscopy tomorrow morning. The hardest part for me will be not eating today...I love to eat (real food). Oh well, I can always pig-out tomorrow night!

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 07-12-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

yes keepum coming toots!

and good for you ivan
Old 07-12-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Greets Overs! Congrats GnikNus and IvanMike on the anniversaries!

Raining again after a dry period, now getting to be almost too much! I had this awful bronchitis that finally seems to be mostly gone. I sang a solo this past Sunday and managed to get through it only because it was a short piece and was for a high baritone so it did not go too high or low for my tenor voice. Of course Monday I had a much better voice, when I did not need it.

Getting out of town to see my sister this weekend, taking Friday off. Some major masonry work begging end of month so may be last chance for some time away for summer.

All in order so far, happy Tuesday to the Overs!
Old 07-12-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Congrats, IM and GN on your milestones.

I've had the pleasure of not just meeting, but, hanging out as well as phone talking with more than a handful of "real-deal" people from this site. What is so interesting is how what you see via posts is what you get. Haha, Glee and I spent a day in Manhattan the first time we met, then chronicled pages in the Undies forum from the experience. It was three powerful AA meetings in storied venues, food-food and more great food, all with the backdrop of literally 10,000 people dressed like Santa while bar hopping, and acting crazy for this Santa-Con thing. Me thinks that Glee and I blew their fun drinking experience away with simple sober joy.

Gots to dash - - - - - - Have a good one -

Carlos
Old 07-12-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

I'm having a bit of a rocky patch with the boyfriend. I don't really know what's going on, we just seem to be not having a great time right now. I am dealing with attachment issues, the thought of losing him now is terrifying to me, and whenever things are not perfect I think he's pulling away and I freak out. It's not cool and I'm probably driving him away. But he has his own issues with confidence and he told me last night that he doesn't feel worthy of love. .....so I don't really know what to do!
Anyway, all I do is work these days, which I must go do more of now.
Work is crazy.
Blue Fairy I'm really glad that you made the right decision for you, and don't forget there are always other opportunities down the road.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Do your best

Watching quite a good film called 13 hours
Old 07-12-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hi Overs

Hope you all had a good day. Just past 2 a.m here in the U.K and way, way past my bedtime.

Hi I.P hope you're okay and I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a bit of a dodgy time with your boyfriend. We all have our rough times I suppose. Do you think maybe a little break away together or even apart might help sort your heads out? I hope you work it out between you.

You're doing really well Gniknus, going on for 600 days is epic, carry on doing what you're doing.

Bluefairy, Hi. I'm sure you came to the right decision re your job, I always say if in doubt don't do it, follow your gut instinct. Things always have a way of working out if it isn't right.

Good morning Soberwolf, hope you're well.

You were lucky seeing some sun Mags, we didn't get any in the North West, just rain, rain and more rain. Those tomatoes are never going to get ripe at this rate. Yes, we are hearing about more cases of Dementia and Alzheimer's these days, more than likely due to the fact that people are living longer too. I'd never heard of either not so many years ago. It's a horribly cruel disease. I hope they find a cure in the not too distant future.

IvanMike, many congratulations on 4 years. What a fantastic achievement.

Gleefan, I'm sorry to read about your boss, that's sad. Sad for him and his family and sad for his employees. It makes such a huge difference to your job having a decent boss. I hope he finds a new job quickly.

Hi Dharma x

G.morning Itchy. I'm sorry to read that you're having a 'bit of a time of it' at the moment, it's not like you at all to be feeling overwhelmed by it all, you usually sound so chirpy and full of the joys of life. I hope your spirit improves and the weather cools down for you.

Thanks for Molly's slobbery kiss Toots, can't beat a bit of dog slobber, lol.

Hi Stargazer. Not many people can say they have a job they enjoy, so good luck to you, it sounds good.

Hi V.C, I hope all is well with you my lovely.

Soberwolf, you'll soon get used to the healthy diet, is this on Doctor's orders or are you doing it off your own bat to get healthy?

Hi Saskia, aww your little kitty is quite an old lady but in saying that we had a cat that lived until she was 21, so fingers and everything crossed that yours does the same. xx

Argh Soberwolf, hope your colonoscopy wasn't too much of an ordeal. I had my first colonscopy and gastroscopy 3 weeks ago. It wasn't the most pleasant of ordeals but it didn't take long, just an afternoon our of my life. I stayed awake the whole while and watched the procedure on screen. I hope yours shows everything to be okay.

Hi Rusty, I hope all is good and well with you. Are you still doing the gigs?

Glad to hear that your bronchitis is on the way out Drake, can't be good for singing, you did well.

Hi Carlos, the people I know from here, including your dear self and Toots, have been very kind and supportive to me through my bad times and are very real. I am hoping to meet up with a couple of friends from S.R during the next couple of months. Looking forward to it.

I really must get to bed now or I'll be fit for nothing tomorrow. I work as a classroom assistant with a bunch of 6 yr olds on a Wednesday so I need my wits about me.

Good night and love to you all.

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx
Old 07-12-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hey just checking in. Feeling kind of lonely. Did battle with the printer all night to try to print out what I'd done with my steps I worked on and finally gave up. Will just take my laptop to sponsors house lol. Have no idea why all printers hate me so. Thought it messed up because I installed windows 10 recently but my husbands printer didn't work either. He's gonna have to just reinstall the whole dang thing. Thought a lot about that scene in office space tonight...
Old 07-13-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Ivan, congrats on 4 years!

Well, today is my clear diet day as I prepare for my very first colonoscopy tomorrow morning. The hardest part for me will be not eating today...I love to eat (real food). Oh well, I can always pig-out tomorrow night!

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Hope everything goes well and no polyps are found!
I have my third scheduled in a few weeks. I am considered high risk with three members of my father's side of the family dying from colon cancer. I get this ritual every three years now.
The forced cleanse is like an oil change for the body!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-13-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
Hey just checking in. Feeling kind of lonely. Did battle with the printer all night to try to print out what I'd done with my steps I worked on and finally gave up. Will just take my laptop to sponsors house lol. Have no idea why all printers hate me so. Thought it messed up because I installed windows 10 recently but my husbands printer didn't work either. He's gonna have to just reinstall the whole dang thing. Thought a lot about that scene in office space tonight...
Sorry, I had to laugh a little at this BF. Every time something needs printed in our house, it's a huge ordeal. One printer is 18 years old and only prints in black from the desktop. The other printer is wireless and occasionally works as directed. I really just need to suck it up and buy a decent printer and be done with it.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:16 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Not that it's about me...but I had a really really crappy day today, all-day panic attack in fact....so I'm trying to regain my equilibrium right now.
But all of this stuff is happening with all of you, and I care.

InPar darling ~ you know the answer here. You can never hold on too tight. You need to have faith love. It will work out. I promise you.

Love to all of you. ♥
Old 07-13-2016, 02:38 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Do your best

The diet is to help my neice and mrs sw as they kinda just said yep were doing a no carb diet so to make life easier I went no carb/low carb myself

IP I hope it works out

Hope all goes well FBL

Hey BF Suze Stargazer Mesa Toots Mags D Least Rusty Itchy Grace Saskia FG Gleefan & anyone I've missed
Old 07-13-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

De-clutter ...de-clutter ...de-clutter the story of my holidays .. I can't BELIEVE the cr@p we have accumulated .... we are getting there though