# 3 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Thanks, Dee and my thoughts are with you and your mum as she has surgery
Old 06-29-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for moving us forward dee!
Old 06-29-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know if maybe it's because I'm tired and working so much, but I've been having sudden drinking thoughts, like "what a drag that I can't drink" kind of thoughts, like, I want to be able to relax like everyone else, thoughts.
Kind of weird cause I haven't had serious thoughts like that in a long time. Will have to keep an eye on that I guess.
I'm going to Portland this weekend! Will be celebrating Independence Day with y'all 'Mericans.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey IP x
Old 06-29-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, Awhile back someone posted about Stranger in a Strange land here--that is my favorite book--closely tied with Friday by the same author.
I am in a bit of a dilemma here. The old job I was passed over for is up for grabs again and the meat mgr. wants me to apply for it. With the changeover I am really tempted. The main thing is the hours- my floral job at Haggen had me about 20-25 hours, always off by 4:30 with 2 consecutive days off at least every week. Now I am working 40 hours, split days 9-6. this would be great if I could sleep until 7 but husband's alarm goes off at 5:30 and it's impossible to go back to sleep after that plus 6 is late to get off--late to eat dinner and late to try to work out. Also I have 4 weeks of vacation every year and no way to take it since I am the only one in my dept. (you have to use it up every year--it doesn't roll over) I know my old job like the back of my hand and they guys running the dept. are like my brothers but I feel like I would be making a mistake. My higher power says to stay put where I am--I really love floral and I know the craziness right now will die down and that I can learn it and get used to the schedule and maybe even get someone for back up so I can get time off but there is also the 65 and out clause in the meat contract that is exclusive to meat--years of experience + age =retire. I can also see myself doing the floral longer as well though-it's definitely less intensive physically. I also would be railroading over someone else to get the job and since it was done to me I wouldn't feel good about doing it to someone else . I'm so tired and worn out I'm not thinking well either darn it and I need to make a decision fast.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

That's a toughy BF, but you seem to be answering yourself in your question. I guess maybe a pros and cons for each job helps to weigh them. Do you feel you really will get used to the hours you're currently on? Which of the jobs has the most of the important things you want and which has the most of the negative things you don't like?

Woohoo!!!! FBL Ican guess what day it is!!!! thank you!

IP as long as you have plenty of the right weapons in your sober armoury you won't be ambushed. Enjoy your Independence Day celebrations.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah I think so--I really am lucky things turned out the way they did. I think I'm going to stay with my job. They say it's 40 hours but it's Albertsons--they'll be cutting hours soon enough and then I can use vacation. I will just try my sober hardest to make it work. Also the floral industry is growing within grocery stores--better buying power--stuff's cheaper--the pro's way outnumber the cons. it's just hard right now lol. I have no dept. to do my work in...for another 3 weeks at least. I've been out back doing dump and destroy straight in to the yucky compost in the heat, sneaking in to the meat dept. to cut flowers after most of the guys have left and all my stuff is in boxes in a storage room that is crammed full of stuff. I also have had some insomnia back and I'm really foggy and trying to learn the new systems. People have been really patient and helpful though and--miracle of miracles I am 'getting' the stuff, some of it anyway, I managed to do my first order this week.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sounds like you made the right choice for you BlueFairy.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey Blue IP Toots D Itchy FBL Mags Rusty Amp Dharma Saskia

Thanks for the new part D

I think I mentioned Stranger in a strange land recently still waiting for it to arrive I remember Itchy & others mentioning how good it is so can't wait so far everything itch has recommended has turned out to be awesome

Weird weather with more predicted goodnight beautiful people
Old 06-29-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Thanks, Dee and my thoughts are with you and your mum as she has surgery
Yes, absolutely. Love and prayers from me too. ♥
Old 06-29-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
I don't know if maybe it's because I'm tired and working so much, but I've been having sudden drinking thoughts, like "what a drag that I can't drink" kind of thoughts, like, I want to be able to relax like everyone else, thoughts.
Kind of weird cause I haven't had serious thoughts like that in a long time. Will have to keep an eye on that I guess.
Your show Dead of Summer aired last night InPar, downloading it as we speak...I can't imagine you having done all of these amazing things if you were still drinking.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sassy, you wrote :
"I woke up late (or rather, later than usual) and it's been popping with posts here. This is one of those times I thought of all kinds of responses I wanted to make but have now forgotten them so will give up on that for today. My warmest thoughts for all today and so happy you are all here. "

Those posts after were the forgotten ones you forgot you forgot and got to post not forgotten yet forgetting you forgot what you got later.

Glad you liked the quote. As for the rainfall, we also have more humidity and higher temperatures this year, and those much earlier than ever before.

Thanks V love yours too! Hugz kiddo!
Hey was this milestone your longest? I thought you'd relapsed after several years. Hoo boy then double the grats!

FBL,
That IS remarkable having an old daytime soap, despite the vampire themes, re-releasing the whole shebang. I never was a fan of day time soaps, except one that came on at night as a spoof of the soaps briefly called "Soap." Soap (TV Series 1977?1981) - IMDb

RZ,
I'd heard of PET scans but never saw one done in my life in hospitals before I turned to guns as a living. The CAT or CT is a tiny ring and when they scheduled me for one some years back I was afraid it was a big claustrophobic tube. It was just a foot deep and no claustrophobia was triggered. I had to look up PET and it is like the MRI scanner in that it is a long tube. MRIs make a lot of noise and though never claustrophobic in my life, those tubes make me stay on the edge of control for about 45 minutes. I may have to ask for sedation next time.
Modern medicine is great but there are some things that challenge our reptilian Medulla Oblongata.

Star,
You wrote " This is hard work "not" doing something." Well said! Although it does get so easy some idiots think they are now normies and can moderate. I am one that is recovered and will not relapse because I drank my fill already. And it helps that at the end of my drinking I got yeasty mouth from drinking so much beer, not a yeast infection just that nasty hops and yeast taste that you get in a hangover except mine was 24/7 because of my 24/7 drinking! I hate the thought of the taste of alcohol now. The effects even less. The hard work never stops, but we do eventually turn all that effort to profitable enterprise, be they emotionally enriching or financially rewarding.
Life doesn't get better, we do!

Dharma,
I am tickled at your enjoyment of AA. I may just need to find another one here that is humanist/secular/atheist to go to. I am not an atheist, just a confirmed agnostic (contradiction in terms intentional).
MY oldest son was born in 1973! I was born in 1952 So figuring out your age is easy for me.

I watched a lot of the syndicated shows from the 50's in the 1960s like you watched the reruns of The Monkees. I watched the old Abbot and Costello shows and "The Life Of Riley, The Young Rascals, Jack Benney, The Bowery Boys, and 3 Stooges. It seems we young kids get the free shows on TV from the previous decade.

Wolf!

Mags,
Glad it was so easy for your scan! Sorry you feel badly when around wet paint. I love the smell of latex paint but only after they are done when sprayed on, and no particles in the airHoping for the best for you kiddo!

FBL,
It must be Hump Day!!!

Dee - thanks for the new thead!

Afternoon Drake!

IP,
Take a step back when you start feeling deprived of alcohol. You are also being deprived of hangovers, embarrassment at behaviors, Literally being sick and tired, and spending money to process it.

May the Fourth be with you!

Blue!
I Grok! That would be me, the ultimate Heinlein fan (TANSTAAFL!) I loved "Friday" too, his last book I think. If you loved those you have got to get a physical copy of "Time Enough For Love." In the middle of the book are 10 or so pages of Heinlein quotes/aphorisms, later published as the notbooks of Lazarus Long. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_No...f_Lazarus_Long

I say go with your gut. Flowers sounds good to me.

Hi Toots!

Wolf,
Anything Heinlein is a great read, even his early SciFi thrillers aimed at a younger audience.
Goodnight bud!

I did nothing today but take a break from the heat and humid yard work. I towed a friend's trailer and mower down to be repaired with my new to me truck as his was in the shop. I reconnected with my oldest friend and found he was still not retired (he is 2 years my junior,) I talked him into going back to school in our thirties to SIU for Industrial engineering degrees. He went on to own his own manufacturing plant for a worldwide high demand professional product, I went on to the AirForce and run thge largest set of facilities for shooting handguns, rifles, light medium and heavy machine guns, shoulder fired rockets, Shotguns and grenade launchers, in the USAF.
Great last 20 years of my military career.

Brexit is affecting all of the manufacturing companies because they are al;ready getting contacted by the British standards and licensing folks as the EU standards may not be the ones accepted by the UK. And that is only the start.

Here's an American comedianne on the Brexit:

Last edited by Dee74; 06-29-2016 at 11:44 PM. Reason: 9
Old 06-29-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's kind of hard to laugh watching those videos Itchy. But thank you.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well, met with my new sponsor today and asked her her personal opinion on my job situation and she voted for floral so I won't apply for block supervisor. It was nice to be asked though :-)
Old 06-29-2016, 10:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm really glad you like your new sponsor Blue.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs.

Dee all the best to your mum.

Itchy love that comedian! I've posted it to Facebook. Lol.

Just a flying visit catch up later.

Have a good Thursday X
Old 06-30-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Glad to hear that mama Dee pulled through the surgery.

My new avi is a picture of me and my first "girlfriend"...the little neighbor girl across the street. As I mentioned previously, she would come over and watch Dark Shadows with me & my mom. This photo was taken on one of those days in early 1971, just as the show was nearing it's first-run end. And yes Toots, that's me on the left

Itch, I was also a big fan of Soap and, of course, I now own the entire series on DVD.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 06-30-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

I didn't realise your mum had surgery D glad it went well

Hello Overs